The UU Theorymon Project - See Post #81!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Water/Fairy Slowking

Regenerator Goodra

+20 HP Escavalier

Nasty Plot Jolteon

Tough Claws Drapion

Will we actually get to use these like the old OU Theorymons?

Water/Fairy Slowking

Regenerator Goodra

+20 HP Escavalier

Nasty Plot Jolteon

Tough Claws Drapion

Will we actually get to use these like the old OU Theorymons?
I'll have to talk with kokoloko and Zarel/somebody on PS, but don't get your hopes up. I'd love to see this have like it's own ladder. The big problem with that is however, is that a ban list and suspects would more than likely be generated, and the goal of this project was to use creative thinking to buff low-ranking Pokémon and make then more competitive in Underused, not establish a new OM.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'll have to talk with kokoloko and Zarel/somebody on PS, but don't get your hopes up. I'd love to see this have like it's own ladder. The big problem with that is however, is that a ban list and suspects would more than likely be generated, and the goal of this project was to use creative thinking to buff low-ranking Pokémon and make then more competitive in Underused, not establish a new OM.
Also UU just doesn't have the playerbase to get this to work out. OU, on the other hand, has tons of people willing to play this meta.

| Jolteon
New Ability: LightningRod
Why?: Although Volt Absorb does punish players for using Elec moves, it isn't very threatening since Jolteon is frail as hell and can still be murdered easily (essentially Volt Absorb recovery negated by terrible bulk). LightningRod severely punishes players my turning a regular Jolteon into a +1 Jolteon. Combined with 130 Speed, it's very hard to bounce back from a mistake like that. What balances this change out is of course lack of good attacking options.

| Escavalier
New Move: Rapid Spin (It's a shell thing. If coffee tables like Avalugg can spin, why can't Escavalier?)
Why?: Giving Escavalier Rapid Spin gives him a really new niche: Bulky Rapid Spinner with crazy Attack stat. Now many might wonder what Escavalier has that MegaToise doesn't since they both share similar roles. Whereas MegaToise as amazing bulk, Escavalier has the coveted Steel-typing, which allows it to function as a better defensive switch into offensive Pokemon and thus, more opportunities to Rapid Spin. Furthermore, Lefties recovery comes in handy.

| Goodra
Stat Redistribution: -20 Speed, -20 Special Defense, + 20 Defense, + 10 Special Attack, + 10 HP
Why?: Gooey is an amazing ability to deal with Physical attackers. However, Goodra lacks the Defense to stomach such a hit. Considering Goodra is a pseudo-legendary, I refrained from changing the stats (increase from 600 to 620). One of the biggest issues with Goodra is that its Special Defense is unnecessarily high, so chopping from 150 to 130 isn't going to make it any less bulkier. I also decided to chop 20 Speed points since Goodra is meant to be a big, bulky thing, so having a base Speed of 80 really doesn't feel thematically correct. Besides, Gooey can somewhat negate the now Base 60 Speed against Physical attackers. To capitalize on Gooey, I decided to reallocate its stats into its physical defense as well as its Special Attack. The HP and Defense buffs allow it to comfortably sit at 100 HP / 90 Defense, which allows it to live significantly more attacks than its previous 90 HP / 70 Defense. The +10 in Special Attack pushes Goodra's Special Attack up to 120, which is a significant power jump. Overall, these changes make Goodra more of a strong offensive tank.

EDIT: Damn I didn't see Mazz's post about voting. Hopefully my post is still elegible.

Damn I didn't see Mazz's post about voting. Hopefully my post is still elegible.
I'm going to have to say no to this. This project has been open since Tuesday, and there was little to no activity in it for the past two days. I don't quite understand why you chose to wait so long on posting this.

The next round will open on Tuesday. Try to get your suggestions in sooner :]

Cool project!

