1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The UU Mafia (Returns!)

Discussion in 'BW UU' started by Nas, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nas

Nas Thinking of a master plan...
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnus

The notorious Pokemon Mafia has returned to the UU forums to issue another challenge! The bosses from every major Pokemon crime syndicate have come together in search of a new don. To find a trainer worthy of leading the Mafia, they have issued a formidable challenge: Defeat all 5 Mafia bosses, and you will become the new don, one of the most powerful and influential people in the Pokemon world. Whoever holds the title of don at the time the challenge ends will be declared the victor. This challenge will test your battling skill, teambuilding prowess, and metagame knowledge against some of the best UU battlers out there. Do you have what it takes to defeat the Mafia?

Here are the 5 crime bosses you must defeat in any order:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Rocket Boss DestinyUnknown
    Record: 11-1

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Aqua Commander FlareBlitz
    Record: 3-3

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Magma Commander kokoloko
    Record: 6-1

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Galactic Boss reachzero
    Record: 6-4

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Plasma King RT.
    Record: 10-0

[​IMG]
    Mafia Don ???
    Record: 0-0

Rules: (Read them)

• If you are challenged as a member of the Mafia, you must not john. Continued johning will lead to you being replaced.
    • Mafia members can take part in the challenge, but get to skip themselves. If one of them becomes the don, they will get replaced.
    • All matches are to be played in the current UU tier, whatever that my be, with the standard clauses on.
    • If you lose, you lose all your progress, and you cannot challenge another member of the Mafia until 48 hours has passed.
    • If you lose as the don, you will lose all your status and have to work your way back up again.
    • To defeat a Mafia member, the challenger must win two consecutive battles against him. If the challenger loses either game 1 or game 2, it is considered a loss. If the challenger wins game 1, both players teams will be locked for game 2. Expect your Mafia opponents to use Pokemon that seem...familiar. This format applies to challenges against the current don.
    • There is no set order with which you must challenge the Mafia. You are encouraged to play any boss that you see on IRC or the forums. If you do not run into Mafia members regularly enough, you must schedule a match via forum PM.
    Prizes:

• Your reward is escaping with your dignity.
    To start your challenge, simply post in this thread saying you are going to play, and then report back with your wins and losses. Sharing logs and replays is encouraged. This will be good practice if you are looking to vote with the UU Senate!

Good luck, and I will be keeping a record of players challenges here!

Records:
    Show Hide

Cherub Agent - [​IMG]
  2. kokoloko

kokoloko supersmooth
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

battle pls
  3. DetroitLolcat

DetroitLolcat Maize And Blue Badge Set :)
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Oh, this will be fun!

(Will edit here with progress)
  4. Level 51

Level 51 [17:37:18] boTTT: (Private to @Level 51) ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

In if I can catch anyone lol

User: Level 51
    Attempt 1 (open)
    Matches played: 1
    Victories: 0
    Losses: 1 [kokoloko]
    Symbols won: none

Attempt 2 (open)
    Matches played: 1
    Victories: 0
    Losses: 1 [FlareBlitz]
    Symbols won: none
  5. Demist

Demist

Might do this
    will be editing stuff here
  6. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic Turn it up!
    is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

lmao, thought this was a mafia game, so it happens to be a 'UU Elite five" game... well im in

Something unexpected happened vs DestinyUnknown, I 'should have won' 1st game, legit won 2nd but lost the 3rd match. As I just started on the mafia bosses thing, We both agree and think it would be fair that this is counted as a loss, but I will not have the disadvantage of the 48 hours timer thing.

EDIT: Realises this is harder than I thought... this thing forces you to win 10 UU games in a row, vs the UU leaders... 1 hax loss and we're out, difficult
  7. DestinyUnknown

DestinyUnknown in other words...
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I won against Cherub Agent, gg
  8. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic Turn it up!

DestinyUnknown Dc'd in the middle of my +3 sweep and never came back.

I've waited for about 10 minutes

I claim my win

EDIT: This is settled between us, this can be recorded as I did not win the round, but I will not have the disadvantage of the 48 hours time limit thing because DestinyUnknown had to go, it would mean the same thnig anyway since I didn't have any progress originally

ok this thing never happened
  9. DestinyUnknown

You have to beat me twice and you didn't even beat me once ( I actually had an slim chance of winning, mind you), the point of this is having fun, if my internet is lagging as hell you shouldn't start clicking ''kick inactive opponent''. So yeah, if you actually want to beat me you will have to do it the right way, ffs.

Metal Sonic won the first game, I won the second, sorry about the disconnection thing, my internet has had problems lately...
  10. Organization Member XIV

Organization Member XIV

In, and will be editing in this post. Will try and get some matches if I can. My name is tehax0r on PS! just to let the mob bosses know.

EDIT: Seriously, 10 consecutive wins. Ugh, that is a lot harder than getting 10 consecutive wins against n00bs. Trying to contact DU for a match. I hope people accept my challanges.

DOUBLE EDIT: Koko, I'll battle you if you still want a match.
  11. Ernesto

Ernesto is a motionless pedophile
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Definitely in, I couldn't actually participate in the last one due to it being my last high school year and all.

(I like it how it's now become 48 hours if you lose, I remember the last one being a one week wait)

EDIT: Lost against koko gg
  12. tml

tml

13. hilarious

hilarious

im in this but im also expecting all the bosses to be using zubats
  14. DestinyUnknown

Won vs Nelson-X, gg
  15. Ace Emerald

Ace Emerald Horsing around
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Visual Media Head

I would like to do this.
  16. TPO3

TPO3 Never practice; Always perform.

17. kokoloko

kokoloko supersmooth
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

won vs Level 51 gg
  18. Bassmaster4

Bassmaster4

I'm challenging.
  19. reachzero

reachzero the pastor of disaster
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Defeated Bassmaster4 in game two.
  20. Cherub Agent

Cherub Agent
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Defeated reachzero in two games
  21. hilarious

hilarious

i also defeated the reachzero although with a necessary crit
  22. Squidsauce

Squidsauce

in, squidsauce or squidpoison
  23. Metal Sonic

Metal Sonic Turn it up!

;lost vs reachzero
  24. exotic

exotic

in

28/12 lost against Dunk
  25. Vileman

Vileman

in to see how much i suck at UU
    edit: lost against destinyUnknown in a close and good match
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)