1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The World Cup of Pokemon III - Captain/Roster Formation

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokemon' started by Jackal, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max

Max yadig
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Jesiah must be deleting his posts from what I see x)
  2. the Lexx

the Lexx

I'll be a sub for metro, if the open spot hasn't been taken yet.
  3. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I updated the first post, hopefully I can get all the teams in by tonight.

I need one more asian sub, two more metro subs, the last three members of germany, I have to sort out this usa east business and I have to decide on who gets the last spot on Canada.
  4. Zerix

Zerix

Aw, I didn't get picked. Oh well, maybe next time.
  5. Magnechu

Magnechu

I'd love to be in any of the spots that are still open, subs or not. I live in NY so I could do Metro :P
  6. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

team asia is not confirmed yet just fyi, i need to talk to goof about something.
  7. omni

omni
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yeah, dont be a fucking dick. I specifically said I wasn't looking at anyone else who signed up AFTER FEB 18. I didn't find out I can still accept people that signed up AFTER this thread was created. You lucked out? Tough titties, kiddie.
  8. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

omni i think he was kidding O_O
  9. Perfection

Perfection

If team Germany needs another member, I am volunteering (Germany was my 2nd choice) as USA West is full.
  10. omni

omni
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i wasnt laughing was i?
  11. animenagai

animenagai
    is a Past WCoP Winner

come on now omni. he took a chance, it didn't hurt for him to try even if it was after the deadline. calm down now.
  12. omni

omni

He got there late and probably has already seen me post the team already, and he has the audacity to say I would regret not choosing him? I'd take that comment on a personal level if it was directed to the captain. (I did, by the way)
  13. CaptKirby

CaptKirby

You take it personally that someone wants to participate in a tournament that many people take as prestigious? Why are the captains lording themselves over people!
  14. Surgo

Surgo goes to eleven
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Stop! It's Hammer time!

But seriously, everybody please stop the bitchfest in this thread.
  15. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yeah for real lets all just chill. Im bigtime stressed right now irl and pressed for time but I do want to get this rolling. The site will be posted with the first round, so we still have to polish that up, so give us a day or two.

16. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Alright, as an update, VIL told me he wants to play for asia over usa east, so jesiah you need to name a new player. As advice, i'd say balb is supposed to be pretty good so you might want to pick him.

Additionally, Jackal and Tupac (or whatever i can call you for short) need to post their teams.

Lastly, Asia's squad will be:

Team Asia:
    Captain: goofball
    - husk
    - MoP
    - Karrot
    - SePh
    - [kd8]otome
    - salaspectrum
    - VIL
    Sub: Pocket
    Sub: Brawley
    Honorary Co-Captain: Shiv

thats what goof told me last so unless he changes it, its that.
  17. firewater

firewater

if not, well at least i tried as my two options before now are filled><
  18. ToF

ToF
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 13 Champion

Well, my name was in the hat for USA East, so if Jesiah needs a member, I'd gladly join. As for whether Im good or not, I think I've beaten some pretty big names, but Ill let the captain be the judge of that.
  19. Karrot

Karrot plant
    is a Past WCoP Winner

Oh, sweet. Pocket! Nice choice. x)
  20. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless

yeah, we were sort of stuck on which 8 to play, in the end pocket got the sub because he joined up the latest :(
  21. goofball

goofball
    is a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 4th Official Smogon Tournamentis the Smogon Tour Season 4 Champion

Yeah, I agree with the team. As for Pocket sorry dude If we had more spots you would easily get on

Who knows somebody might lose their internet connection you get to play :P
  22. rojo23

rojo23

Team Asia looks [SIZE=-1]terrifyingly strong :O
    [/SIZE]
  23. Endeby

Endeby

The underdogs always win.
  24. altex

altex

. . . i was kiding... do you see the XD at the end? Im sorry about your lack of sense of humor. And btw im not a "kiddie".
  25. Aeroblacktyl

Aeroblacktyl The pizza doesn't scream in the oven! LOL!
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Not according to last year!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)