The WALLS thread!

How does nidoqueen stop scrafty? EP won't take it down in time. It does beat the almost incounterable CB terakion though, so it sounds pretty amazing for that.

Latias is amazing as it can stop many antistall sweepers like Reuniclus, Virizion, and Celebi. Quagsire is the more annoying physical wall. Looking for a DDnite counter? Once you know its set it will not get past you without a crit.
I was just talking about stuff is walls really. It just happens to slay Terrakion and Lucario though as a bonus.

Milotic is a great special wall and works fantastic with Gliscor. With access to Haze, Dragon Tail, Scald, Recover, Confuse Ray, Hypnosis, Mirror Coat, Magic Coat and Light Screen it has a great support movepool and with it's nice physical bulk it can even serve as a mixed wall.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic/Ice Beam
- Haze/Toxic/Dragon Tail/Magic Coat
- Recover

A set I like to use if I have a physical wall on the team like Gliscor and Tangrowth. Scald does what it does, Haze trolls Volcarona and friends and of course Baton Pass, it can Toxic-stall with it's great defenses and Recover recovers. Also doesn't mind getting burned or paralysed due to Marvel Scale.
Of course you can go all-out physical defense with 252HP/252Def Bold or special defense 252HP/252SpDef Calm which lets it reach 383 special defense.
Another cool set is the RestTalk set with Scald and Dragon Tail. Rest activates Marvel Scale which boosts physical defense by 50%, so good luck taking Milotic down now. Dragon Tail is there to phaze and stop set-up sweepers, but with it's bad Attack stat you can easily sub up on it.

Specially defensive Tyranitar, although he has a lot of common weaknesses and bad defensive typing you can not deny his special bulk when under his own sandstorm.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers/Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Nature: Careful
Moveset
~ Stealth Rock
~ Crunch
~ Pursuit
~ Superpower

Stratos

Banned deucer.
While you have to love SpDtar for its ability to shit all over Lati@s, it's not a wall in the same way Pert is not a wall as it's meant to take a hit and hit back, not sit there as a sponge.

thank you contributors, i am adding all the viable suggestions

Does Weezing have no place anymore?

Weezing @ Leftovers
Bold/Relaxed
252 HP/252 Def/4 Spa
Haze
Flamethrower
Will O' Wisp/Toxic
Thunderbolt/Explosion/Pain Split

With an odd movepool and quite a few options, Weezing remains mildly unpredictable when it switches into a multitude of Fighting or Ground-type physical attackers. With Haze to prevent relentless stat-upping, a choice between Burn or Toxic, an elemental attack or two, and even some unreliable but damaging recovery, Weezing is more than capable of forcing out sweepers and messing with the switch-ins. It also lures Special attackers like no other, providing opportunities for your CB Tar, bulky Scizor, Volcarona, or Gyarados to take advantage of them.

Why no love for Umbreon?

Umbreon has some decent d and sp.d (but for most purposes curse makes only 1 relevent but both can work). Synchronize is fun if the opponent decides to status you because you can rebound it back (Then promptly heal with Heal bell for yourself). Moonlight and Wish are good for healing (Baring sandstorm and hail (i think hail lowers moonlight but not sure)). Toxic for annoying status. Heal Bell for status removel. Curse for a defensive and offensive (Payback plus curse = Annoyance). Yawn if sleep is more desireable than poison. Substitue for more walling potentiall maybe, never saw much use in subs so...

Umbreon was pretty decent last generation, but in this gen there's just way too much stuff in OU that slaughters it.

Scizor is everywhere, Terrakion is everywhere, Lucario is everywhere, hell, even Dragonite rips it apart, especially if it has Lum to stop your status attempts. It just can't function well in this insanely offensive metagame.

There should be something in the OP about 'walls throughout the tiers' (actually detailing their respective roles in each metagame and not just any metagame) , as I noticed that it's mostly all about OU walls, and quite frankly that's just not as interesting!

