The Venting Thread (trolls itt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
It's even funnier when people mispronounced Chinese last names like "Ching" or "Lee"
Oh, so that's why everybody assumed I was Asian the first few months I was here!

It annoys me when drunken people drastically exaggerate about how much they've had to drink and run off some bullshit list of alcohol that would probably have put Hercules in hospital. If anybody had actually had so much alcohol, there's no way they'd be able to remember it so well and be able to list it so smugly. I just don't understand why they feel the need.

I fucking hate two-faced/fake people. I like to be straight up with people and it makes me sick to here everyone talk about eachother behind their backs. Especially when I trust the people or they talk crap about my friends. I know the opposite extreme isn't practical/acceptable either ( imagine if you wanted to bone some girl and you had to just say it straight up :P) but seriously, some people need to get some class

Oh, speaking of names, many teachers/students in Jordan (studying there) call me Sellayman, which is a different name from Salman, my actual name.

I just hate it when some people think they're better than everyone else/look down at you.

It bugs me a lot when people do something nice for me, and expect something in return. I mean if you're doing something nice for me, do it for the sake of making me feel happy/you feel happy, NOT WAIT FOR SOMETHING IN RETURN.

I also hate people who just seem to have no other thing than annoy me. An example of "my expression" to this, go see the weapons thread (if you're too lazy to look, I stabbed someone with a pen in his arm after 3 years of bullying).

I have others, but those that are on my head right now.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh, so that's why everybody assumed I was Asian the first few months I was here!

It annoys me when drunken people drastically exaggerate about how much they've had to drink and run off some bullshit list of alcohol that would probably have put Hercules in hospital. If anybody had actually had so much alcohol, there's no way they'd be able to remember it so well and be able to list it so smugly. I just don't understand why they feel the need.
YES! I totally agree here. My theory is that the more a person talks about it, the less drunk they really are. I can't stand when people are like "I drank a fifth of vodka in 30 minutes" when I know perfectly well your liver would probably shut down from that. It's like getting grossly hammered is some sort of accomplishment to be proud of, despite the fact that you make a total ass of yourself.

That reminds me of another thing I hate - people doing stupid, impulsive things and then blaming them on "being drunk". I've been about as drunk as you can get, and I still had the willpower and mind function to not cheat on my girlfriend/other stupid crap. Being drunk is not an excuse, nor an alibi, for bad behavior, sorry.

It's not as silly as when people mispronounce "Chou". I mean, it's pronounced exactly how it looks (Ch-oh), but people over-think it just because it's not western and spit out something weird sometimes. It's even funnier when people mispronounced Chinese last names like "Ching" or "Lee"
Speaking of names, every one pronounces my last name terrible, though there are SOME people who do, who I greatly appreciate. It's sho-met, people, not sho-me-tee. Also, when people want to write my name and they think it starts with a completely different letter, that kinda gets my goat.

My last name is four fucking letters. FOUR. It rhymes with MIKE. It LOOKS like MIKE. But with an upside down M. Yet people pronounce it as though it is spelled like my username.

If I'm LUCKY. More likely it'll be White, Wilk, Wilkie, Wick, or Wickie.

EDIT: My username should be pronounced to rhyme with Mikey, btw...

Lee & WBomb -

My mate is a regular at that, we'll sit there and watch him at the pre-drinks, and then when we actually get to the club/pub he'll always rant off some bullshit list. I can also be guilty of it now and then but I never exaggerate to the extreme. Best way to tell with me if I say that I have been drinking other things than Jager, then that's me lying.

In regards to being drunk and doing stupid things. I do that all the time when I am drunk, I'm not saying that i'd go and cheat on my fake girlfriend, cos I'm not that type of guy. However I am routinely doing idiotic things when I am drunk. The only reason I am doing it when I am drunk, is because when I am drunk I have less inhibitions but the feelings/actions are pre-determind whether it be me running down Nottingham City Centre offering Police Officers hugs, Flashing my Moobs at ladies my mates are trying to chat up and the worst of all sleeping with a close female friend of mine.

If I wasn't drunk I wouldn't have done those things. However the Drink isn't the main thing to blame, but it did contribute to the events.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Oh, speaking of names, many teachers/students in Jordan (studying there) call me Sellayman, which is a different name from Salman, my actual name.
ahaha, this is great

i went to high school with a guy named Salman, and he had so many nicknames

salami

sallam

soul man

whenever he missed class the entire class would joke, even the teacher, about him skipping it for ramadan or something. good times.

It annoys me when drunken people drastically exaggerate about how much they've had to drink and run off some bullshit list of alcohol that would probably have put Hercules in hospital.
is that kinda like when you put an empty bottle of newcastle in a picture to appear as if they can handle drinking?

I hate when asians mispronounce "Lee". It is "Lee", not "Ree".

Fishy you are a bigot

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
JT's got it right I think. "Chou" as in "Choke" (but the "o" held longer) "To" as in "toast", "shi" as in "sheet" and "o" as in "oh"

is that kinda like when you put an empty bottle of newcastle in a picture to appear as if they can handle drinking?

I hate when asians mispronounce "Lee". It is "Lee", not "Ree".

Fishy you are a bigot
I think that would be Japanese only. Chinese have the exact same last name (and no issues with "L"s) as one of the most common last names (except there's a tone on it).

That reminds me, it's annoying when people mix up Asians. Like in Avenue Q, the only thing Japanese about Christmast Eve is her accent, when otherwise she's a perfect Chinese stereotype (thouth I'm pretty sure they did this intentionally).