1. Water/Fairy Slowking

2. Spikes Jolteon

3. Poison Heal Goodra

4. U turn Escavalier

5. Tough Claws Drapion (dragon/poison/dark coverage eats everything)

Okay, like the RWV2 thread, I'm ending this round a little sooner than I had initially planned. There were some ties in the voting, which I resolved by placing my own votes (which i will only do in the event of ties). The winners for this week are:

Spikes Jolteon (CoolStoryBrobat)
Water/Fairy Slowking (CoolStoryBrobat)
Heal Order Escavalier (Colbrushie)
Poison Heal Goodra (MicfiJasan)
Tough Claws Drapion (Hogg)

I've also noticed a flaw in the system; there were no stats buff winners this round, mostly because people didn't vote for them. I suggest that when you do buff some stats, show some relevant calculations or fluently explain what it now outspeeds or can accomplish with these new stats.

And the suspects for the next round have been now added! Have fun with:

Feraligatr | Metagross | Meloetta | Mega-Abomasnow

Water/Dragon Feraligatr

Flavor: He learns Dragon Dance and has access to Outrage.

Water/Dragon is excellent typing, as we have seen from Palkia and Kingdra. Two weaknesses to Fairy and Dragon are easily handled by steel type partner. The newfound neutrality to Grass and electric coupled with a x4 fire resist lets it set up on very prominent threats. Aqua Jet and Torrent make it a great RK as well. See calcs below!

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Feraligatr: 91-108 (29.1 - 34.6%) -- 8.2% chance to 3HKO

+2 252 SpA Solar Power Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Feraligatr in Sun: 249-293 (79.8 - 93.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Feraligatr in Sun: 131-155 (41.9 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Lets not forget, it now has a x4 resist to water now...

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Feraligatr in Rain: 196-231 (62.8 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(Just for LOLz)

+6 4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Feraligatr: 92-108 (29.4 - 34.6%) -- 9.6% chance to 3HKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Feraligatr Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 235-278 (58.1 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ Atk Feraligatr Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 181-214 (44.8 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (if you run lum berry and get burned) add in Sr or previous damage and thats a clean 2hko which wouldnt have been possible otherwise.

Other bulky waters that it now get past include Mega Blastoise (watch out for d pulse!) Alomomola, etc..

Lets not forget that it can run sD as well! (will run calcs later!)

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
OK, finally got a chance to update these suggestions. I still haven't figured out the best wild card, though. We'll start with these.

Mega-Abomasnow

NEW STATS: +10 Def, +10 SDef

Defensive boosts seem like they shouldn't matter much for the Abominable Snowman, but giving him mixed defenses of 90/115/115 makes him quite the mixed tank, giving him easy switch-ins to bulky waters and fairies without fearing any of their attacks. For example, assuming a defensive spreads of 248 HP/252 Att/8 SpD (just made up on the spot now - there are probably more ideal spreads), he can more easily switch into threats like...

• Swampert, whose strongest attack now deals 13.8-16.4%.
  • Florges, whose Moonblast deals 26.1-30.8% despite her nice base 112 SpAt.
  • Mega Ampharos, whose Dragon Pulse from 252+ SpAt only deals 41.7-49.6%.
  • Mega Absol, who can no longer OHKO even with the 4x effective Fire Blast, and whose Sucker Punch deals only 33.6-39%.
  • Suicune, who can't 2HKO with a +6 Scald (36.2-42.8%), and who is 2HKO'd be Seed Bomb in return.
  • Celebi, whose Psychic deals 22.1-26.6%.

Basically, if you don't have a super-effective attack (and in some cases, even if you do), Abomasnow probably won't be 2HKO'd by you, and can almost certainly 2HKO you in return or set up a Swords Dance. Going up to 115/115 defensively isn't a huge bump, but honestly I think that Mega Abomasnow is pretty good already (and vastly underrated), so I'm hesitant to give this guy too much of a boost. (Note that in the OU version of theorymon, they gave him Technician, which turned out to be a pretty serious offensive boost - Technician Ice Shard, Bullet Seed and Frost Breath is no joke!)

