The Walking Dead Thread - Spoilers ITT

I don't know how many others are big fans of TWD, by I most certainly am. The walking dead is a popular series about a post apocalyptic world with zombies. Rather than most zombie pop culture stuff, the shows isn't killing mobs after mobs of zombies. It ratter focuses on the survivors and the conflicts they have with themselves. All while having the zombies adding extra danger. It has been adapted to an awesome TV series on AMC and the season 3 premiere is on tonight. Which I am very excited about.

So is anyone else a big fan of the series whether it's in the comics, shows, or the video games? I would love to find more fans of the Walking Dead!

I was hoping someone would make a thread. (I didn't want to)

Anyways I'm super pumped for tonight. TWD is one of my favorite shows right now and I'm looking forward to an awesome S3 start. I found S2 to be sub-par compared to S1, but it still had it's fair share or awesome moments.

I've never read the comics so I'd appreciate it if people could throw in spoiler tags for comic stuff? I'd rather not know anything I shouldn't with the show continuing.

#killcarl

Seriously he needs to die already. BUT IF HE DIES IN THE COMICS DON'T SPOIL IT

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Nah faint, Carl is about to become a great character, iirc it was confirmed he would become badass in the show. I wouldn't mind wasting Lori since she has been pretty awful the entire time. I'm expecting Rick, Darrel, Michone(idk how to spell her name, blackswordswoman) and Carl to all be great this season.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ive been watching the walking dead marathon for the last 2 days. Best days of my life. Also fuck carl.

agreeing with faint on the spoilers.

Carl is a (BAN ME PLEASE). Shane is an asshole but that's taken care of. Andrea is a piece of shit. Daryl and Glenn are total bosses. Maggie is a babe. T-Dog is black. I miss Morgan and Dale.

Very excited for the new season. I don't read the graphic novels but I know a bunch of people who do, the TV series will suffice for me

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is honestly the only show I've kept up with for more than 2 seasons. The second season was a bit bland with them just being on the farm, but I can't wait for them to clear out the prison. I also heard that Darrell and Rick are going to be really close this season, so I can't wait for that as well.

Just watched it. Pretty good start to the season. Was hoping for more. We didn't really get to see anything we didn't know from the comic/teasers.

Spoiler
Lol no chance in hell they would be able to save Hershel from getting terrible infections after a leg amputation. (not the zombie kind of infection, the normal kind that kills you, then he will turn into a walker after succumbing to shock). Also did anyone think that Rick may have gotten cut during the external prison clearing? He looked at his hand for a bit and the camera kind of zoomed in.

Spoiler
Lol no chance in hell they would be able to save Hershel from getting terrible infections after a leg amputation. (not the zombie kind of infection, the normal kind that kills you, then he will turn into a walker after succumbing to shock). Also did anyone think that Rick may have gotten cut during the external prison clearing? He looked at his hand for a bit and the camera kind of zoomed in.
I'm betting the inmates have some antibiotics or something that saves him. I couldn't tell......

OMG Hershel looks like Santa Claus! :D I want to sit on his lap and tell him what I want for Christmas!!!

Spoiler
Haha yeah you might be right about that, but they're basically working with civil war level sanitary conditions outside of that. That being said, they should have brought the M16s and other guns while clearing the darkness, not just a pistol. Also i got a major kick out of Maggie, a British actress, singing in a Southern accent.

I thought last nights episode was pretty good. Especially liked the first scene, not a single word was said by I fond it incredibly symbolic. One of my predictions for this season was that Hershel was owing to die early on when they take the prison. I guess I am half right. Next weeks episode looks interesting. I have a feeling all the prisoners will be more trouble than they are worth. Though considering Rick's group they are lack man power. So maybe they will get some of the convicts in there ranks.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Spoiler
Actually, something similar happened to Dale in the comic book. He gets bit by one laying around, they chop his leg off and he lives. Of course, Dale has already been killed in the show, so Hershal is a good old man replacement. The whole scene really makes me wonder how Hershal will feel about getting "saved," because he really doesn't have much to live for.

Huge fan of TWD. I had a mini party for the premier, it was totally great. Carl is no longer a little bitch, which is always good. Pretty excited for next week.

Saw last night episode and it was pretty awesome!I really love how this shows had the perfect combination of character development and action. It really shows Rick's ever changing humanity and what he will do.

I laughed pretty hard when the prisoners first started fighting the walkers. it was really funny how they were doing all these thug/prison/street tatics on the zombies. I think one of he funniest moments in he series.

Pretty glad Hershel lived I was really certain (but not hoping) before the start of his season he was going to die in the taking of the prison.

The only part I was uncertain about was what was watching carol while she was dissecting the walker? I thought it might be a scout from Woodbury.

Anyways what did you guys think o the show last night? Net week show also looks awesome. Finally going to introduce the governor and bring merele back!

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hope Lori's fear that her baby will turn and crawl out of her uterus comes to pass. Hate her. Apart from Maggie there are like zero likable women on this show. Oh, Michonne too. I just hope there's no weird love angle between her and Andrea.

I don't think I am the only one noticing it but they ate kind of building some love/crush story between Carl and Betsy( Hershel's younger daughter). In the comics thy actually did this with him and Sophie. Obviously now they cant do that now.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i talked to faint on irc about how they are going to fuck but they are like 6-8 years apart?????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)