The Walking Dead Thread - Spoilers ITT

Mid-season finale. Need I say more?

A cool episode I guess but could have been much better IMO.
Pretty action packed.

Thoughts? So glad we got the some cool stuff that happened. Sucks we have we to wait till February.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Lots of action, thought it was too transparent and obvious that the least important member (Oscar) would get taken down. Andrea sucks at life. I'm guessing they make Daryl and Merle fight to the death in February and Daryl wins.

I was disappointed in the prison side of the episode. They got the new people in, woman died, okay, things are going well... and then it just stopped. He didn't take the hammer to her head, Carl just locked them in and then... nothing. I understand leaving dangling threads, but that just felt plain unfinished.

I want Daryl not fuck up and destroy his brother but the preview showed
Glen raging that they brought someone to the prison, most likely Merle.

I don't understand why the Governor loves killing random survivors ... He's just bad for no reason ... there's no way he see's everyone as a threat right?

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I want Daryl not fuck up and destroy his brother but the preview showed
Glen raging that they brought someone to the prison, most likely Merle.

I don't understand why the Governor loves killing random survivors ... He's just bad for no reason ... there's no way he see's everyone as a threat right?
Except we see Daryl running through the forest so it's most likely they both survived. Judging by the first part, it seems there was a smoke bomb and most likely both of them got out (to the chagrin of Glen)

Good episode, don't really want to get all in-depth about it though.

Here are some more technical things we will know about the next half.
-Second half of season 3 will start on Feburary 10th
-The talking dead will be an hour long now.
- Second half will also have a 8 episodes
-Most likely the prison arc will last till season 4

It shows Daryl escaping and most likely bringing Merle wih him. In the comics something simlar happens but it turns out to be a spy. Though the governor seems to be legitimately pissed at Merle.
A preview for the next episode shows that one guy from Tyreese's groups proposing to take out Carol and Carl then taking it for themselves. However most of all the people dismiss that.

I agree DM leaving the prison development completely unfinished was bad. I'm dissapointed that we do not have any developments on that massive hole in the wall either.

Also how many token black guys will we go through by this season's end?!!?!?!

I agree DM leaving the prison development completely unfinished was bad. I'm dissapointed that we do not have any developments on that massive hole in the wall either.

Also how many token black guys will we go through by this season's end?!!?!?!
Can't have more than one at a time. I imagine we'll keep Tyrone around for awhile since he's pretty cool in the comics.

Just finished catching up guys. Subbing to the thread.

Michonne is hot. Glad Lori is dead. Rick is better this way. Way less annoying. Shane was a douche. I don't like Glenn for some reason. Or the lesbian girl in the group. Why don't they give themselves a nickname? Instead of calling themselves "the group" they should come up with a cool name. And a flag i think. Daryl is my favorite character. Carl is a moron and i can't stand him. Sad Tdog died. I really liked Dales face expressions. That black girl from the first season was hot(the one who killed herself along with the doctor). Sad Amy died in season 1. She was also very hot.

The walking dead is coming back in less than a month :D February 10th, so mark your calendars. The second half should be (even) more exciting that the first. We can finally see direct involvement between Woodbury and the group. Cool now that we have he dixion brothers and tyreese with is now!

The way is anyone a fan of the comics or the video game?

Walking Dead back on tonight! What did you guys think of this episode? Seemed a bit empty but was necessary for the rest of the season. Carol seems to fit into the episode title....

I wonder what will happen to the Dixon Brothers.

So glad Twd is back!

It was cool. Still waiting for Rick or anybody really to bring up the discussion of the group name. Which includes flag. Canteburry has one! Why not them??

daryl come back pls ;_;

he'll clearly return when the show needs him. consider it a hiatus. something will happen to merle, i'm not sure what, maybe death? who knows. regardless, when the show needs daryl he will return.

BELIEVE

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
Did the Walking Dead become American Horror Story at the end with Rick all of a sudden?

Kind of a lot of dialogue in this episode. Saddest part was Daryl leaving ;_;

Daryl is a big reason why I love this show.. I hope they continue to have moments in the episodes showing what he&bro is up to.

Rick is turning into Lori for me.. just annoying every time I see him on the screen.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
tbh i think the baby will just be a constant reminder to rick of his dead wife and that he will continue to freak out until Lori comes back or he dies

i also do not think that she is dead

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
With Rick breaking down and Glenn/Carl becoming stronger influences and characters I think that at some point in the series, toward the end, Rick ends up dying with one of them taking the lead spot.

That episode really just left me wanting more, it felt really short to me. The group is really lacking in power right now with Rick losing it, Tyrese may be driven away (doubt it), Daryl is gone, loads of muscle has already died, Michonne has a concussion and Rick plans to throw her out. If the Governor brought his group to the prison next episode they would be wiped the fuck out. Are we getting new characters or do you guys think Rick/Carl/Tyrese/Michonne/Andrea/Daryl/Merle/Glenn/Maggie/Carol/Axel/fodder is enough?

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
iirc rick doesn't die at the prison, and i don't think they are going to end twd at season three, either. twd is about rick and his group's struggle to survive, so killing him would be pointless.

Crux

Banned deucer.
im really not enjoying this angsty rick thing he is becoming shane and i hated shane :/

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Rick needs to sort himself the fuck out. Their group is in a hell of a lot of danger and he turns away the only help he could get (Daryl + Tyrese)?? On top of that he appears to be going batshit insane and the baby looks like it's the cause. Hoping Daryl comes back, Rick either dies or stops turning into a fusion of Shane and Laurie, and the governer just dies.

If Daryl doesn't come back, I'm done with that show. Rick needs to get his shit under control. I think Glenn was being a little paranoid about having Merle in the group..

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I really don't think Daryl and Merle are going anywhere. They were both listed in the main cast at the beginning, that usually (usually) means they're sticking around. They'll pop up again soon, if not next Sunday.

Also, Phadunk just said EXACTLY what I was thinking. Rick is getting really fucking annoying, worse than I ever found Lori. I'm seriously wondering if they're slowly writing him out of the show.

Redew, don't talk about future comic events, and if you do, put it in hide tags.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)