The Venting Thread (trolls itt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last name is Neil and when I tell people they always attempt to write it down as O'Neill first, if not they'll write it down as Neal. Also seeing how my First Name can also be considered a surname and my surname a first name. People like to switch them around too.

o HAI Kynias.

In regards to FF and some other games there's been many arguements in regards to how to pronounce the names of the characters and Summons/Eidolons/Aeons.

These arguements mainly focus on how to pronounce the Summons such as Ifrit, Quetzalcoatl, Ramuh, Bahamut e.t.c.

Well Ifrit and Bahamut were mentioned in FFXII so there's not really any debate there anymore. I always pronounced Quetzalcoatl as kwets-a-cottle. I've never had a clue how to pronounce Ramuh.

Whenever I say 'striped' I say it with two syllables (stri-ped) and some of my friends think it's weird for some reason.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am about 90% sure that quetzacoatl is pronounced "ket-sa-co-ott-ul". It may sound different when spoken in its indigenous language, though.

Always pronounced it "KETZ-el-coat-ul" but whatever.

Also lol at your last name being Neil. I always thought that was the most normal way to spell it. Not sure why.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I was on my way home today from work, and traffic was slow as usual (doesn't bother me). There's a merge lane on my right with a line of cars, so to be polite I leave a space to let one guy in. He goes, but the douche behind him feels it necessary to cram himself up the other guy's ass so he can muscle his way in too.

IF I HAD WANTED TO LET YOU IN I WOULD HAVE LEFT ENOUGH SPACE FOR TWO CARS YOU COCK.

Every day on my way home for work I take Route 1. There is a part of Route 1 where right after an intersection there are four lanes because of merge lanes and what not. Both of the far right lanes end and it goes down to two lanes. Everyone who drives that stretch of road is a local and knows those two lanes end. But they don't merge. They just ride in the two lanes until they end and just hope someone lets them in at the last second. It pisses me the FUCK OFF. I can't fucking stand it. I'm waiting for the day I blow someone away because they try and cut in at the last second and I'm right there in my beater and I don't let them in. Use your turn signal and merge like an adult who knows how to drive. Don't ride in the fucking lane you know is fucking ending fuck.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Every day on my way home for work I take Route 1. There is a part of Route 1 where right after an intersection there are four lanes because of merge lanes and what not. Both of the far right lanes end and it goes down to two lanes. Everyone who drives that stretch of road is a local and knows those two lanes end. But they don't merge. They just ride in the two lanes until they end and just hope someone lets them in at the last second. It pisses me the FUCK OFF. I can't fucking stand it. I'm waiting for the day I blow someone away because they try and cut in at the last second and I'm right there in my beater and I don't let them in. Use your turn signal and merge like an adult who knows how to drive. Don't ride in the fucking lane you know is fucking ending fuck.
I hate this too

So I was on my way home today from work, and traffic was slow as usual (doesn't bother me). There's a merge lane on my right with a line of cars, so to be polite I leave a space to let one guy in. He goes, but the douche behind him feels it necessary to cram himself up the other guy's ass so he can muscle his way in too.

IF I HAD WANTED TO LET YOU IN I WOULD HAVE LEFT ENOUGH SPACE FOR TWO CARS YOU COCK.
This pissed me off and I wasn't even there.

Once I was driving in my shitty hand-me-down car, and there was a bus in front of me and some d-bag in the lane to my left.

There were train tracks ahead so I knew the bus was going to stop and sped up to make sure I was nice and far ahead of the guy in the left lane, out of effing courtesy to make sure I didn't make him brake when I switched lanes. When I was a good forty or fifty feet in front of him, I put on my turn signal to switch lanes.
I swear to god he pushed his pedal to the medal and spanned the gap between us at like 90, JUST to make sure I couldn't switch lanes. Because of that I had to slam my brakes and almost demolished my car and myself into the back of the bus (which had stopped at the tracks, obv) because I was speeding to make sure that DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Now granted, this was a completely retarded driving-to-school-early bit of broken-driving-logic on my part, but really? Like, would it have just made that guy's day if I'd died? I understood dbags before him, but never dbags that legitimately wanted someone to be maimed.

To this day it blows my mind.

i hate how societal expectations look at things like drugs and alcohol as "bad." i mean if something opens up your mind in a whole new way and if that's how you want to live your life, then why the fuck should people look down on that?

I hate it when something stays stacked for me at work while I'm watching it then I turn my back for a couple seconds and the stacks falls. Happened to me at work last night. I also hate it when I accidentally cut my hand with my boxcutter at work.

i am pissed off at Serebii forums rules. Im pissed most at their no name change rule. God, i just want one little username change but no you have to be special, you have to be staff.God why do forum staff get everything(no offense to any staff here). Is it too much to ask to have one username everywhere? I really dont think so.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i hate how societal expectations look at things like drugs and alcohol as "bad." i mean if something opens up your mind in a whole new way and if that's how you want to live your life, then why the fuck should people look down on that?
Society, by design, must be able to perpetuate itself, a key part of which is protecting/perpetuating the human life-cycle, family structure, and then the societal structure (of said society) at large. Even if there are individuals who can responsibly monitor themselves or live their lives without affecting the larger society, the greater number of humanity's idiots can't. In other words, drugs are highly detrimental to the above goals of society no matter how you look at it. Of course society would structure itself with strong anti-drug sentiment.

I am not personally saying I look don't on you, I'm just answering your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)