1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The Wiseman of the sea meets the country folk!

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Keramory, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Keramory

Keramory

Hey guys. Ive been playing a lot of PO recently and Ive been experimenting a lot and i have made what seems like a pretty solid team. Ive had some problems though, so any help from you guys would be great. also, no Jiraichi.(i bet you anything hes banned soon. he better be)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] OR [​IMG]
    The main focus of the team is to win (lol). but seriously, the team is built around weakining the opponent until Dragonite can safely Dragon Dance and destroy everything. Ive earnestly Beat entire teams with just +1 or +2 Dragonite. Anyways, meet the country folk!

[​IMG]
    Donphan @ Leftovers @ Sturdy
    Jolly ; EV, 6HP 252SPE 252ATT
    Earthquake
    Ice Shard
    Stealth Rock
    Rapid Spin

My main lead on most teams that dont look like they will lead with Forretress (i lead with Weezing) or Ferrothorn (i set up with Dragonite). ive tried most popular entry hazard users but Donphan seems to be my favorite. i set up stealth rock, unless the opposing teams start with something really weak to earthquake. after stealth rock, donphan is guarantied to live thanks to Sturdy, so i eather suiside Donphan with Ice Shard or Earthquake, or if the damage isnt too bad, i might switch him out rapid spin for Dragonite later. ive tweaked his EVs quite a bit, and it seems to work for me. Donphan has accually just barely beaten Lead Gliscor thinking it can get a quick KO in on Donphan. [ I like to think of him as the Texan fat guy in a white suit.]

[​IMG]
    Dragonite @ Leftovers / Lum Berry @ Multiscale
    Jolly ; EV, 252ATT 4HP 252SPE
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw
    Waterfall / Earthquake / Fire Punch
    ExtremeSpeed

Known as the mysterious and wise dragon of the sea, and the Center of my offence, ive given her full attack and speed EV so it can OHKO after Dragon Dance. many have told me to use Earthquake instead of fire punch, the only poke ive ever needed it on at the point of which Dragonite comes out is Heatran, but Kangaskhan ussually beats it already. She absolutly LOVES fighting Power Whip Ferrothorn. hes such set up bait. sometimes i can get +3 Dance! Fire punch kills it in 1 shot with +1 and kills Scizor in one shot without boost. Extreme Speed is neccasary for Pranksters. its best if i can get rid of stealth rock to keep multiscale. leftovers is for getting back Multiscale. also, toxic is a big problem for Dragonite, so it helps a bit. I find Life Orb more of a burden because of recoil.he gets walled by Heatran and Jiraichi a little, but Heatran can be taken care of and Jiraichi can at least be injured for Dragonites boosted Fire Punch.

[​IMG]
    Weezing @ Leftovers @ Levitate
    Timid ; EVs : 252HP 188DEF 20SPA 20SP 28SPD
    Will-O-Wisp
    Flamethrower
    Haze
    Pain Split / Thunder

Weezing is the crazy Tobacco chewing thin guy with large amounts of explosives he inexplicably obtained. He never wins the fight himself, but he crazy enough to put everyone on edge. Weezing is my way of laughing at Scizor, Breloom, and the whole collective fighting type community. He resists everything Breloom has, can take multible hits from Scizor, and can Troll lead in Foretress. just looking at Weezing, Forestress assumes i will just switch out, so it wont volt switch on the first turn. Weezing is a bit faster than him, and 2HKO Foretress. and there is NOTHING more rewarding than the opponenet switching in something with Earthquake only to the trollness of Levitate. and now your burned. hes also good at trolling set up physical sweepers like Lucario and Bisharp with Willo-o-wisp + Haze. I can make Baton pass teams rage easy. hes not an MVP type of poke like Dragonite or Scizor, but he is essentiall to my team. Oh Dingus, where did u get those fire-works!

[​IMG]
    Scizor @ Life orb @ Technician
    Adamant ; EVs : 164HP 238ATT 108SPD
    Swords Dance
    Superpower
    Bullet Punch
    Roost

Scizor is our city dreaming young boy who is pationate about going to the city. i found fast Terrakion, psycics, and ghosts like Alakazam and Gengar could sweep my team, so i chose Scizor to sort of counter them. he works pretty well i suppose. i dont like Choice band because after i beat something with Bullet punch, the opponent can just bring in Heatran. the speed EVs is to outrun Heatran for a OHKO Superpower. i chose Roost instead of X-scisors because the the things he will be fighting are gonna be frail or weak to my moves. I have contemplated a Metagross may be better though.