Feraligatr

NEW MOVE: Belly Drum

Look at that belly! Gator is just crying out for a Belly Drum. This will make Gator a far more threatening offensive powerhouse, especially with a +6 Aqua Jet. Its low Speed will keep it from being overwhelming, however, as it will be easily revenged by things like Hydreigon.

Assuming a Jolly BD set with something like Belly Drum/Waterfall/Aqua Jet/coverage move (EQ is nice for electrics and bulky waters, Ice Punch hits dragons and Hydreigon in particular, Crunch is your best option aginst folks like Celebi), you've got calcs like...

• +6 252 Atk Feraligatr Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Celebi: 600-706 (148.5 - 174.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • +6 252 Atk Feraligatr Earthquake vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Mega Blastoise: 321-378 (89.6 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
  • +6 252 Atk Feraligatr Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 245-289 (60.6 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +6 252 Atk Feraligatr Aqua Jet vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Crobat: 271-319 (72.6 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
  • +6 252 Atk Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 232 Def Florges: 462-544 (128.3 - 151.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • +6 252 Atk Feraligatr Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mienshao: 340-402 (125.4 - 148.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • +6 252 Atk Feraligatr Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Honchkrow: 379-447 (111.1 - 131%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It would be a pretty solid threat against stall, who it can outspeed most of and tear through, and does decently versus offense as well thanks to its +6 Aqua Jet. Its decent defenses and typing give it more opportunities to set up than, say, Slurpuff, as well. On the other hand, it wouldn't be unstoppable, especially because even with Jolly it's relatively slow, and it will only have three available moveslots. Carrying EQ means that things like Celebi and Hydreigon can respond to it. Carrying Ice Punch or Crunch makes bulky waters like Empoleon and Mega-Blast able to threaten it out. It can also still be revenged by faster threats that resist Aqua Jet. In other words, it would play similar to the stallbreaking Swords Dance set, but would actually have use over Haxorus in this role thanks to more immediate power and access to Aqua Jet.

Metagross

NEW ABILITY: Levitate

(Sorry, had to include a picture of a levitating Metagross.)

It gets Magnet Rise, so obviously this guy is capable of using his magnets to float. Metagross suffered hard from the Steel nerf, so giving him a new immunity will help salve his wounds a bit. This will give him more opportunities to switch in and allow him to check threats like the Nidos, making him an interesting offensive alternative to Bronzong.

Levitating Metagross with an Assault Vest could be a fantastic answer to many special sweepers and the Nidos in particular, being immune to both of their STABs and able to threaten them away with Zen Headbutt (a guaranteed OHKO against Nidoking, and a 62% chance to OHKO Queenie). Its Stealth Rock set would also love a free switch-in on ground attacks. Heck, the CB set would love that too.

Giving it Levitate wouldn't completely outclass Bronzong, who would still be more useful in some niches for its superior defenses, but it would give Metagross the boost he needs to be useful in his myriad roles once more.

Meloetta

NEW TYPING: Fairy/Psychic

Trading her Ghost immunity for a Dragon immunity and neutrality to Dark will make Meloetta a fantastic answer to non-Iron Tail Hydreigon. Despite its lower power, Dazzling Gleam gives a handier second STAB than Hyper Voice. Though she isn't pink, she fits in with the fairies thanks to her pixie-ish appearance and dancing theme, and the fact that she already has access to Dazzling Gleam makes this an easy conversion. I mean, heck, she looks like she could be sisters with Gardevoir, the other Fairy/Psychic.

As for Meloetta versus Gardevoir, I honestly think non-Mega Gard belongs in UU anyhow, so having a Fairy-typed Meloetta would help replace the hole she's left. Gardevoir has a better movepool anyhow (in particular thanks to having access to Moonblast instead of just Dazzling Gleam as her Fairy STAB), and a better ability in Trace. Meloetta in return is bulkier and faster, but her Serene Grace is largely wasted when her best moves are things like Psyshock and Dazzling Gleam, and her slightly better SpAt doesn't make up for the lack of Moonblast (which deals ~6% more damage from base 125 SpAt than Dazzling Gleam does from base 128).