Just my buck-fifty.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Ability: Solid Rock
252 HP/ 252 SpD

Rest
sleep talk
Dragon tail
Earthquake/elemental punch

Rhperior has really great HP and defenses. and with max SpD in careful under sandstorm, he has roughly 343 SpD. Paired with Sand storm, he can be a very good mixed wall

Rhperior has really great HP and defenses. and with max SpD in careful under sandstorm, he has roughly 343 SpD. Paired with Sand storm, he can be a very good mixed wall
Speaking of Rhyperior...

With Evolite, this thing gets 414/414/284 defenses (252/252 Careful and Evolite). Premier wall in NU, and RU now that Rhyperior is gone. Hits pretty hard too.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
There should be something in the OP about 'walls throughout the tiers' (actually detailing their respective roles in each metagame and not just any metagame) , as I noticed that it's mostly all about OU walls, and quite frankly that's just not as interesting!

Just my buck-fifty.
good point, i will do that as soon as i get the time but I'll need help with UU as i hate that meta and refuse to play! (lol)

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
UU walls, huh?

I'll write up about Camerupt's prowess later after I'm done typing up this next chapter...

Speaking of Rhyperior...

With Evolite, this thing gets 414/414/284 defenses (252/252 Careful and Evolite). Premier wall in NU, and RU now that Rhyperior is gone. Hits pretty hard too.
What I don't like about Rhydon, though, is his numerous weaknesses, most notably that x4 weakness to grass and water

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Torment Heatran anyone?? This guy was AWESOME in 4th gen! Haven't played with him much in 5th gen though. I would imagine that you could add toxic to the set if you really want to mess up chandelure and volcarona (and anything else that dares to switch into you). Watch out for conkeldurr though.

Just going to put this out here, but in OU, Mixed Wall Dewgong
Dewgong @ Leftovers
Hydration
Nature: Bold
Ev's: 252 HP 152 Def 108 SpD
-Stockpile
-Toxic
-Rest
-Surf

Best rain wall out there... People go 'Lol dewgong' and think that any of their moves can 2HKO and dewgong can't do shit... Dewgong is surprisingly bulky. Stockpile a few times and get a free rest with hydration, and when they realise what you're doing, it's usualy too late. At +3/+3, only a crit can beat it. Then you just toxic stall and troll.

Just going to put this out here, but in OU, Mixed Wall Dewgong
Dewgong @ Leftovers
Hydration
Ev's: 252 HP 152 Def 108 SpD
-Stockpile
-Toxic
-Rest
-Surf

Best rain wall out there... People go 'Lol dewgong' and think that any of their moves can 2HKO and dewgong can't do shit... Dewgong is surprisingly bulky. Stockpile a few times and get a free rest with hydration, and when they realise what you're doing, it's usualy too late. At +3/+3, only a crit can beat it. Then you just toxic stall and troll.
Idunno, 90/80/95 just doesnt seem to bulky to me. Sure stockplile helps, but dewgong has some bad weaknesses for a wall with rock and fighting. You may also want to run scald over surf to status steel and poison types. Still though, it may be able to work, especially in lower teirs

It doesn't learn Scald which is why Dewgon has to Surf.

One of the best underrated Mixed Walls of all time...Deoxys-D.

Deoxys D Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
252 Hp/140 Def/116 SDef

-Recover
-Snatch
-Magic Coat
-Toxic

With 430 Defense and 385 Special defense, Deoxys D survives all sorts of attacks. He can even survive stabbed super-effective Choice Band Tyranitar Crunch! Very few pokemon can take out Deoxys and Deoxys will be a pain to get rid of since Magic Coat bounces statuses/Taunt/Hazards right back at the opponent and Snatch steals any offensive boosts they're trying to get. Toxic allows Deoxys to wear down and destroy all Non steel, poison, and Natural Cure Pokemon. The few pokemon capable of threatening this set are Scizor, Escavilier, Volcarona, Choice Band Tyranitar, and Gengar as well as critical hits from Choice Band Dragonite or Haxorus or such heavy hitting fire power. While walled horribly by steels and poisons as well as Scizor/Escavilier or Gengar being it's worst nightmares, it can really be irritating and a tough nut to crack as without a boost, even Haxorus and Dragonite Outrages can't even 2 hit ko! It can take a Draco Meteor+Extremespeed from Dragonite and recover health and can steal Dragon Dances from DDNite and lay Toxic on it to ruin it for the rest of the match. If an attack does over half damage, it's obviously Choice Banded and if you force the enemy's Choice Banders into Outraging or locking themselves into unfavorable moves, it can easily allow other menmbers to fill the gap. It also really messes with Deoxys-S since it bounces back Taunt and Hazards, steals its screens and team's boosts, and wall the offensive variant to kingdom come barring criticals or special defense drops. Deoxys-D can even beat Choice Band Tyranitar if it locks itself into Pursuit instead of Crunch since even Adamant Choice Band Pursuit does less than 50% if you say in, allowing you to Toxic it to death.

