The World Cup of Pokémon VII - Sign Up Thread [UPDATE: SEE POST #615 & #636]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If any british players are interested in tryouts, they happen daily, at the discretion of myself or Nachos, just head over to #uk on synIRC.net to find out when! If you can't get on irc for whatever reason, just PM myself or Nachos and we can arrange a trial for you.

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Pokémon Online Username(s): folgorio, alleneby, eo
Country / State of Residence: PUERTO RICOOOOOOOOOOO
Nationality: folgorio
Other Eligibility (if applicable): i guess east/metro

Greetings, by making this post i will expose the complain of a large part of the Hispanic pokemon players, the reason for this is ask for the chance to make the best Hispanic selection for the Smogon World Cup of Pokémon VII.
The actual selection and the leader of it ''Reyscarface'' , ain't taking in consideration all the pokemon players that should belong on that team, because the actual team is formed by players who doesn't play in the latin American and Hispanic scene, so they are excluding some best players of Latin America.
The actual Leader of the [HA] (Hispano America) Team ,''DarkThunder'' , spoke to the [LA] (Latino America) Team, ''Reyscarface'', and they couldn't reach a solution. we believe that those difference are not a reason to exclude us from having the opportunity to participate in this tournament.
We only ask for a fair test to take part of the selection, in a fair environment, to determinate who are really worth of representing the Hispanic pokemon gamer community.

Or allow us to enter as a different team , that represent Hispanic American player form our scene , in case that the other team line-up is closed to changes.

this tournament is very important for all the players of pokemon around the world , because is a way to show who is the very best (yeah i know , like the song XD) and is because of that reason,because our reputation as pokemon players is on the line , that we want to be represent by our best players.

we only want to have the opportunity to participate on this tournament.

Thanks in advance...

Pokémon Online Username(s): Iluvkyogre
Country / State of Residence: Canada
Nationality:Chinese
Other Eligibility (if applicable):None

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
Greetings, by making this post i will expose the complain of a large part of the Hispanic pokemon players, the reason for this is ask for the chance to make the best Hispanic selection for the Smogon World Cup of Pokémon VII.
The actual selection and the leader of it ''Reyscarface'' , ain't taking in consideration all the pokemon players that should belong on that team, because the actual team is formed by players who doesn't play in the latin American and Hispanic scene, so they are excluding some best players of Latin America.
The actual Leader of the [HA] (Hispano America) Team ,''DarkThunder'' , spoke to the [LA] (Latino America) Team, ''Reyscarface'', and they couldn't reach a solution. we believe that those difference are not a reason to exclude us from having the opportunity to participate in this tournament.
We only ask for a fair test to take part of the selection, in a fair environment, to determinate who are really worth of representing the Hispanic pokemon gamer community.

Or allow us to enter as a different team , that represent Hispanic American player form our scene , in case that the other team line-up is closed to changes.

this tournament is very important for all the players of pokemon around the world , because is a way to show who is the very best (yeah i know , like the song XD) and is because of that reason,because our reputation as pokemon players is on the line , that we want to be represent by our best players.

we only want to have the opportunity to participate on this tournament.

Thanks in advance...
that's fine, just join the IRC channel (#latinamerica on irc.synirc.net) and PM anyone in it and ask for tryouts, you can get onto it using www.mibbit.com -- or if you can't for whatever reason, just send reyscarface, bluewind, badabing or whoever PMs on Smogon asking for a tryout. no need to freak out, there's 2 weeks for tryouts and you'll definitely get a fair shot to make the team

Hi, im DarkThunder, i was the LA's captain of the currently PO WC, im captain of HA (Hispanic American overplayers)
and the ABT (Argentina Battle Team).

