Status
Not open for further replies.
In as SakonTheThief
http://prntscr.com/6pjclh
Pokemon:
Glalie (.726)
Kingdra (3.184)

Porygon-Z (4.604)
Seismitoad (not counting this as DH) (.774)
Gligar (5.99)
Florges (16.281)
Total: 31.559%

EDIT 1: REPLACING Porygon-Z with Magneton. Total goes from 31.559=>28.526
EDIT 2: Magneton says goodbye, Tornadus comes in. Total goes from 28.526=>29.34

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-223248674 Patrick1088 if you want to use Glalie, just hit things and blow up once its not useful :] here it takes out fat machamp, which was annoying me. Also Kingdra nb job but setting up is hard with this thing.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-223263065 More Kingdra sweepin' also i have no idea what he was running on cune ?_?[/hide]
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-223855176 This replay demonstrates how Glalie can be a massive threat with Tailwind Tornadus. I mean holy shit, a +2 Mega Glalie with no Ice resists to be seen? that just screams "ICE GRENAAAAAAAADDDEEE"
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-223858439 Glalie freeze-dries a Swampert (fuck your damp) before rampaging past Vacuum Wave Lucario so tornadus and kingdra can do their jobs

Last edited:
Entering under the alt 12 Turtles

Dark horses will be Kyurem and Qwilfish

The team will likely change but here it is currently:

Salamence | 16.85965%
Doublade | 4.52267%
Whimsicott | 3.30647%
Kyurem | 2.12265%
Seismitoad | 0.68258%
Qwilfish | 0.39694%

25.79% total

Double posting, but there isn't a ton of activity going on right now...

I think I'm done playing with this team so I'll post a couple notes
upload_2015-4-23_12-47-23.png

The most successful variant of the team was Mence, Doublade, Kyurem, Seismitoad, Qwil and Snorlax. The goal was to feature life orb Subroost Kyurem and to support it with Toxic Spikes from Qwilfish.

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Kyurem @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 220 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Roost

First observation is that Kyurem can be pretty awesome. It may not be as easy to plug in and use as Hydreigon or Mence, but it can definitely do work if supported and played well. I found myself leading with Kyurem quite often, as a lot of teams send out there hazard setter first. Kyurem has the upper hand in most of these situations (Swampert, Hippo Empoleon, Defensive Forry, Donphan, Krook, Roserade are all scared out/defeated 1v1), giving it the opportunity to chuck out powerful ice beams or set up a free sub. Behind a sub, offensive and balanced teams had a difficult time dealing with Kyurem; most water types can't hit Kyurem hard enough to break a sub, letting Kyurem sub and heal at its leisure, and the ones that can (Swampert, Feraligatr) aren't able to stomach multiple hits. Common steels are hit hard by earth power. Dedicated special walls like Florges, Umbreon, Snorlax and SpD Pory are the best answers to this set...and they all happen to be conveniently vulnerable to Toxic Spikes, hence....

Qwilfish!

He's not very scary looking, but he pulls his miniscule weight around just fine. Intimidate + typing allows him to switch in to a ton of common physical attacks (fire, fighting, steel) and set up Tspikes. He's quick enough to stop most walls from doing the things they like to do with taunt, and he sticks around awhile with pain split. The downside to Qwil is that he's got a ton of competition from a lot of viable poison types in UU. Still, in the right situation, he's pretty useful.

Hey, I'm kind of new here to the forums, but I saw this and thought it looked cool. Can someone explain to me what you exactly do? I read the description that csb posted and found it a bit confusing. But what I did get from it, I knew I wanted to do it. So is there any room/time left to join in on this? If so, I'd love to.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Post your team with the usage percentages and the alt you plan to use (must be an alt with no UU games on it currently), and ladder as high as you can before the end of the month. That's it!

Post your team with the usage percentages and the alt you plan to use (must be an alt with no UU games on it currently), and ladder as high as you can before the end of the month. That's it!
Okay, thanks. I'll be sure to post later today.

Going to make a team again in May, since this month just flew by. Can someone take over updating the front page? We're kind of behind.

If nobody minds me joining may's competition 1 day early, then I see no harm in doing so. I'll post my team tomorrow, if it's all the same with you guys.

My full Team, I'm feeling pretty confident with this one...
Magneton - 2.02
Dugtrio - 1.02

Cresselia - 4.38
Umbreon - 6.22
Suicune - 11.46
Heracross - 9.54

Puts me at 34.64 overall

Alt: It's a Trap 343

Last edited:
Okay, this is something I've been looking forwards to trying out since I started getting into the UU metagame, good to see it's up and running. Anyways, here's the team:

Aggron - 8.22%
Gligar - 6.22%
Porygon-Z - 5.03%
Alomomola - 2.31%
Tyrantrum - 1.26%
Meloetta - 1.08%

Total - 24.12%

Laddering Alt: Rhodium45

So, I'm peaking at just over 1300 so far and just wanted to give my 2 cents on the DH since I don't know how much time I'll get to play tomorrow.

Registeel: Very surprising DH imo. Original team that I was playing with before DH had Doublade over Registeel. I've been running the classic Curse set and it's pretty effective in the UU meta once bulky steels/waters and really strong special attackers have been eliminated (Infernape, Nidos, etc...). It can actual set up on several mons like M-Beedrill, M-Aero, etc.. Once it starts accumulating boosts, it can even take SE hits with ease. I've actually found it to be able to go toe for toe with Feraligatr. Last minute addition is not disappointing. I'm interested to see how Regi performs at higher ladder.

Qwilfish: I've been playing with Qwilfish for a few weeks now. It's ability to lay down hazards and check Entei, Darmanitan, Lucario, Slurpuff, etc.. is just astounding. Qwilfish started gaining steam late BW as a premier check to Mienshao and Hera (who were top ranked mons at the time). But, its role hasn't changed, but the Water/Poison typing is essential in today's meta defensively. Also, Qwilfish pairs perfectly with Hydreigon and Blissey being able to handle most of the UU with ease.

Jellicent: I've been looking for a mon for a while that can help me cut down on needing so many checks to top threats (i.e. Lucario- both physical and special, CroCune, M-Beedrill, Nidos, etc..) and Jelli has been the star of the show. WoW, Taunt and great bulk lets it beat out most leads (Forry, Donphan) while preventing Clerics from healing (Taunt on Umbreon, Florges, Blissey, etc...). That Water/Ghost typing is very good letting it check a plethora of mons.

My team has been focusing on getting hazards down, keeping them down and wearing down the opponent for CurseSteel sweep, assisted by M-Aero and Hydre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)