So very little can actually kill Deoxys. Life Orb Draco Meteors from Latios hurt but as long as you're above 70%, you can also wall those. So the only things that really threaten Deoxys are Scizor, Escavilier, Volcarona, and unlucky critical hits from Choice Banded Dragons or if they did manage to grab a boost. Watch out for status like burn but especially Toxic if you don't Magic Coat at the right time. And Trick will severely hinder Deoxys-D badly. Nonetheless, Deoxys-D is incredibly annoying and hard as heck to get rid of and needs to be used more.

Chandelure is an amazing wall, and a great hitter. You may be thinking, WTF is this guy thinking? Chandelure, ordinarily, is horribly frail, and rather slow. The only real benefit is its base 145 Sp. Atk, the highest non-legendary BST. With Shadow Tag, it becomes an amazing trapper, and can use it to it's advantage with a very simple moveset:
Chandelure @ Leftovers
Shadow Tag
Timid/Modest, 252 Spd, 252 Sp. Atk, 6 HP
Acid Armor
Calm Mind
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball / Taunt

It functions as both a wall with defenses over 800 (@+6), and as an amazing, but rather slow sweeper with a Sp. Atk, at +6, of over 1500 (w/Modest). With Shadow Tag, one can switch on a NVE or NE move, preferably choiced, and boost up to triple +6. From there, only a critical hit, or a strong hit at low HP will kill it. Flamethrower and Shadow Ball provide strong, reliable attacks, but Shadow Ball can be replaced with Taunt, which gives you protection against other walls and status, which Chandelure dies to. However, it gives you much less coverage. Note that this set is walled by the likes of Eviolite Chansey in rain, but can OHKO the likes of Kyogre with Shadow Ball while surviving a Scarf full HP Water Spout.
This set is also restricted to the likes of DW Ubers.

Shouldn't that be a defensive natured Chandelure?

I thought it fun to use Pokemon that are walls and typical supporters, as an offensive member. like Swords Dance Skarmory.
But I also like using Harden Volcorona so...

Rocky Helmet Defence Curl Chansey (instead of Eviolite)
Rocky Helmet Glaceon (sometimes ran Mirror Coat)

I haven't seen Bronzong mentioned on this forum at all, and he functions as a great mixed wall. His base defense and special defense are both 116 and with levitate, he's left with only one weakness, depending on whether you choose Levitate or Heatproof as his ability. Access to stealth rock, trick room, and hypnosis also give him a plethora of options depending on how a trainer uses him.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Chandelure is not a wall, since it can't switch into things. It's a defensive setup sweeper.

i don't know if forretress is really a wall, per se. it really doesn't have reliable recovery, and it seems to be to be more of a hazard setter / spinner than a wall. but whatever, haha.

It's surprising that anybody has mentioned Shuckle. He's an awesome Mixed Wall, though he works wonders as a Special Wall in sandstorm

Shuckle @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 124 SpD /128 Def
Nature: Sassy
Hability: Sturdy
Moveset
~ Gyro Ball
~ Power Split
~ Toxic
~ Rock Smash / Rock Slide / Earthquake

I wonder why nobody has suggested these defensive beasts:
-dusknoir
-dusclops
-cofagrigus

Both of them have spectactular defenses, and dusknoir and cofagrigus can even go offensive with a usable 90 atk and 90 spatk respectively. Their only flaw is their lack of reliable healing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)