The Venting Thread (trolls itt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
grammar nazis annoy me.

that being said, i fucking hate anyone who puts an apostrophe after the S when a word it plural.

"go get the plate's"

NO FUCK YOU ITS MULTIPLE PLATES. I AM NOT GETTING AN OBJECT THAT BELONGS TO A PLATE.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
When people whine on the internet about cultural differences in pronunciation. We aren't all American midwesterners.

I hate people who say they hate something and then proceed to demonstrate that they are exactly the type of person that they hate.

Also, I hate people who can't tell the difference between "its" and "it's". "Its" is possessive; "it's" is a contraction.

grammar nazis annoy me.

that being said, i fucking hate anyone who puts an apostrophe after the S when a word it plural.

"go get the plate's"

NO FUCK YOU IT'S MULTIPLE PLATES. I AM NOT GETTING AN OBJECT THAT BELONGS TO A PLATE.
fixed.

Oh my gosh! I HATE it when people make "I don't know, I think this is fine."
NO!!! NEVER USE A COMMA TO SEPARATE TWO INDEPENDENT CLAUSES!! You need either a period or a semicolon.
Why would people want to remember things precisely on the Internet?
I doubt that even half the members on this site know/remember what an independent clause is. Or a semicolon.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
I hate people who say they hate something and then proceed to demonstrate that they are exactly the type of person that they hate.

Also, I hate people who can't tell the difference between "its" and "it's". "Its" is possessive; "it's" is a contraction.

fixed.
your an annoying whore

Anyways. Fuck that s. The word is anyway.

People replacing the letter g with the letter q. The usual culprits are your stereotypical black people. For example: hmu niqqaz

I never said I hated the misuse of the word "it's." it's way less idiotic than people who use apostrophes on plural words.

I relax my rules for rage-induced capitals. obviously i wasn't in a stable state of mind, and therefore couldn't regulate my usage of "it's"

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Morm, should you and Lanturn ever procreate you'd better hope the kid gets your trolling genes because I am not impressed with her performance here. 3/10.

I use grammar in the internet so I can practice it. Although I can go a little loose on the IRC.

Stop with the Grammar Wars...

she started at 0 man, I'm working on her
Don't be jealous of us

Wow it looks like Lanturn started something. Metatroll

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Guesstimate, shopaholic, chocoholic, and catsup are all words.

Periods after quotation marks is a perfectly legitimate practice.

Typing in all lower case I think is mostly done to save effort.

Not pronouncing T's is hardly incorrect, that's just a person's accent.

Have a nice day.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I neva wen' undastan' why all dem hoales haff fo' speak da kine supa tigh'-ass English anyway. It wen' soun' funny kine, 'cause da bugga all hamajang. [/Hawaii Pidgin]

Guesstimate, shopaholic, chocoholic, and catsup are all words.

Periods after quotation marks is a perfectly legitimate practice.

Typing in all lower case I think is mostly done to save effort.

Not pronouncing T's is hardly incorrect, that's just a person's accent.

Have a nice day.
Seconded. Especially the T's part, I'm from Utah and as far as I can tell, most people sound like that. (moun-n, - mountain) I don't consider myself speaking incorrectly and in fact, there is no correct way to speak. Of course, there are wrong ways to say things... which is different. Also, people pronounce white "hwite" if they're speaking Standard American. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
One day I had a special class where I taught my Japanese students Hawaii Pidgin.

Fist, no plural form, just tell the number of items by the number. Also, no "A dog" it's "one dog." So, it becomes "One dog, two dog, tree dog, foah dog." (yes those spellings for "three" and four" are correct).

Then, no past tense words, just attach "Went" to the front, except drop the "t" from went because it's difficult to pronounce. So, "wen tink (think), wen do, wen go, wen try." Also, you don't "to" a verb, you "for" (dropping the r) a verb. So, "I wen' try fo' undastan" (I tried to understand).

So I wrote on the board: "Three cats climbed a tree."

I was so proud when they properly changed it to: "Tree cat wen' climb one tree."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)