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
JT's got it right I think. "Chou" as in "Choke" (but the "o" held longer) "To" as in "toast", "shi" as in "sheet" and "o" as in "oh"
Yay! ^_^

Also, my mum annoys me when she says croissant. It's cruh sont right? Oh no. Not at all. To my mum, it's a "croy zont"

Croy zont. Croissant. GAAAAGH.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think the best way to describe it is that in Japanese, most of the time, the letter "u" is silent. Think of it this way - when you play Street Fighter, and Ryu uses his Hadouken, how does it sound? Same goes for Chou.

As for my last name, it's Richardson so I rarely have any mispronunciation issues. People misspell it sometimes though, which I find more amusing than annoying.

Econ - Yes, you actually further illustrated my point. The impulse to perform a certain action is there regardless of our BAC, it's just that drinking lowers our desire to suppress that impulse. I just hate how some people simply brush it off like the alcohol directly caused the impulse to enter their brain and further caused them to go through with it. I just don't buy it.

My name is Xavier, I have had it spelled in so many ways. Zaffer and Zavir are examples. Also people always say Eggs-avier or put weight on the X. I just tell people it has a silent Q to avoid confusion.

Fuck it isn't even that hard.

ahaha, this is great

i went to high school with a guy named Salman, and he had so many nicknames

salami

sallam

soul man

whenever he missed class the entire class would joke, even the teacher, about him skipping it for ramadan or something. good times.
Yeah I kinda can relate to similar names.
and soul man hahahah

p.s except for KSA, in middle east we don't have holiday(s) for Ramadan (it's a month after all)

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
my last name is McDonald. too popular to screw that up. although some people sometimes say "Mack-donald" when clearly it is not spelled with the a at the beginning.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I would say 'McDonald' if it was a surname, but 'MackDonalds' if I was referencing the fast food chain. Dunno why...

On the perfectly boring subject of names, I get a little annoyed that people have spelt my surname wrong since forever. That would be understandable to some, but my surname is only three letters long. I suppose it's worth it for having a full name consisting of only six letters...I must have saved a boatload of time over the years filling in forms and whatnot.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The amount of people who manage to spell my username wrong while on IRC or in PO chat still manages to amaze me. I mean, it's right there on screen. You're talking to me. It's 7 letters long. How can you spell it wrong?

Kinnas
Kinness
Kineas
Kinnays
lucario dude: hey kinias you uk?
BIG GIRLS DONT CRY: yeah kinias
Kinneas: yes I am uk
BIG GIRLS DONT CRY: lucario dude
lucario dude: finals right XD
Kinneas: yes
lucario dude: your the won who won right?
Kinneas: no I am the one who got crit in the final
BIG GIRLS DONT CRY: but is still cute
Kinneas: very cute
BIG GIRLS DONT CRY: lucario please answer my question
BIG GIRLS DONT CRY: wanna come to burmunghum with me
lucario dude: oh yeh its happens with the dragon types
lucario dude: lol im the best you say that alot on camera XD
BIG GIRLS DONT CRY: why are you ignoring me
Kinneas: I actually did say that on camera bcos I dgf
lucario dude: soz its the 2nd place uk finalis watching
Kinneas: I was like, right I’m on BBC playing pokemon time to look good for all the ladies watching “I am the best”
lucario dude: i keep watching that high light vid too lol
lucario dude: kinias your cool
Kinneas: thank you
lucario dude: well you look tough and that omg your here XD
lucario dude: im getting shaky now XD
lucario dude: im like omg

I don't mind people mispronouncing it irl because I'm not even sure if I pronounce it correctly, but when it's right there in front of you while you're having a conversation with me... fucking hell.

People who pronounce the days of the week; sunday, monday, tuesday, et cetera, as sundy, mundy, tuesdy.

Or instead of saying advertisement they say advertisment.

Or pronouncing mature as mat-oor instead of ma-choor. Although according to dictionary.com both ways are correct.

People who pronounce the days of the week; sunday, monday, tuesday, et cetera, as sundy, mundy, tuesdy.

Or instead of saying advertisement they say advertisment.

Or pronouncing mature as mat-oor instead of ma-choor. Although according to dictionary.com both ways are correct.
Oh my god, YES

Also, when people pronounce water as wooter, roof as ruff, room as rum, etc.

Southern accents in general also piss me off. I probably shouldn't be so judgmental, but I can't help it :/

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Well thems of us who've played FFVIII know it's Kinneas, as in Irvine Kinneas the sharpshooter and notorious ladies' man!

@Lanturn - oh you're going to love me then when the NYC meetup happens. I lived in VA for 17 years before I moved to Jersey last year, so you'll hear me say "y'all" alot. I don't have a twang or anything, but every once in a while I say a word or two that sound southern.

"I could care less."

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY
Watch this. Just do it.

And not to be completely off-topic:

What I truly hate is when people write in dialects. No, I don't mean like "ur", "r", etc. I miin tat u wrait laik u spiik. Gladly, I haven't seen it in English yet, but god damnit it was annoying when there was this fad a few years back in my school to write like that. Felt like you tried to read another language entirely.

And people who change their opinion depending on people around them. I know this one guy, and he would change his opinion based solely on who he was hanging around with. For example, when he was with someone who playes WoW, he was all like "Yeah, WoW is cool!" When one of the "cool" kids (Who obviously hates WoW) strolls around there, he IMMEDIATELY changed his opinion to what the "cool" kid's was. Ugh.

Also, people who dismiss something based solely on what other people say. Plenty of people I've spoken or seen are against WoW (yeah, I use it again. Suck it.), and when I happen to ask them "Have you tried it?" Guess the answer? "No..." Yeah. At least give something a try before you dismiss it, be it a game, a movie, whatever (unless you are a programmed robot/tool).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)