The Workshop

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can someone please draw for NU Research Week? Something with maybe a mismagius wearing glasses looking through some files would be nice! or maybe even something like Feraligatr and Vileplume fighting over a file. Whichever would be easier, rlly appreciate the great art guys !!!

Can someone please draw for NU Research Week? Something with maybe a mismagius wearing glasses looking through some files would be nice! or maybe even something like Feraligatr and Vileplume fighting over a file. Whichever would be easier, rlly appreciate the great art guys !!!
Um, hello. I wanted to take a stab at this. I hope I'm doing this correctly, read the rules, but I'm really not experienced at this whole process.

Anyhow, this is still obviously heavily WIP (lineart needs cleaned and I don't even have the base tones down!) but the rules also encouraged WIPs and concepts, so please tell me what you think etc. etc.

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
For the RU Viability Thread, here's a rough sketch of how I'm planning to approach this:

RU Viability Thumbnail.png

Keep in mind that the poses and proportions aren't set in stone yet, but this is the gist of what I'm trying for. I plan to make a larger drawing of each of the pokemon individually, and then take them into Illustrator to add color and combine all of them into one image.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if someone would be willing to make a banner for the OM Turbomons that would be really cool :)

Description: somethin that communicates the urgency involved with the metagame (it's just playing with a supershort timer basically) is the best bet. like maybe 2 pokemon both trying to slam down on a button or looking like they're frantically trying to make a choice while a timer is soundin off in the background or somethin like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sapphire.

Es gibt Licht, wo immer Sie sind
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi minus, i came here to add a smile plus to your face. Here's the sketch I made, and if anyone is wondering what those things are on Mismagius's face is, it's glasses :P I tried my best!

Note: Sorry for the low quality picture *_* Someone was using the scanner and I ran out of sharpies >:L

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Arhops, i think somethin that better communicates the urgency involved with the metagame (it's just playing with a supershort timer basically) is the best bet. like maybe 2 pokemon both trying to slam down on a button or looking like they're frantically trying to make a choice while a timer is soundin off in the background or somethin like that. while i like the design of the current one, it doesn't really communicate what turbomons is to whomever is seein it. you dont have to use one of my suggestions, but somethin to that effect would be nice if possible

Bummer Edit: This is why Request descriptions are nice to have!

Last edited by a moderator:

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Arhops, i think somethin that better communicates the urgency involved with the metagame (it's just playing with a supershort timer basically) is the best bet. like maybe 2 pokemon both trying to slam down on a button or looking like they're frantically trying to make a choice while a timer is soundin off in the background or somethin like that. while i like the design of the current one, it doesn't really communicate what turbomons is to whomever is seein it. you dont have to use one of my suggestions, but somethin to that effect would be nice if possible

Bummer Edit: This is why Request descriptions are nice to have!
how about this:

explanation:
the crowd in the stands represents how your making pokemon more of a spectator sport, the stopwatch's stop button thingy fell off representing you cannot cancel moves, and past 10 seconds on the clock is red because moves cannot be made in more than 10 seconds.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I like the stop watch approach Arhops , but honestly, how often are spectators pictures as red dots on a green background? The spectator's heads can be anything from beige, yellow to slight orange, while the green benches could have a different that doesn't clash as much with the rest of the banner. And since that background of spectators becomes somewhat monotonous, then they're no more interesting that having that space blank, so I suggest you (or anyone else, really) draw a Pokemon on each side, both seeming noticeable pressured given their lack of decision time.

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor

yeah this is basically the most i'm going to do because at this point i lost the vectors and everything so

edit: here is a version with a white background because ocd since transparency isn't an option because nothing i own is accurate enough to remove the white box garchomp is in

ALWAYS SAVE

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Considering that I nominated Metagamiate for OMoTM (again) and that it has no banner like Type Remix does, I would love to have one be made.

I'm looking for a Pokemon using its powered-up attacks, in addition to the word Metagamiate on it somewhere. The attack can be anything from Pikachu's Electric-type Extreme Speed to Excadrill's Ground-type Rapid Spin, or even Drifblim's Ghost-type Explosion! But, if you really feel like tackling something complicated, try making a banner with every Eeveelution (including Eevee) using its respectively-typed Hyper Voice [Flareon with Fire-typed Hyper Voice, etc.]. No matter which one you do, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
To prove that I am indeed still working on it, here's the final Hitmonlee pencil sketch for the RU Viability Thread:

Hitmonlee Sketch_Small.png Rhyperior Sketch.png Yanmega Sketch.png

My apologies that progress has been so slow; a lot of other responsibilities popping up unpredictably lately. Regardless, this is what is eventually going to be taken into Illustrator to edit and add color to. Rhyperior and Yanmega sketches should be completed shortly.

(Edit: Rhyperior and Yanmega now added!)

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Considering that I nominated Metagamiate for OMoTM (again) and that it has no banner like Type Remix does, I would love to have one be made.

I'm looking for a Pokemon using its powered-up attacks, in addition to the word Metagamiate on it somewhere. The attack can be anything from Pikachu's Electric-type Extreme Speed to Excadrill's Ground-type Rapid Spin, or even Drifblim's Ghost-type Explosion! But, if you really feel like tackling something complicated, try making a banner with every Eeveelution (including Eevee) using its respectively-typed Hyper Voice [Flareon with Fire-typed Hyper Voice, etc.]. No matter which one you do, thanks in advance!
Sorry for being impatient, but I was just checking on how this was going.

Sapphire.

Es gibt Licht, wo immer Sie sind
is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I made a new WIP Mismagius picture for Minus.
mismagius.png

I tried making the glasses but they made it look really ugly XD
also I didn't really know how to make hands for Mismagius so I just made it have some sort of psychic power (like shown in the anime). =)

Edit: It's finished!

Last edited:
I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I'd like artwork for Maximum Upgrade.

I would like some sort of graphic where it shows one move being converted into another move, whether by morphing, by flow chart, by production line, etc.
Incorporating a Cyberman somewhere is not necessary, but would be nice.
Also including Pokémon that could benefit from the morph, like Shift Gear Metagross or Spore Mega Venusaur, is also recommended.

Last edited:
Requesting a thing for No Ability. Perhaps on the cover it could be a Azumarill looking into a mirror where it has muscles ('Huge Power') and then you could see it w/ like weak muscles. Idk, something that involves Huge Power becoming no power. Be creative really lol :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)