The Venting Thread (trolls itt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Grammar nazis on forums piss me the hell off. (not the OP, that is all legit stuff)

Just people talking about fucking independent clauses and commas and shit on forums like people give a fuck if forum posts are grammatically correct, as long as I can read it without having 2 r3plac3 numb3r5 with l3tt3r5 that have no right being there in the first place I couldn't give a shit if people want to put a comma down their urethra, and piss it back out.

Also when you go on YouTube and the most liked comment is "x number of dislikes on the video hold an opposing belief to what is being shown in the video".

And Polish people.

Grammar Nazis on forums piss me the hell off. (not the OP, that is all legit stuff)

Just people talking about fucking independent clauses and commas and shit on forums like people give a fuck if forum posts are grammatically correct, as long as I can read it without having 2 r3plac3 numb3r5 with l3tt3r5 that have no right being there in the first place I couldn't give a shit if people want to put a comma down their urethra, and piss it back out.

Also when you go on YouTube and the most liked comment is "x number of dislikes on the video hold an opposing belief to what is being shown in the video".

And Polish people.
Bold is changes.

Also, I can definitely agree on the YouTube thing. And Polish people.

I can't stand people (mostly adults) who try to sound smart by saying "between you and I", or by saying "I" or "myself" when "me" is correct. Also, it pisses me off when people use "whom" incorrectly. If you have no clue what the difference between "who" and "whom" is, use "who", or you'll sound more stupid.

And you can't "lay down" unless you're fucking duck feathers. You LIE down.

Lie - to recline (intransitive)
Past tense: lay
Past participle: lain

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
PEOPLE THAT THINK THEY'RE ALL THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS WHEN THEY'RE TYPING IN ALL CAPS. SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL MAN!?!

Grammar nazis on forums piss me the hell off. (not the OP, that is all legit stuff)

this. complaining about internet shorthand and bad English overall is one thing, but commas and capitalization and shit? really? you can't expect people on a forum to type like they're writing a damn MLA-style paper. maybe a world lit forum, but not here. nobody here is really going to take the time to worry about when a comma splice is appropriate.

also regarding jewelry, it's next to impossible for me to say it right so when i say it i say it like 'jury'. :/

insufferable pricks who think it is clever to use quips like "grind my gears" really fucking annoy me

edit: god damn it shade

I hate people who use bad grammar. It makes them sound stupid, and though I try not to, they always say something like "thanks, smart-ass" when I correct them. There's nothing wrong with using correct grammar, am I right? Like this:

Did you eat lunch? <-- It's funny because my English teacher asked me this.

What's wrong with this sentence? It should be "have you eaten lunch" because no specific time was specified.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Well, in the UK, we don't feel the need to remove letters from words and so "jewelry" is actually spelt "jewellery" and hence why it may be pronounced in such a way.
I honestly dont care about anything grammatical, but since this is the thread for anal retence, I thought I would point this out.

Have a nice day.

Did you eat lunch? <-- It's funny because my English teacher asked me this.

What's wrong with this sentence? It should be "have you eaten lunch" because no specific time was specified.
does something that specific really matter though? i never learned anything like that in high school, or in college for that matter.

The typical Brazilian population on Pokemon simulator servers?

How hasn't this been mentioned yet? Also everything Kinneas said minus the Polish people thing, I guess.

Just realized this a wonderful topic for 180th post.

Where our school is, you could say there a lot of "ghetto" people. It's just....
It gets on my nerves.

I mean seriously, our band teacher tells the 5 best players in our section that we need to act more than middle schoolers, and then some random girl is just like " Heya, Mrs. hitt, have ya seen my agenda"?

:/

Just gets on my nerves....

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
people who don't pronounce their Ts.

like, "button" is pronounced "buh-in"

yuck

edit: people who think random # posts are cool............

xD

DOUBLE EDIT TO THE POST BELOW:

hello sir would you like some cool HHHwHip

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I could care less. (obnoxious head turn)

I hate when people pronounce "white" and "while" as huite and huile, respectively. It's usually used by pretentious old men.

Axe =/= ask.
Guesstimate isn't a word.
Shop/chocoholic make no sense.
Daycation is probably the worst compound word ever written.
No one, knows how to use commas.
Tomorrow =/= TOMARROW... my god, people.
Overuse of elipses is pretentious.
Typing in all lowercase does not make you appear smart or alternative!
Catsup isn't real.
Putting a period or comma AFTER a closing quotation mark.
It's really annoying when people replace the word "asks" with "says," as in "Jodi says if you can get her lunch."

Oh my God, yes, NixHex.

I AM ADDICTED TO WORKAHOL.

Also, I got an e-mail from one of my teachers, and I had to point out multiple grammatical errors in the message. Pissed me off.

If anyone has anything against it, Texas people say "our" like "are".

Sometimes I find teacher emails a little annoying.

Also, someone who is just loud for the sake of being laughed at, or says something crude / obnoxious / out of context to get laughs (or again, to get laughed at).

American spelling in general is pointless and frustrating.

your/you're and there/their/they're is the most annoying thing I have ever seen and no matter how much you correct people they seem to still have the mental capacity to fuck it up. They all have very distinct meanings and it's not that difficult to learn that an apostrophe in these cases is a contraction etc.

Another one is comma abuse. Whether it be ten commas in a sentence, or even no space after a comma/before a comma, it just frustrates me.

I'm looking forward to completing third year syntax since that way I'll be able to pull out obscure grammar rules on people just to be a dick.
does something that specific really matter though? i never learned anything like that in high school, or in college for that matter.
Nobody gets taught grammar these days unless you have an awesome teacher because obviously grammar isn't important.

The problem with grammar is that every year except for this year (Grade 9), grammar is usually spread unevenly throughout the year and easily forgotten by the next year. Grammar exercises are absolutely horrendous and excruciating to complete, but it has to be done. I'm in the IB Program, so my English MYP I course requires that we have some grammar intake each day. Unfortunately, standard and honors courses don't work with grammar as much.

I've found that learning French in school is a major assistance in learning English grammar.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Everytime I hear someone mispronounce "Pokemon". Hate to say it, but even on the last Smog Cast almost all the commentators mispronounced it.

It's not Poke-uh-mahn (underlined are wrong)

"Po" as in "Poke"

"ke" as in "kept" (that's why it has the little symbol over it)

"mo" as in "Moe"

"n"

Also the biggest emphasis should be on the "ke" which has a rising tone, and the "mo" should be short and falling tone.

And that's not getting into the pronunciation of Japanese Pokemon names.

. . . scrath that, hearing English speakers pronounce Japanese-based words in general can be painful, even words like "tsunami" or "rickshaw".

Actually, I'm not that much of a douche-bag, and as someone who is still improving his own Japanese, I try not to be too critical of people who haven't studied the language in-depth. Mispronunciation doesn't piss me off in any way (it can't be helped after all) but that doesn't make it any less painful on my ears. :P

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh yeah, I also don't like these...

"I'd like a boof please"
"I want to aks you a question"

Also

CaptKirby said:
insufferable pricks who think it is clever to use quips like "grind my gears" really fucking annoy me
Hey! I'm not insufferable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)