The World Cup of Pokemon III - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
haha true it is a rematch of st4 for them, should be good.

For clarification:

Ubers INCLUDE deoxys E and Wobbuffet, im not going to get into arguments here but i think it is an absolute joke that they are unbanned on shoddy, so lets leave it at that.

Also, the final round points WILL be awarded no matter who is alive, thus if all of USA central manage to make the top 3 they will get all the points to be allocated in the finals (6). So asia does not have it in the bag yet!!!

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shouldn't that be 32 if the points don't increase and stay at 2 points per win since if you swept this round you get 26 points as you said and another 3-0 sweep is another 6 points equaling 32?
No. The next round only gives 1 point per win for some bizarre reason.

I agree with disallowing Deoxys-S and Wobbuffet for this tournament, because that's how it's been in all prior rounds.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Once again I overcome the odds...I defeated Earthworm in a fantastic match. I will send the log to shiv if required.

I lost to Taylor 3-0 even though my team seemed like it could probably have beaten his, mainly due to me not making too many predictions in my opinion. Good game, sorry Oceania!

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
You have absolutely nothing to apologize for.
Thanks for sticking it out for as long as you did, I appreciate your efforts to no end.

At any rate, we'll regroup and take the tournament by storm next year!
This isn't the last you've heard from Oceania ...

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
here is the ration for the one point in the next round:

There will be six people. Battlers A, B and C win. They each get one point. Round Robin occurs, the person who comes in last gets one additional point. This could potentially be after losing both games in the finals. So technically if we gave 2 points for a win in the second last round and 0 for not winning in the finals, it would have been the same thing for the person who came in last.

If we made it 2 points in the second last round and then did 2-1-0 for first-second-third, we felt it would not emphasize the final enough. At the end of the day, if the 3 central players make the top three they will get 9 points, regardless of which system we went with!

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hmm for a second I thought Taylor was matched up against husk and I was like "yeah an Asian lost so that takes some pressure off us".

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks all!

And wow...congratulations to GG. I take it Asia will want to forget this round as soon as possible.

ok, but now i have to ask if the deadline of the round robin can be a little bit longer because in germany (dont know in other euroe?) are 2 weeks holidays from 10.5-24.5 and then i have no internet or any computer cause im in the vacation :[

aww damn. good effort EW. we'll be back WC! i think everyone on the team knows each other's much better now. we're all improving too. we shall return!

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
holy shit... [kd8]otome is no more! also, will look into the fade_away situation and well played husk, you did awesome man :)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I lost to Taylor 3-0 even though my team seemed like it could probably have beaten his, mainly due to me not making too many predictions in my opinion. Good game, sorry Oceania!
Don't be sorry, I felt the same in my match with Loki. Dude you got us further then anyone else :). Well played.

And yeah watch out next year people, we shall be back.

I beat Jackal, 1-0.

I played kind of dumb early and was down either 4-2 or 3-2 at one point and only won in the stalling at the end due to some very well timed CHs when my Pokemon were about to die anyway. Sorry about the pretty cruddy match Jackal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)