The Walking Dead Thread - Spoilers ITT

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
please do not discuss what the preview for next episode showed for those of us who deliberately ignore, I don't want to fucking know what happens next week that's the whole fucking point of watching Sunday nights

It was an awesome episode. Any points anyone wants to discuss? Am I the only one who kind of see that Rick and the Governor are are similar?

At first my friends and I kept on getting pissed at the Jamaican chick because she's just so untrusting and wasn't being thankful for an obviously helpful and great caretaker. I'd say, even knowing that the governor is a freako, she should still be happy and thankful for what they're doing.

I also thought it would be awesome if they turned Merle's character around and made him a "good guy" who had changed over the previous year, but that's obviously not the case.

Any clues as to why all those heads were in fish tanks at the end of the episode? Is there something I'm missing, or is he just batshit crazy?

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have this weird theory where he is a serial killer and the heads are his victims. He won't tell anyone his name because then they will recognize the name from the news.

those heads were not walker heads right? I heard someone say that they were.

I have this weird theory where he is a serial killer and the heads are his victims. He won't tell anyone his name because then they will recognize the name from the news.

those heads were not walker heads right? I heard someone say that they were.
One of the heads shown was the Survivor of the Helicopter Crash, who told the Governor the whereabouts of the remaining Army Group.

Thus the most logical conclusion is that the heads where of those who were captured/saved in the past by the Governor

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
He also had the heads of Michonne's two walker pals. The dude is either batshit crazy or a cold, calculating bastard. I'd guess a mix.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
One of the heads shown was the Survivor of the Helicopter Crash, who told the Governor the whereabouts of the remaining Army Group.

Thus the most logical conclusion is that the heads where of those who were captured/saved in the past by the Governor
he could have killed the guy because hes a serial killer.

He also had the heads of Michonne's two walker pals. The dude is either batshit crazy or a cold, calculating bastard. I'd guess a mix.
I didn't see that. Kinda interesting.

i really hope they dont flip flop from episode to episode the stories like 1 ep is Rick then 1 the gov. I'd like to see a mix.

Does anyone think hes only allowing women to enter his town? He had no reason to kill the helicopter pilot besides keeping the population of men lower.

If the governor finds rick and everyone, do you think he will let them in or kill them? If you let them in you get 4 girls and 2 kids. You need to keep the population growing.

I dunno, would you let a group of military people into the town you rebuilt? They are more likely to stage a coup and take over if things don't go the way they think they should.

macle

sup geodudes
thats why i agree with killing those military guys but one guy isnt going to do shit.

unless you are talking about ricks group...

Yeh, but that one guy would inevitably ask questions like wanting to be able to see the bodies and bury them.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
My roommate was legitimately pissed that he killed the soldiers, but that's how I rationalized it too. Kill them off, take the supplies, and remain top dog rather than losing grip on the community. Makes sense from that perspective.

Exactly, you don't want trained guys with big guns taking on your self taught guys with slightly smaller guns.

Does anyone think hes only allowing women to enter his town? He had no reason to kill the helicopter pilot besides keeping the population of men lower.
I also thinking this too. When Merle and who ever he was talking to on the radio was bringing Andrea and Michonne back, didn't the other person sounded excited or surprised that they were women? I also think they killed the soldiers to keep the population in general. They're probably running out of room since they are confined to that town.

Then we come the heads in the jars. The way he has them display, they're like his trophies or reminders, but I don't think there trophies. Why would he put the heads of Michonne's Walkers with them? A serial killer would showcase his work, not anyone's else, so they're reminders, but reminders of what? Well I think it's the virus since I'm pretty sure that was his family in the picture and they probably became zombies. Though why did he have the soldier's head on the shelf, well I think it was because he's a soldier. (Theory time) Even though it's cliche and overused, the government probably cause the virus.(I can't remember if the end of S1 said how the virus started, I read a summary and didn't see it so...) And I think Gov found out somewhere, so he doesn't like army, that's why he keeps the soldiers head as a reminder, and that's why killed all those soldiers. He hates the army for causing the virus. It would also be really cool since his nickname "Governor" would symbolic and ironic.

Oh and I also think Michonne's Walkers were her parents or at least her relatives.

Ok, I've got a theory about the Governor. I think that tea is some sort of poison. He made a reference about how he needs the nerdy guy for his tea. He says he'll let the girls go after a few days, but kills those soldiers to protect his town. Now letting someone walk away with knowledge of where your settlement is doesn't sound like a great idea if you're trying to keep armed strangers away. I'm betting you need to drink that shit every day or you die. Just some food for thought

Do you want me to spoil the comic for you diverman?
Nah I'll just wait and find out, I already accidentally spoiled myself with something while looking up info. >_> I usually don't get worked with these things, but I'm really into this show.

@Wikey: That's why I shouldn't post things at 4 am. lol Yeah I don't know what I was thinking.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
my theory: he saves the heads of *important* people to the development of woodbury in order to be able to revive them once they work out a cure if there is any. (inspired by how interested milton is about remnants of the zombie being deep inside of them)

so far so good, awesome season, cant wait for the next few episodes.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Ok, I've got a theory about the Governor. I think that tea is some sort of poison. He made a reference about how he needs the nerdy guy for his tea. He says he'll let the girls go after a few days, but kills those soldiers to protect his town. Now letting someone walk away with knowledge of where your settlement is doesn't sound like a great idea if you're trying to keep armed strangers away. I'm betting you need to drink that shit every day or you die. Just some food for thought
This would work if the Governor and scientist didn't drink the tea given to Andrea and Michonne. Maybe poison tea later but not now. I really just saw the whole tea thing as "this dude makes some good tea" but being some kind of scientist there must be SOMETHING to it.

Anyway, I'm enjoying the season so far but I can't wait for Michonne slicing shit up. The season finale(or mid-season break if they do that again) better be full of it.

Don't want to spoil anything about the tea but we kind of know what it's about if you watch the talking dead. I will put it in a spoiler but its nothing that important.

The tea is basically just a inside joke between the writers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)