[​IMG]
    Kangaskhan @ Choice Band @ Scrappy
    Jolly ; EVs : 12HP 244ATT 252SPE
    Double-Edge
    Drain Punch
    Ice punch
    Earthquake

You can assume what stereo-type this is. anyway, Kang is just a wonderful addition to my team, doing 2 things. he can revenge kill, but why not use Honchkrow or Terrakion you ask? Well, when he comes in, he is just completly ignored as some idiot trying to be different. and mabye that is what im doing. OHKO on neutral Double Edge says otherwise. Drain Punch is for ice and dark types. ice punch beats dragons, which is important, since litterally every OU dragon is an anti Dragonite. Earthquake hits steel types like Heatran and, more importantly, Jiraichi (My nemisis) He can even-sorry, she, can even suprise sweep with Double Edge because of his high speed. Unlike Tauros, he can take one hit from a strong unboosted salamance or +1 Dragonite, letting him Ice punch them.

[​IMG]
    Quagsire @ Leftovers @ Unaware
    Careful ; EVs : 252HP 252SPD 6SPE
    Ice Punch
    Stockpile
    Recover
    Toxic

Hes my Special Wall for countering set-up Special attackers. since Weezing cant beat Reuniclus, and Scizor gets beat by Nasty plot Thunderus-T, Quagsire can be quiteuseful at times. Waterfall is STAB, Recover is for keeping healthy, and Toxic is important because no one else has Toxic. Rock slide might be better than Ice punch though.

My Main Alternate With Weezing...
    [​IMG]
    Whimsicott @ Focus Sash @ Prankster
    Bold ; EVs : 252HP 124DEF 132SPD
    Encore
    Stun Spore
    Taunt
    Leech Seed

As you can see, he is quite the Prankster, switching in for a sec, cripple opponents, sweepers and walls, and run away for somone else to finish the job. no reason for SPE EVs because of prankster, and Sash is so it can A. get in one more prankster or B. switch so he can later prankster some one else. Of course, it means Weezing can't lol GG Scizor and Terrakion, but a paralyzed Terakion is much easier to beat up, and Dragonite can beat Scizor, what with resisting his moves and 4x fire punch.

Well this is my team! please give any advice or criticisms that come to mind.

Also, Billy Joel and MJ forever!

Alternates that have seemed useful...
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Mienshoa @ Life Orb @ Regenerator
    Hardy ; EVs : 20HP 236ATT 252SPE
    Hi Jump Kick
    Hidden Power Ice
    U-Turn
    Fake-out

Decent Revenge killer, i sometimes use him as a lead and just use Fake out and U turn. High jump kick hits like a train as always, and HP ice is for flying types and Dragons thinking there so smart. (Smug jerks) ive never really had him do alot, and he is super fragile even with Regenerator. and ghosts switching into jump kick is annoying, but i can usually switch to heal, but it gives Gengar a turn to set up.

[​IMG]
    Deoxys-D @ Leftovers @ Pressure
    Careful / Impish ; EVs : 252HP 4SPE 252SPD/DEF
    Taunt
    Stealth Rock
    Spikes
    Toxic

He replaces Donphan. he sets up hazards quite well, but lack of Attacks leaves him open to taunt and Encore. probably the best alternate i have. his ATT and SPA are too low for serious attacking, even psycho boost. Toxic is usefull, especially if Quagsire has been replaced with alternate. Nature and EVs differ with team.
  2. TheStriker

TheStriker

So Keramory...

Great team! One weakness you might worry about is Choice Band Users. Terrakion can sweep through this whole team after Donphan is gone or if Spikes is up, Donphan is OHKOed so, I prefer changing your EV Spread to 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def Adamant Nature. Speed won't be neccasary because Donphan is slow even with full investment in speed being outsped by Salamence and Dragonite. Ice shard gets priority, so Speed is only required for Earthquake, but even wih the speed its outsped by a large amount of OU. Choice Band Terrakion breaks through Quagsire and OHKOes it because Choice Band isn't negated by Unaware. Next I prefer switching Haze with Clear Smog. Clear Smog isn't negated by Taunt, and it does a fair amount of damage reaching 75 Base Power after STAB. Fire Blast is also available on Weezing which can do a significant amount of damage on Steel Types. Weather Teams which became extremely popular this Gen (due to Ninetales and Politoed) can cause your problems. Next I recommend making your Scizor an Offensive EV Spread: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SpDef because Dragonite is your only source of real offensive. Next, Quagsire loses its walling capabilities without Stockpile, so I would switch Waterfall with it. After two stock piles, Quagsire is almost unstoppable. Pokemon such as Salamence would use quagsire as Set-Up Bait, but it'll back fire on them. Ice Punch lacks STAB on the Quagsire set, but Ice is a very good attacking type hitting the common Flying and Dragon Types for Super-Effective Damage. Finally I suggest switching your Kanghaskan to an Offensive Choice Scarf Haxorus. Haxorus can easily revenge kill better than Kanghaskan because it has a high Base 147 Attack, 97 Base Speed and combining that with an Adamnt nature make it a dangerous revenge killer. If you think Haxorus is unpredictable than think again because its most commonly found using Dragon Dance or Choice Band. Otherwise Great Team. This was a very interesting team when I saw how Weezing had amazing synergy with Quagsire. those two are a very good defnsive core and I leared something from that. I might use them as an example later. Here is the Haxorus Set.