Last edited:
For a wildcard, im going to do Fletchinder with Flare Blitz and Brave Bird as 2 move buffs. But, will write it up later on! :-)

Edit:

Flavor: Talonflame gets BB and FB, so its only right, that its pre evo can learn these moves.

So, BB and aFB fletch would completely turn the UU meta on its head, literally. SD and CB sets would both be viable. Acfess to priority BB and the ability to hold an item like LO would push Fletch into the upper ranks. Please see below relevant calcs for CB Fletch...

252+ Atk Choice Band Fletchinder Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Nidoking: 273-322 (89.8 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Fletchinder Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 220-261 (64.5 - 76.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Fletchinder Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 241-285 (73.9 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Fletchinder Flare Blitz vs. 132 HP / 0 Def Ampharos: 253-298 (71.4 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (in case it wants to switch in on BB)

252+ Atk Choice Band Fletchinder Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Jirachi: 440-518 (108.9 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (predicting BB)

252+ Atk Choice Band Fletchinder Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 184-217 (38.9 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

But, wait! It has access to SD!

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Fletchinder Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 317-374 (67.1 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Fletchinder Brave Bird vs. 128 HP / 4 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 217-256 (65.1 - 76.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Fletchinder Brave Bird vs. 144 HP / 0 Def Mega Blastoise: 328-386 (97.9 - 115.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Fletchinder Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 251-296 (62.1 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Fletchinder Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 136+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 234-277 (68 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 136+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 225-265 (65.4 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (for power comparison)

If you happen to be on the opposite side of a +4 fletchinder, then this little angry bird will eat your soul...

Add in dual screens and memento support (think deniss team) and you have a top threat with just the addition of these 2 moves...

Last edited:
I think that

With Brave Bird for a WildCard

would be very tight. It will have an extremely powerful STAB that's double the power of Aerial Ace. With the boost from Tough Claws, almost nothing can switch into Mega Aerodactyl's Brave Bird. As a matter of fact, Mega Aerodactyl can 2HKO most of the tier's physical walls after Stealth Rock with Brave Bird.

Comparisons:

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 114-135 (28.4 - 33.6%) -- 95.1% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Brave Bird vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 228-268 (56.8 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Blastoise: 148-175 (41.3 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Brave Bird vs. 236 HP / 0 Def Blastoise: 295-348 (82.4 - 97.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 94-112 (22.3 - 26.6%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 189-223 (45 - 53%) -- 31.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Nidoqueen: 166-196 (47 - 55.5%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Brave Bird vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Nidoqueen: 331-391 (93.7 - 110.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 84-100 (23.7 - 28.3%) -- 23.6% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Forretress: 168-198 (47.5 - 56%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 97-115 (24 - 28.4%) -- 32.5% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 193-228 (47.7 - 56.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Aerial Ace vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Donphan: 127-150 (34.8 - 41.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Brave Bird vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Donphan: 253-298 (69.5 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Brave Bird Aerodactyl is cool, but, from the OP:

• Don't suggest changes about Pokemon that are already pretty viable in UU. Of course the term 'pretty viable' is open to interpretation, so to be more specific, everything in B rank and below in the Viability Ranking thread is fair game.
I would say that BB Mega-Dack would be a significant buff to an already significant threat, with a good chance of moving him up to S-rank, as he can now punch through most of his counters.

Brave Bird Aerodactyl is cool, but, from the OP:

• Don't suggest changes about Pokemon that are already pretty viable in UU. Of course the term 'pretty viable' is open to interpretation, so to be more specific, everything in B rank and below in the Viability Ranking thread is fair game.
I would say that BB Mega-Dack would be a significant buff to an already significant threat, with a good chance of moving him up to S-rank, as he can now punch through most of his counters.
Wildcard.

