The Walking Dead Thread - Spoilers ITT

In the Talking Dead, the director confirmed the bloated zombie in the room was eating Lori, and had bits of her hair stuck in his mouth and fingernails.

Looks like Carol is coming back, which is a relief. They all think she's dead, and it's always nice to have someone not be dead.
Then where's the fucking bones and skull? Zombies don't drag shit away. They eat it where it falls.

He's either a lying ass bastard or they fucked up.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, something about that whole thing doesn't sit right with me. Zombies don't eat bones, and the lack of those was the first thing I noticed.

I dunno. I bet those phones are for intra-prison use. Maybe there are more survivors in the prison? Maybe they're the ones that dragged Lori away? Or maybe Carol happened upon Lori's corpse and dragged it out of harm's way. Many possibilities.

Also, am I the only one annoyed by Michonne and not sorry to see her go? Goddamn, what a bland character.

So how about last episode? Awesome that Michonne finally met up with Rick's group. Looks interesting next episode at Woodbury, they have Glen and Maggie to interrogate. This was a pretty good episode, but I guess it's main purpose was building up to the half season finale.

What did you guys think?

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I'm really glad Daryl found Carol and that Michonne met up with Rick.

And if it's gonna be a half-season finale, it's gonna be the "Breaking Dead"

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
It was nice to get a glimpse of Amy and the dead crew once more, but honestly there was no need for Rick's entire presence in the episode to be him sitting in that room waiting for phone calls, especially when it turns out that he's just crazy over losing Lori.

This may have been me hearing things wrong, but I'm pretty sure Merle's story that he told to the Governor was inconsistent? It seemed to me like at first he told him that Michonne chopped the other three down, but then later he said that Tim and Crowley had her head and sword but then were ambushed? Maybe he was just talking about Neil when he mentioned them getting cut down, but maybe the stories were inconsistent and something will happen between Merle and the Governor next episode?

I'm assuming it'll be kept from Andrea as long as possible that Glenn and Maggie are here, as everything is pretty clearly not as it seems in Woodbury. That kinda bothers me, considering what it might change. Stuff for the mid-season finale, I guess?

Anyone have any thoughts on how long Baby Grimes will stay around? I can't imagine having a baby would be a boon for a group that needs to be as quiet as possible, especially if the prison gets found by the Governor via Glenn and Maggie. Plus, I guess it might drive Rick to do something ludicrous.

EDIT: @Danmire, there's one more episode next week, and then after that it's the mid-season finale.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Anyone have any thoughts on how long Baby Grimes will stay around? I can't imagine having a baby would be a boon for a group that needs to be as quiet as possible, especially if the prison gets found by the Governor via Glenn and Maggie. Plus, I guess it might drive Rick to do something ludicrous.
Killing the baby is much more than a something logistical. It's not just something the writers can do because life on the road is more convient without a baby, and the baby's chances aren't great. If the writers kill the baby, it's symbolic. The baby is hope, new beginnings. The old world had to die (Lori), but the new world survived with the baby. If the baby dies, it is a very deliberate message.

but honestly there was no need for Rick's entire presence in the episode to be him sitting in that room waiting for phone calls, especially when it turns out that he's just crazy over losing Lori.
Let's be glad they resolved it in one episode, yeah?

mkizzy

formerly kenny
all i know is that rick needs a damn haircut

but i also felt that this episode had more "content" then the previous ones

I just caught up on every episode of this season except the 1st one because I don't get AMC at school. But HOLY SHIT. This season got kind of crazy and is about to get insane. I really hope the moustached prisoner makes himself useful soon because after finally getting rid of the most useless character in the show (T-Dawg) we get a new useless character moping around the sidelines. The black girl who I can never remember the name of is a total badass and the Governor is an asshole. The whole Governor town reminds me of Andale from Fallout 3 and there was obviously something wrong with the town from the start. Glen and the black girl are far and away my favorite character so I'll be pissed if anything happens to them in the coming episodes. Unfortunately I will miss tomorrow's epsiode and the one after that because I go back to school tomorrow but this season is very interesting so far and I look forward to the next episodes

Axel is actually also from the comic books. He is one of my favorites characters mainly do to his comedic way he talks, you follow me? I have a feeling the shows mid finale will be a pretty good thing and will only heat stuff up more for the second half of the season. I just don't know how many more characters they can kill off, it's seems they killed so many already. Now I wonder also is how they might add more characters. I don't know if its just me but Rick's group is pretty low on manpower. Maybe with Michonne coming that can make the group decent in respects to manpower.