[​IMG]
    Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Nature: Adamant
    -Dual Chop
    -Earthquake
    -Brick Break
    -Outrage

Dual Chop is a Multi-Hit Move each having a chance to critical hit. It can break through focus Sash and Substitutes too. Multiscale is also only activated the first hit making it complement Outrage perfectly. Eartquake is excellent with mold breaker hitting Levitate Gengar and Bronzong super Effectivelly. Brick Break has a good attacking type and the bilty to break Dual Screens which is a obstacle for sweeping. Outrage works well for late-game sweeping making the opponent plans to start new sweeps fail. An adamant nature gives Haxorus a ridiciously high attack stat of 432 being comparible to Ubers like Groudon and Zekrom. Haxorus is good overall and has amazing synergy with Synergy with Scizor, so if Haxorus's check/counter appears then you can switch in to a resisted move and get a Swords Dance if the opponent switches.

Good Luck with you Future Battles!
  3. Keramory

Keramory

thank you for your advice, but Scizor tends to OHKO Terrakion unless it has lots of bulk. i will try Haxorus. also Donphan, Dragonite, and Scizor have priority, so at worst super bulky Terrakion beats Scizor with low hp, only to be Extreme speeded. also, Weezing trolls Terakion if its using anything but stone edge, in which case my slightly bulky scizor can take a hit for guarantied KO. hell, Weezing can take one stone edge without going down, so he can Will-o-wisp.

i am still open to suggestion, or just comments. i hope my title is weird enough to get some attention lol.
  4. Ninetale3

Ninetale3

Hey there,

First off I like how this team has some lower tiered pokes. Kangaskhan stands out for me on this team since it is nice to see a poke uses scrappy since no other team in ou uses a poke with it. This is not a bad thing by no means. As it stands it is either her or exploud. I hope you keep kangaskhan on your team.

Also your scrappy user could easily run work up+life orb in exchange for ice beam and choice band. This still retains its important moves and if it finds the opportunity to boost can be devastating. however roar or circle throw can work just as fine in the slot of ice beam should you feel boosting isn't worth the time. Kangaskhan shouldn't be using ice beam since it's special attack is terrible.
  5. Keramory

Keramory

im sorry, i meant Ice Punch in my post. ive edited it now.

omg i absolutley LOVE the suggestion of using Stockpile it works quite well. im gonna edit that into my original post. wasnt crazy about Haxorus though.

man, i feel like this team is almost perfect, but there is something im missing.
  6. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus

Hey man cool team.

First thing that sticks out to me is that you are very weak to Sun. I suggest running a Shed Shell Heatran over Kangaskhan. The set I recommend is:

[​IMG]
    Show Hide
    Heatran @ Shed Shell
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 248 HP / 248 SDef / 12 Spe
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Roar
    - Lava Plume

This set becomes serious trouble for the current Sun+Dugtrio team running around. As they can't rely on Dugtrio to take it out, who is the only way usually who can touch Heatran.

Another thing I suggest is running Genesect over Scizor. The set I suggest is:

[​IMG]
    Show Hide
    Genosect @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Download
    EVs: 64 Atk / 194 SpA / 252 Spe
    Nature: Naive
    - U-Turn
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Flamethrower

This will serve as your real revenge killer and will still serve many of the same functions as Scizor.

Hope you try these out. Good Luck!
  7. Episode36

Episode36

If you're going to be running Jolly Dragonite, then I would replace Extremespeed with Earthquake. This provides valuable coverage to Steel types under rain, electric types who may survive a dragon claw, and especially Heatran, who you would otherwise be unable to do anything against. If you don't want Earthquake, then Waterfall is a viable alternative, giving you both fire and water moves to abuse if the weather calls for it, along with STAB. It should also probably have Lum Berry, to protect from Scald burns, WoW, and sleep that cripple Dragonite. If, however, you choose to run Adamant, Extremespeed is definitely worth keeping. However, on your dragonite, it's not, so I would change your item and move set to give yourself a better chance of sweeping/winning.
  8. Keramory

Keramory

thank you so much everyone, my team has been winning more matches because of you! im gonna keep editing the team until i feel like i have even the slightest chance against the Smogon Frontier Brains. in addition to any advice, does anyone know when they will do that next? lol
  9. Keramory

Keramory

my team just got anniallated by Spikes + Roost + Whirlwind Skarmory, so Dragonite needs Fire Punch. My Kang Beat Skarm with a critical after 16 hits and his last PP lol
  10. Keramory

Keramory

Anymore rates would be appriciated.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)