The UU Mafia (Returns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nas

Banned deucer.

The notorious Pokemon Mafia has returned to the UU forums to issue another challenge! The bosses from every major Pokemon crime syndicate have come together in search of a new don. To find a trainer worthy of leading the Mafia, they have issued a formidable challenge: Defeat all 5 Mafia bosses, and you will become the new don, one of the most powerful and influential people in the Pokemon world. Whoever holds the title of don at the time the challenge ends will be declared the victor. This challenge will test your battling skill, teambuilding prowess, and metagame knowledge against some of the best UU battlers out there. Do you have what it takes to defeat the Mafia?

Here are the 5 crime bosses you must defeat in any order:

Rocket Boss DestinyUnknown
Record: 11-1

Aqua Commander FlareBlitz
Record: 3-3

Magma Commander kokoloko
Record: 6-1

Galactic Boss reachzero
Record: 6-4

Plasma King RT.
Record: 10-0

Mafia Don ???
Record: 0-0

Rules: (Read them)

• If you are challenged as a member of the Mafia, you must not john. Continued johning will lead to you being replaced.
  • Mafia members can take part in the challenge, but get to skip themselves. If one of them becomes the don, they will get replaced.
  • All matches are to be played in the current UU tier, whatever that my be, with the standard clauses on.
  • If you lose, you lose all your progress, and you cannot challenge another member of the Mafia until 48 hours has passed.
  • If you lose as the don, you will lose all your status and have to work your way back up again.
  • To defeat a Mafia member, the challenger must win two consecutive battles against him. If the challenger loses either game 1 or game 2, it is considered a loss. If the challenger wins game 1, both players teams will be locked for game 2. Expect your Mafia opponents to use Pokemon that seem...familiar. This format applies to challenges against the current don.
  • There is no set order with which you must challenge the Mafia. You are encouraged to play any boss that you see on IRC or the forums. If you do not run into Mafia members regularly enough, you must schedule a match via forum PM.
Prizes:

• Your reward is escaping with your dignity.
To start your challenge, simply post in this thread saying you are going to play, and then report back with your wins and losses. Sharing logs and replays is encouraged. This will be good practice if you are looking to vote with the UU Senate!

Good luck, and I will be keeping a record of players challenges here!

Records:
Cherub Agent -

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
In if I can catch anyone lol

User: Level 51
Matches played: 1
Victories: 0
Losses: 1 [kokoloko]
Symbols won: none

Matches played: 1
Victories: 0
Losses: 1 [FlareBlitz]
Symbols won: none

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lmao, thought this was a mafia game, so it happens to be a 'UU Elite five" game... well im in

Something unexpected happened vs DestinyUnknown, I 'should have won' 1st game, legit won 2nd but lost the 3rd match. As I just started on the mafia bosses thing, We both agree and think it would be fair that this is counted as a loss, but I will not have the disadvantage of the 48 hours timer thing.

EDIT: Realises this is harder than I thought... this thing forces you to win 10 UU games in a row, vs the UU leaders... 1 hax loss and we're out, difficult

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
DestinyUnknown Dc'd in the middle of my +3 sweep and never came back.

I've waited for about 10 minutes

I claim my win
Do you just want to see the text "you win"? Okay. You win.

EDIT: This is settled between us, this can be recorded as I did not win the round, but I will not have the disadvantage of the 48 hours time limit thing because DestinyUnknown had to go, it would mean the same thnig anyway since I didn't have any progress originally

ok this thing never happened

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
You have to beat me twice and you didn't even beat me once ( I actually had an slim chance of winning, mind you), the point of this is having fun, if my internet is lagging as hell you shouldn't start clicking ''kick inactive opponent''. So yeah, if you actually want to beat me you will have to do it the right way, ffs.

Metal Sonic won the first game, I won the second, sorry about the disconnection thing, my internet has had problems lately...

In, and will be editing in this post. Will try and get some matches if I can. My name is tehax0r on PS! just to let the mob bosses know.

EDIT: Seriously, 10 consecutive wins. Ugh, that is a lot harder than getting 10 consecutive wins against n00bs. Trying to contact DU for a match. I hope people accept my challanges.

DOUBLE EDIT: Koko, I'll battle you if you still want a match.

Definitely in, I couldn't actually participate in the last one due to it being my last high school year and all.

(I like it how it's now become 48 hours if you lose, I remember the last one being a one week wait)

EDIT: Lost against koko gg

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
in to see how much i suck at UU
edit: lost against destinyUnknown in a close and good match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)