I want to join to your VII Smogon WC with my guys as Argentina.

the Argentina Battle Team exist since 2008 and we get a long reputation in the world of pokemon

we just played a total of three group competitions tournaments

we played The 8 Nations Cup in 2009 and we get the 2nd place (full DP OU) : http://netbattle.forumfree.it/?f=9050357
we win the Advanced World Cup in 2010 (full ADV OU) : http://netbattle.forumfree.it/?f=8646368
We win the Hispanic Interclan tournament 2011 (full BW OU) : http://rankingpokemon.com/foros/showthread.php?36-Torneo-Interclanes-2011

we had played so mutch challenges against so many countrys across the world

we played a challenge against the Smogon WC bi-champìon Oceania in the last december 2011 and we won them too : http://rankingpokemon.com/foros/showthread.php?37-Desafio-Internacional-Argentina-vs-Oceania

we have a total of 38 challenges played,
27 Wins, 2 ties and just 9 losses.

for see all our stats results just check:

http://rankingpokemon.com/foros/showthread.php?271-Historial-Completo-de-Enfrentamientos

its possible?

pd: sorry about my noob english

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Pokémon Online Username(s): Bluewind
Country / State of Residence: Brazilian
Nationality: Brazilian
Other Eligibility (if applicable): I wish I was from Argentina so I could play with the fantastic DarkThunder if that's possible.

Ok kids it's time I tell you the tale of an Argentinian boy that could. First of all DarkThunder is telling you his side of the story, so I might as well give you the full version. He first came into Smogon nearly demanding that Iconic (WCoP host) talked to Bloo about the creation of a team called Hispanic America (which in a nutshell was the same as Latin America), and althought he criticizes rey manners, it was obvious that he was infinitely more rude to hosts (and rey) than rey was to him. Not being able to create this team, since we are 2 weeks away from the competition, hosts decided to redirect all HA players to LA team, in which they could tryout and try to make it into the team according to their games. reyscarface told DarkThunder we'd wait for people that would go to our chat and have them battle other smogon players, who were also trying out, so we could have an idea of which players were fittest to join the team. DarkThunder then says he finds it ridiculous that he has to try out for our team given he's a "famous player, a fact that can be backed up by players from many countries". Thing is, to be very honest, I've never heard of him, just as I have never heard of many of his players bar those that also play at Smogon; and yet DarkThunder demands we take a player we all know and trust, remove him from the team and give his spot to someone we've never even seen battle, just because "we won against Oceania WCoP team", even though that match was unofficial, therefore meaning a lot of OCN players didn't go as prepared as they were when the actual WCoP was happening (also they haxed Heist like a dog but I won't go into that because I'm a salty bitch and that's common knowledge). That isn't to mention I'd never base my judgment off handpicked facts; we're looking for consistency, not punctual displays of skill. They seem to believe a direct face-off between the two teams would be great to decide the squad and fail to recognize Pokemon is a game with so many luck factors that one can't just take a single match to determine who's better. That's why we were holding tryouts the way we here, having players battle each other as much as possible to see who displays consistency and who only manages to perform well a few select times. For the record, DarkThunder did play a game against one of the smogoners trying out for LA, davidness, a game he lost, so according to their logic we should take him off the team and put davidness over him; something I had no intention of doing before giving DT more chances to show his skills; because that’s how tryouts are meant to be held. However, given the way he's handled the situation and not only refused to even show us how good he actually is, but also questioned the moral conduct of a co-captain (he thought rey wanted him to play on Groudon's Grotto so he could use mod scripts, steal his team and counterteam DT and win, thus having a reason to reject him) it’s hard to want him on the team at all.

This post looks a bit weird and too much of an explanation because I meant to post it on their forums but it crashed and I can't be annoyed to edit the whole thing. tl;dr: learn some manners, be humble and tryout like everybody else; the diva spot of the team has already been taken by AM.

just one thing to say:

i never lost against davidness

we played 2 matchs, before a lot of lucky turns he offered another match and i win him, so we get 1-1.

the rest is irrelevant, will not go back to discussing the same with you or rey, you just want to play with a team of friends,
not "Top Players" of our continent
and are not interested in taking people outside your exclusive fraternity.

then, I want to enter the tournament with my country, bloo or ironic, it is possible?

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
His name is Iconic Jesus sake and as far as I know once you go 1-1, it means you lost a game. And no, the rest isn't irrelevant, the rest shows perfectly what a shitty teammate you'd turn out to be when you just boss everyone around and expect to be received as king of the latins.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Darkthunder good thing this isn't 5v5. Iconic let his team in please. I am sure every other team would appreciate some easy preliminary opponents. replace another team with them!

We offer a challenge to play 8 or 9 vs 9 against any country for our place in the tournament as a "qualifier match"

thanks for your comments
but anyways, i want the response of bloo or ironic.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC ICONIC

Not Ironic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)