My nomination for wildcard is

New Stat:

Gallade
+20 Speed

Having used Gallade in this tier extensively, I have to say it's surprisingly effective. It has an incredibly wide physical move-pool that it can make good use of, multiple sets and semi-reliable recovery in Drain Punch. However Gallade's biggest problem by far is it's mediocre speed stat, it just dosen't have the bulk to survive a ton of hits so being outsped by almost every relevant offensive threat in the tier is a huge downfall. So with a shiny new 100 base speed stat all of it's sets become more relevant. Now it won't be breaking worlds with this buff, but it definitely gives it a niche. It's banded set in particular suddenly becomes a solid check to a variety of threats, including Swampert, Hydreigon and Mega Absol

Some calcs
252+ Atk Choice Band Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 484-572 (120.6 - 142.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band burned Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Swampert: 242-286 (60.3 - 71.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Gallade Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Doublade: 124-146 (38.8 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKOn
252+ SpA Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 54-64 (19.4 - 23.1%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Gallade Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 840-990 (500 - 589.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Hydreigon U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 21-25 (7.5 - 9%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Also it's lum berry set becomes a decent check to Scarfrachi
252+ Atk Gallade Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 226-268 (66.2 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Gallade Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 94-112 (27.5 - 32.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 156-184 (56.3 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
Hmm. With base 100 speed, I could see a Swords Dance set actually being viable. At +2, Gallade could do some pretty good work on the tier just with Close Combat/Psycho Cut/Knock Off, now that it outspeeds common threats like Hydreigon, Haxorus, Arcanine and Krookodile.

Last edited:
The Mega-Aerodactyl wildcard entry will not be allowed for a few reasons.

The first being, Mysteria you haven't submitted buffs for the four suspects. That's a condition that must be met prior to making a wildcard entry.

The second, Hogg has already pointed out; Maero is already at a level of viability where it doesn't need to be buffed. Anything below B rank is fair game.

Oh crud it is? I will add buffs to the other 4 in a bit!

Wip:

New Move:

Meloetta
+Boomburst

Meloetta is without a doubt one of the most versatile pokemon in the game, with a huge amount of sets. I am afraid I have little experience with this pokemon, but it's clear that a relatively offensive mon like Meloetta will really appreciate the benefits of having such a high power, spammable move as Boomburst. Works great on the flavor front too.

Changed Ability:

Mega Abomnasnow
Snow Warning now lasts 8 turns

This might be pushing the rules a bit too far, but I figure it's worth a shot. With an additional 3 turns of hail upon each switch in Mega Abomnasnow suddenly becomes much more threatning. But more importantly the additional turns might be enough to cause the return of a currently extinct team type; the Hail Team. Not only would a new team archetype add more options to the way one plays UU, but it would give previously worthless mons like Walrein a new lease on life.

New Ability:

Metagross
+Heatproof

Not a huge buff. Metagross still can't take attacks from the fire wallbreakers very well, but it can now check them in a pinch, especially with a bit of investment in defense. For example:
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatproof Metagross: 281-330 (77.1 - 90.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 398-470 (113.3 - 133.9%) guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Heatproof Metagross: 236-278 (64.8 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Metagross Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Chandelure: 268-316 (102.6 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Thus means that Fire types have to be a bit more careful when facing Metagross.

Last edited:
The Mega-Aerodactyl wildcard entry will not be allowed for a few reasons.

The first being, Mysteria you haven't submitted buffs for the four suspects. That's a condition that must be met prior to making a wildcard entry.

The second, Hogg has already pointed out; Maero is already at a level of viability where it doesn't need to be buffed. Anything below B rank is fair game.
Do i need to do buffs for metagross, melo and mega snow too? I only did it for gatr and my wildcard...

Meloetta with Chatter!
Flavor: Melo is a singing poke, it can have access to the infuriating move of chatter, since it wants to talk you into confusion lol

100% STAB move that causes confusion AND hits behind subs allows Melo to take on a new role as infuriating as Rachi. You can pair this up with T Wave and Zen Headbutt to cripple the opponent so theyll never move thanks to Serene Grace.

