The World Cup of Pokemon III - Round Two

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokemon' started by Jackal, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldaron

Aldaron All da lil birdies chirpin
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

Might as well do predictions.

picklesword vs Jackal- picklesword is a very solid battler, and while Jackal is also, I think picklesword's creativity wins out here.

GG vs LonelyNess- GG swept division so I guess he deserves respect, but I know LonelyNess and I think his skill wins out.

Taylor vs Michilele- I don't know Michilele, and Taylor is always very solid, so he gets the nod.

batpig vs COalex- Huy swept the hearts of the world with his dominating sweep of his division in the first round, and I say his momentum carries over into this round.

Jirachi268 vs Gormenghast- shutup gorm.

dynamo vs Mysterious Stallion- MS is one of the more underrated battlers for some reason, and evidently he has a special team for this one :D I can't wait to see it.

Lockon vs maddog- Anubis is a great battler (evidenced by his holding the #1 and #3 positions on Ladder), and of course, a member of the elite Team Metro.

Foreys vs Thunderhorse- *smacks him bottem*

Giga Punch vs Sonuis- GP is game. (classically angry as well, it seems)

Sapientia vs Obi- I've faced Sapienta and beaten him everytime on my cleverone alt on Shoddy, and I can't even boast a .500 (or close to it) against Obi, so this one is obvious to me.

Melon vs salaspectrum- boooooaaaaahhhhh and salas is really good :D

Maniaclyrasist vs FiveKRunner- Maniaaaaaaaaac rocks.

aldaron vs Hipmonlee- GG, sir.

Earthworm vs zerowing- Earthworm is great...zero is only great in my heart. Also, I don't even know if zero DPs that much lol, if this was ADV it would be zerowing

CLegacyM vs Loki- GG, sir.

JabbaTheGriffin vs DD.- Jabbaaaaaaaaaaa rocks.

husk vs Stalling- GG, sir.

rojo23 vs Brawley- Brawley...

Floppy vs Antique Roadshow- AR is very solid (though experiencing some down time lately...hopefully that will pass!!)

HIGHLIGHTS:

Of the matches remaining, Gouki v. MoP, IPL v. Pilocus, VIL v. Phuquoph, hibachi v. Fade_Away, and omni v. TAY are all deserving of highlight matches and therefore tough to call.

Gouki v. MoP- I'd say MoP is a great battler, but Gouki is the very epitome of underrated and I think even if MoP does have a slight advantage over Gouki, Gouki will rise to the occasion. Why? Team Canada depends on Gouki to advance, whereas Asia can take a hit. That doesn't make any logical sense? Fuck off.

IPL v. Pilocus- Man this was a tough one. I'm going to go with the person who is considered by many to be at least top 3 all time in team building for the ADV generation, and possibly top 3 overall battler. Pilocus has been so hot in recent tournaments though that I think he may have the God of Statistics on his side...

VIL v. Phuquoph- I hear from my teammate Iggybot that Phuquoph more than rose to the occasion and defended his reputation impressively (I don't personally know how Phuquoph is as a battler since I have never knowingly seen him battle), and he seemed to dominate his division. On the other hand, you have VIL, who, while only in the DP game for about a month to two months, is, well, VIL. He also beat me 2-0 last night lol, so I'm going with him.

hibachi v. Fade_Away- I've faced both many times, and they have all been good matches. From what I remember of both, I say hibachi has the advantage in this one. Fade_Away was in the top 8 of ST4, so he might have some luck in tournaments as well (since getting far in single elimination tournaments is largely influenced by luck!!).

omni v. TAY- TAY is another underrated battler. omni also kicked my ass in ST4. Tough call. I go with TAY because I know she (don't know your gender and you come across as a girl to me. If you aren't a she...well sorry dude >_>) is more knowledgeable of the DP metagame than omni.

My predictions ^_^
  2. Spaniard

Spaniard

I'm almost sure that tay is wdro (diego15) and diego is a male name
  3. Aldaron

is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

nah TAY isn't wdro
  4. dynamo

dynamo

olo here we go

Gouki vs MoP
    picklesword vs Jackal
    [kd8]otome vs Pilocus
    GG vs LonelyNess
    Taylor vs Michilele
    batpig vs COalex
    VIL vs Phuquoph due to team UK xd
    Jirachi268 vs Gormenghast
    dynamo vs Mysterious Stallion lol
    Lockon vs maddog
    hibachi vs Fade_Away
    omni vs TAY
    Foreys vs Thunderhorse
    Giga Punch vs Sonuis
    Sapientia vs Obi
    Melon vs salaspectrum
    Maniaclyrasist vs FiveKRunner
    aldaron vs Hipmonlee
    Earthworm vs zerowing
    CLegacyM vs Loki
    JabbaTheGriffin vs DD.
    husk vs Stalling
    rojo2 vs Brawley
    Floppy vs Antique Roadshow

guessed / trusted the people I know are good battlers for some of these as I have seen nowhere near everyone play.

