The UU Open I - Semifinals

Discussion in 'Smogon Grand Slam' started by JabbaTheGriffin, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Battle Spot Leader

[​IMG]

It's finally time to get the first leg of Smogon's brand new tournament series underway! We start our quest to find Smogon's greatest side-tier player with everyone's obvious favorite, UU. Good luck to everyone! May all your Focus Blasts hit and your Scalds triple crit burn.

Tournament Rules:
    • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
    • Grand slam rules can be found here.
    • Standard BW2 UU.
    • Best of three, single elimination.
    • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the UU ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown.
    • If tier changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
    • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.*
    • PS allows some illegal movesets. You cannot use them. If you use a banned moveset, depending on the circumstances, you could forfeit your match. If you're caught using Sleep Powder/Spikes Roserade I won't even ask for the circumstances.
    • BW cartridge win conditions are in place, there are no ties.

A bunch of rulings I expect you all to read (open)
    Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so don't be too mean.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Battle Clauses:
    • Evasion Clause
    • OHKO Clause
    • Sleep Clause
    • Species Clause
    • Timed Battle
    • Team Preview

Semifinal Matchups:
    Nachos vs W_M
    McMeghan vs. Nelson-X

The deadline for this round is September 17th
  2. idiotfrommars

idiotfrommars schemes and plots are the same thing
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Nachos vs W_M
    McMeghan vs. Nelson-X
  3. Malekith

Malekith
    is a Community Contributoris a SPL Winner

Nachos vs W_M
    McMeghan vs. Nelson-X
  4. AkHolic

AkHolic

McMeghan will win this, i guess.
  5. Funkasaurus

Funkasaurus ITS CLOBBERIN' TIME
    is a Tiering Contributor

McMeghan, more like McWINNING
  6. tml

tml

Nelson got it
  7. Metroid78

Metroid78

8. Amell

Amell

nachos to win this n__n
  9. kokoloko

kokoloko I fill the bag.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    Underused Leader

McMeghan can't lose
  10. Zebraiken

Zebraiken with splinters in our teeth, we're driven from our parallels
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Super Moderator Alumnus

McMeghan to go all the way
  11. MMF

MMF Give me the strength to part this sea

MC(M)HAMMER
  12. Alexander.

Alexander.
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

13. Django

Django
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

McMeghan gg GG
  14. Vinc2612

Vinc2612 I guess I'll never learn
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderator

W_M vs Nelson-X
  15. Hot N Cold

Hot N Cold PLUTO
    is a Pre-Contributor

Naxos y McMeghan
  16. H-C

H-C

17. W_M

W_M

In contact with opponent.
  18. Kennen

Kennen dont you worry child

Nachos vs W_M
    McMeghan vs. Nelson-X

McBoss White Mad
  19. -Manu-

-Manu-

Nachos vs W_M
    McMeghan vs. Nelson-X

Roro takes this
  20. SJCrew

SJCrew Believer, going on a journey...
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

For some reason, I am inclined to root for W_M.
  21. Nachos

Nachos ∇Good player alert!∇
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Won 2-1, gg.
  22. W_M

W_M

Lost. GL to the rest of participants.
  23. Chieliee

Chieliee

mcmeghan is too good for this game
  24. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Nachos v McMeghan

Can't decide finals
  25. McMeghan

McMeghan Dreamcatcher
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Champion

Lost game 1, won games 2 and 3, ggs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)