Protean Metagross
Flavor: Metagross 4 brains figured out how to get STAB on every move (it is the original iPhone now, which does just about everything)

Do you miss those days when Mrtagross wasnt maimed by Dark moves? Well, its new ability Protean gets rid of that nasty psychic weakness and turns Gross Into a sturdy Mono steel...

252+ Atk Life Orb Honchkrow Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 144-172 (39.5 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Krookodile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 177-208 (48.6 - 57.1%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO

Its new ability gives it STaB on previous coverage moves, but now...

252+ Atk Life Orb Metagross Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 237-281 (58.6 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It can even go with HP to get interesting new types... heres HP Fire...
252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 146-172 (40.1 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

It can also play mind games with Mega Amphy with Earthquake /steel coverage with AssVest support. If amphy chooses wrong, itll be a resisted or immune attack to Metagross.

Mega Snow with Spore
Flavor: Mega Snow is a grass type that loves quiet time as per Flavor texts. Whats the best way to ensure peace and quiet? Putting the opponent to sleep with Spore

Spore would be a huge boon for Mega Snow. Itll allow it to incapacitate its normal counters as it sets up a SD or SubSeed shennigans. Imagine putting that Darmanitan or Infernape to sleep on the switch. Put it this way as well, its not like opposing Grass Types are going to switch in on Mega Snow for fear of Ice STAB. SO, youre almost guaranteed to cripple something with Spore on the switch.

Will edit this fully later.

Ninjad by RyanKoopa , ill fix Melo later

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Metagross: +20 Speed

One of Metagross' biggest flaws is its very low Speed. By increasing that, you improve almost every one if its sets. It functions such better as an offensive Stealth Rock setter because it can outspeed other offensive setters such as Nidoking and Nidoqueen and have a much higher chance of beating them. Also, though Assault Vest is nice to tank more hits, to won't need to take as many because it can remove the opponent first.

Feraligatr: Sheer Force

Seriously its Feraligatr's hidden ability it should have this already :/ Anyways, Sheer Force would be an interesting buff to Feraligatr because it would A) make it stronger and B) remove recoil from Life Orb in exchange for secondary abilities, something it doesn't rely on anyways. It also allows it to get the equivalent of a Life Orb boost while also being able to run something like a Lum Berry to set up more easily.

I'll add the other two later

My nomination for wildcard is

Gallade
+20 Speed

Having used Gallade in this tier extensively, I have to say it's surprisingly effective. It has an incredibly wide physical move-pool that it can make good use of, multiple sets and semi-reliable recovery in Drain Punch.

Some calcs

252+ SpA Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 54-64 (19.4 - 23.1%) -- possible 5HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Gallade Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 840-990 (500 - 589.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Hydreigon U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 21-25 (7.5 - 9%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Also it's lum berry set becomes a decent check to Scarfrachi
Ok first off, if gallade gets a speed boost, I'm using close combat, no doubt.
Your speed outspeeds nothing relevant that you say, since it already outspeeds swampert and doublade, except for Hydreigon.

The problem with hydreigon though is you're using like a level 50 hydreigon in the damage calculator. Hugely unimpressive imo. You should check that kind of thing before posting.

252 Atk Gallade Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 260-308 (80 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 239-282 (85.9 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Lastly, scarfrachi still outspeeds and 2hkos, I don't see how the speed helps.

Overall I think its a good nomination, just that you gave mostly irrelevant support for it.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
The problem with hydreigon though is you're using like a level 50 hydreigon in the damage calculator. Hugely unimpressive imo. You should check that kind of thing before posting.
Heh, I've made that same mistake when running calcs. The default Hydreigon in the PS damage calc is for VGC, so it's level 50. I was wondering why that Drain Punch in RyanKoopa's post was so strong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)