Also, I want to contact Mysterious Stallion, but when I look under M, I can't find him... help?
  5. goofball

goofball
    is a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 4th Official Smogon Tournamentis the Smogon Tour Season 4 Champion

pretty simple matches for team asia good luck guys !!
  6. Karrot

Karrot plant
    is a Past WCoP Winner

I agree, Team Asia has this round in the bag. :)
  7. imperfectluck

imperfectluck
    is a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 4th Official Smogon Tournament

I won 3-0 vs. Pilocus, gg
  8. IggyBot

IggyBot !battle
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Gouki vs MoP - Really tough match, but as mentioned, Gouki is really underrated. Really, could go either way
    picklesword vs Jackal - I don't know Jackal, but I've had a good number of great matches with pickle.
    [kd8]otome vs Pilocus - yeah
    GG vs LonelyNess - GG swept what was widely considered to be one of the toughest divisions in round 1. LonelyNess is no slouch, but I think GG has this one.
    Taylor vs Michilele - Don't know Michilele, but Taylor is good
    batpig vs COalex - After watching batpig tear shit up in round 1, I'm going to have to go with him.
    VIL vs Phuquoph - Really tough. Phuq is good, but VIL seems to play more, which I think will be the deciding factor.
    Jirachi268 vs Gormenghast - gormgormgormgorm
    dynamo vs Mysterious Stallion - Don't know why this guy isn't given more credit. Really, a great battler
    Lockon vs maddog - Anubis is a very good player stepping into the DP scene. Going to have to give him the win here.
    hibachi vs Fade_Away - Great ST4 performance is going to carry over into the WC
    omni vs TAY - Don't know omni, but TAY is really solid
    Foreys vs Thunderhorse - Foreys is a great DP player. Should be an amazing battle though
    Giga Punch vs Sonuis - Don't know Sonuis, but GP is great. Go Team Metro
    Sapientia vs Obi - Don't know Sap, so going with Obi, perhaps one of the most famous DP players here
    Melon vs salaspectrum - Sala is just to good
    Maniaclyrasist vs FiveKRunner - Maniac is awesome.
    aldaron vs Hipmonlee - I wanted to watch this
    Earthworm vs zerowing - Not sure how zerowing is at DP, but I know Earthworm is good. Really good
    CLegacyM vs Loki - Yeah Loki
    JabbaTheGriffin vs DD. - Go Metro
    husk vs Stalling - Wanted to watch this to
    rojo23 vs Brawley - Brawley is solid all around, don't know rojo.
    Floppy vs Antique Roadshow - Never a better time to get out of a slump

I wish I could watch all of these, all are going to be great matches.
  9. Thunderhorse

Thunderhorse

Won against Foreys in a gg.sending log
  10. Max

Max yadig
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

11. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

yeah!! asia :D :D :D :D :D

see max you couldve been in asia but no you had to go switch over to usa south HEH.

edit: everything's updated.
  12. gorm

gorm
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

lost 4-0 to jirachi268, gg
    ÒnÓ
  13. jira

jira

won 4-0 vs gormenghast gg
  14. Gouki

Gouki nice times all the times
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

son of bith
  15. Aldaron

OU and IRC Leader

dynamo, user "Mysterious Stallion" is now user "MS" on smogon.
  16. Brawley

Brawley
    is a Past WCoP Winner

Won 3-0.
    GG
    :)
  17. rojo23

rojo23

I lost to Brawlex gg
    made a stupid mistake on chosing my move :(

but no worries, COalex will advance to the finals and sweep you all!
  18. dynamo

dynamo

cheers Aldaron, just sent PM
  19. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Directoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

gouki me vs you in the finals ok?
  20. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Battle Spot Leader

oh crap i just got destroyed today is not my day for battling :/
  21. DD.

DD.

i won a match against jabba , score 5x0, gg man
  22. ~Michilele~

~Michilele~

I don't think so, you have a PM-answer. You should post after reading a answer.

ps@Shiv: You cannot compare the match of judgement&me and melon&me.. I used a random team against melon xp..
    gl&hf germans, one of us is in Round2.

pps: germany>all
  23. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I said it seems likely, because that's when you said we would most likely be able to play. Now you're changing it to next Sunday? I just PMed you back straight away saying we can play now.
  24. gorm

gorm
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

yeah so gandalf the blue posted most of my team in this thread http://www.pokemon-inside.net:1197/...642acd3cc734c011d6e94a3042&view=unread#unread
    (page 8)
    [​IMG]
    Bash Gorm, the dirty guy used
    Always shit CM_jira, and if I
    Then everything he outpredict hax
    Away> _> His team was SashGar, Cloak
    HP (ice), Cm-Jira with enough
    Speed for jolly Mamu, with Tauntdos
    > 245 Speed, and the other two
    I forgot ^ ^. Eventually
    He PusuitLax times and Celebi
    There.
  25. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

He was trying to find out my identity and everything. He wouldn't leave me alone, then he was banned for some reason.

I wish I could read that...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)