Don't mean to bump this, but didn't anyone see last episode? It was amazing. Hard to believe next week will be the midseason finale!

I was wondering where this thread went.

Last episode was definitely fun. One coming up will be intense as hell. Woo.

I'm on netflix and have been watching season 1 and 2 on the side, for the 3-4th time. Just good stuff.

Andrea needs to just die or something, tired of that bitch.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, but goddamn she's got a nice body.

Huge buildup to the next ep. Cannot WAIT. Definitely expecting a body count, though. My guess is either Andrea or Daryl kill Merle.

Yeah, but goddamn she's got a nice body.

Huge buildup to the next ep. Cannot WAIT. Definitely expecting a body count, though. My guess is either Andrea or Daryl kill Merle.
Hoping Daryl kills Merle. Seems like the show has been hinting about it.

Also as much as I would love to see Maggie naked, that whole series was fucked. :/ Glenn went hard though.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
Yeah man, Glenn is a BOSS.

Also, I was really worried where that scene was going, considering what the Governor did to (Michonne I think?) in the comic. Yikes.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was watching that episode trying to introduce a friend to the series. In hindsight wasn't the best idea I think?

Glenn taking down that walker after hours of torture and being strapped to a chair was the highlight of the entire series for me.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Nah, we all knew Shane was dying. His "woe is me rick is back boohoo lori" shtick was super old by the end of s2 and killing him was more of a relief than anything exciting.

Glenn developing his character further and officially taking the mantle of badass was much more satisfying.

Risking your life to scout / get supplies is step 1...killing walkers step 2. Killing walkers after hours of torture and while being bound is official badass status.

I hope they never kill off Daryl or Glenn...

Glen always makes runs for supplies. That's nothing new. How about having a 2(guns already aimed) vs 1(gun behind back) and losing anyway? Not impressive.

By your logic, I'm pretty sure we all knew Glen was going to kill that zombie and not die.

I don't understand how doing everything he can to stay alive is developing his character. He has already been doing that the entire time..

Here is Glen's character since the first episode:
-Glen being too timid against humans (Remember last season when Glen couldn't pull the trigger and Rick had to kick ass).
-Glen making supply runs
-Glen killing zombies

What has changed?

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
There's a difference between killing a zombie when armed and what could be considered a "normal" situation for Glenn and killing a zombie when your arms are duck-taped to a chair and the only reason he could even fight was because he kicked himself backwards off the zombie. It's not so much a "oh look Glenn can still fight" as it is a "oh look, Glenn has actually learned how to survive in this world, look at him do it right now."

That said, I hated Shane with most of every fiber of my being, so I do think his death is the most gratifying thing the show has done. Glenn's scene was, indeed, awesome though, and I don't think further discussion will merit a different response from most viewers.

Back on a topic mentioned further up, I do think the Daryl/Merle conflict is going to come to head quite soon, and will likely end in the deaths of one or even both of them, though I do hope Daryl survives a lot longer.

Having read the comics, there are so many possible things that could happen next episode that are just so very controversial. I'm really excited about the next one, but really worried about the direction some of the events may pan out in.

The zombies keep varying in intensity. Sometimes I'm like..no way will he/she survive this..and others its like..these fuckers are a breeze.

I also agree with Ald. If either of those two get killed off..I'll be super pissed and lose a lot of interest I believe.

Single zombie in tight, enclosed setting and multiple zombies coming from multiple directions are high intensity.

One or two zombies out in the open? Low intensity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)