1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The World Cup of Pokemon III - Round 4

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokemon' started by Jackal, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

haha true it is a rematch of st4 for them, should be good.

For clarification:

Ubers INCLUDE deoxys E and Wobbuffet, im not going to get into arguments here but i think it is an absolute joke that they are unbanned on shoddy, so lets leave it at that.

Also, the final round points WILL be awarded no matter who is alive, thus if all of USA central manage to make the top 3 they will get all the points to be allocated in the finals (6). So asia does not have it in the bag yet!!!
  2. david stone

david stone Fast-moving, smart, sexy and alarming.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

No. The next round only gives 1 point per win for some bizarre reason.

I agree with disallowing Deoxys-S and Wobbuffet for this tournament, because that's how it's been in all prior rounds.
  3. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Once again I overcome the odds...I defeated Earthworm in a fantastic match. I will send the log to shiv if required.
  4. Earthworm

Earthworm
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 6 Champion

I lost to Taylor 3-0 even though my team seemed like it could probably have beaten his, mainly due to me not making too many predictions in my opinion. Good game, sorry Oceania!
  5. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

You have absolutely nothing to apologize for.
    Thanks for sticking it out for as long as you did, I appreciate your efforts to no end.

At any rate, we'll regroup and take the tournament by storm next year!
    This isn't the last you've heard from Oceania ...
  6. Jackal

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

here is the ration for the one point in the next round:

There will be six people. Battlers A, B and C win. They each get one point. Round Robin occurs, the person who comes in last gets one additional point. This could potentially be after losing both games in the finals. So technically if we gave 2 points for a win in the second last round and 0 for not winning in the finals, it would have been the same thing for the person who came in last.

If we made it 2 points in the second last round and then did 2-1-0 for first-second-third, we felt it would not emphasize the final enough. At the end of the day, if the 3 central players make the top three they will get 9 points, regardless of which system we went with!
  7. tentaintcool

tentaintcool

Well done Taylor! Keeping team UK alive!
  8. EconBiscuit

EconBiscuit

Go Taylor, get us that 3rd place slot!

God save our Taylor!
  9. Phuquoph

Phuquoph
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Nicely done Taylor! You can take over the team captaincy, so you are now captain of yourself.
  10. david stone

is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Hmm for a second I thought Taylor was matched up against husk and I was like "yeah an Asian lost so that takes some pressure off us".
  11. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

heh no luck there obi, we don't lose so easily!
  12. GG

GG

i won 4-0, gg husk
  13. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Thanks all!

And wow...congratulations to GG. I take it Asia will want to forget this round as soon as possible.
  14. GG

GG

ok, but now i have to ask if the deadline of the round robin can be a little bit longer because in germany (dont know in other euroe?) are 2 weeks holidays from 10.5-24.5 and then i have no internet or any computer cause im in the vacation :[
  15. _Void_

_Void_

I knew it ^^
    Way to go GG ;D
  16. animenagai

animenagai
    is a Past WCoP Winner

aww damn. good effort EW. we'll be back WC! i think everyone on the team knows each other's much better now. we're all improving too. we shall return!
  17. imperfectluck

imperfectluck
    is a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 4th Official Smogon Tournament

Fade Away hasn't posted since April 23, and I'm still waiting on his pm to schedule a time.
  18. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

holy shit... [kd8]otome is no more! also, will look into the fade_away situation and well played husk, you did awesome man :)
  19. animenagai

animenagai
    is a Past WCoP Winner

i'm not gonna have to beat you out next year am i jr? :pimp:
  20. Stallion

Stallion I get so much action, my name should be a verb
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Don't be sorry, I felt the same in my match with Loki. Dude you got us further then anyone else :). Well played.

And yeah watch out next year people, we shall be back.
  21. ToF

ToF
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 13 Champion

Fade Away is online usually around 10-11 PM EST.
  22. NatKing

NatKing

Yes Taylor! Whatta I tell you people. :D

Go Cpt.Taylor.
  23. david stone

Go Fade_Away!

Go team!
  24. FiveKRunner

FiveKRunner

I beat Jackal, 1-0.

I played kind of dumb early and was down either 4-2 or 3-2 at one point and only won in the stalling at the end due to some very well timed CHs when my Pokemon were about to die anyway. Sorry about the pretty cruddy match Jackal.
  25. Jackal

poo :(

looks like its not canadas year boys
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)