The Unscrupulous Tiering Director Tour III [Round 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Zebraiken | Tour I Finals - hosted by Eo Ut Mortus| Tour II Finals - hosted by papai noel|

Introduction
If you haven't heard, we've decided to revise Smogon's tiering system again. Everyone knows that the OU council is run by oppressive fanatics and that suspect tests are just ban-happy bandwagoning fools who don't appreciate what Landorus and Hoopa contribute to the metagame. It's time we overthrow these despots and unite as a common people. Our new system will be a democracy: everyone will have a say.

Tournament Specific Rules/Information

• This is a single elimination tournament, best-of-one format for all rounds except Finals, which will be best-of-three
  • All games are to be played in the OU format
  • When you sign up for the tournament, you are required to complete one of the following actions:
    • Ban two Pokemon (example: Manaphy and Breloom)
    • Ban two moves (example: Ice Beam and Swords Dance)
    • Ban one Pokemon and one move (example: Manaphy and Ice Beam)
  • The user must add their bans in their sign-up post
    • A user who does not follow this rule will not be added to the sign-up list until they fix their post
  • The Pokemon and move banned must be already usable in the OU tier when sign-ups occur
    • For example, banning Rayquaza or Swagger is not allowed
  • When a player is eliminated from the tournament, their ban will be revoked in the next round
    • Let's say User A bans Manaphy and Ice Beam (and is the only one to ban them). When User A loses, Manaphy and Ice Beam will be legal to use in the following round
  • Multiple bans may be made for the same Pokemon/move
    • For example, User A and User B both ban Manaphy. If User A loses in a round while User B continues on, Manaphy will still be banned in the next round
    • Bans enacted by multiple people will remain in effect until all people with the same ban are eliminated
  • Banning a base form automatically bans the Mega form
    • Getting rid of Slowbro gets rid of Mega Slowbro naturally, while banning Mega Aerodactyl doesn't ban regular Aerodactyl
  • Substitutes' bans will not take effect. Substitutes will adopt the bans of the players whose positions they take
  • Changing a ban after sign-ups are closed is not allowed
General Tournament Rules

• Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Moody Clause: Players cannot use a Pokémon with the Moody ability.
  • Swagger Clause: Players cannot use the move Swagger.
  • Baton Pass Clause: Players cannot have more than one Pokémon with the move Baton Pass.
Tournament Rules and General Guidelines

Match-Ups:

Starmei vs WECAMEASROMANS
Level 56 vs UmPM
Aidan248 vs (mil vs TonyFlygon)
Melle2402 vs Alvis astley
Altina vs quagback2qc
Mael vs Weegah
Exiline vs tjdaas
(NeverDie vs Iloveleague) vs p2
Googly vs pokebasket
Ruppy vs silver97
Mychael vs Duelmex
Mysterious M vs (Gastrik vs Blackoblivion)
FLCL vs jacob
Drud vs Anno nyme
We Three Kings vs (MegaStarUniverse vs horyzhnz)
Omastar vs Electricity'L

Bans:

(read carefully - numbers represent multiple bans)

http://pastebin.com/nWzi2YXZ

save replays if you encounter banned mons/moves

Unbans from Round 1:
Excadrill
Gliscor
Jellicent
Landorus-T
Manaphy
Rotom-W

Hidden Power
Recover
Roost
Toxic

Deadline:

May 16th at 8:30pm
(Central Standard Time)

Last edited:

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Contacted

Also how to extensions work to bans? Does stuff get unbanned as the round goes on?

mil vs TonyFlygon

After examination of the messages between you two and a private message I received, I've decided to give TonyFlygon the win.
This is because a lack of appropriate punctuality by mil. mil stated that he was free during the weekend, to which Tony said that he would be around "Smog Tour time" (never specified in the convo). mil and Tony didn't meet on Saturday, and mil had to turn down Tony's request for Sunday because of nonavailability.

Tony and mil were then supposed to play today, but mil missed the scheduled time by over an hour. Tony had to leave shortly before mil arrived, and told me that he couldn't play until the weekend, which is too long of a wait and unfair to Aidan248.

With mil not being around twice when he said he could, and Tony showing more effort to make the game happen than mil, I'm giving Tony the win. I don't think either party intentionally tried to make the process difficult, but this decision needs to be done.

Speaking of which, the NeverDie vs Iloveleague and MegaStarUniverse vs horyzhnz matches need to get done in 48 hours so the round can move on.

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
got lucky vs weegah after he let me redo (after i used a banned move), i'm truly a terrible person, gg man and thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)