1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The World Cup of Pokemon III - Round Two

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokemon' started by Jackal, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dak

dak

proper translation:

2. Endeby

Endeby

I see... Dirty tricks huh...
  3. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I don't see how its my fault that I presume you tried to play your best against both your opponents for the same tournament.

Also, Taylor I'd say its because you're up against a german :)

gorm, I can't really do anything there bro, i'm pretty sure people in most teams give advice like that, thats many of the people on asia for example, don't battle with their tournament team when they're battling randomly.
  4. Aeroblacktyl

Aeroblacktyl The pizza doesn't scream in the oven! LOL!
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

UNLESS, I purposefully battle with the team I plan to use, in hopes of them thinking I wouldn't use a team that I would use in a tournament in front of them, therefore them not expecting for the team they already know, and being unprepared for that team, as opposed to another team they were hoping to have faced.

Dun dun dun mind fucking muahahah
  5. gorm

gorm
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

heh im really expecting a rematch or anything but i do think gandalf the blue is a (BAN ME PLEASE).
  6. CaptKirby

CaptKirby

...how do you test your team then? Random shoddy ladders are the quickest way to test against a lot of people!! Having to use an alternate name is ridiculous, but it looks that is what you 'should' have done Gorm ;(
  7. jira

jira

i dind't used a counter team against you i used my standard team. if i would have been unfair i could have used something like dugtrio..
    sorry anyways for gandalfs behaviour, im member of this forum and so i can badly overlook gandalfs post =/.

sorry, i wish gandalf never posted that ._.
  8. gorm

gorm
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

im not accusing you of anything dont worry :U
  9. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Indeed. xd

Other news, Michilele says she can't meet up to play one battle this entire week. Frustrating as it is, I'll just have to wait until next Sunday.
  10. ~Michilele~

~Michilele~

You are very similar as Melon. A nap, who tells very much not interesting things in this topic to influence the TO xD
    Something like that is very lousy.

You've said, that you can battle only @weekend, so that i suggested next weekend , because i cannot this weekend ;D

Because of that I will be on the server by a consented time.

ps: lol, Gorm xp, I think, every team on this tournament do this and it cannot be prevented. In addition, only use more than one team and you have no probs like that.
  11. NatKing

NatKing

Urmm, what the fuck was that about me?
  12. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Are you out of your fucking mind? I said I'm available whenever and everyone knows that. Preferably on the weekend, but I'm able to go out of my way to play at anytime to suit my opponent, as I'm not fussy. Please don't say anything like that.

Let's just meet up as soon as we can, and I'm free whenever so you don't have to wait until the weekend.
  13. Gandalf the blue

Gandalf the blue

Ok, The post was a bad idea lol.
    I am sorry for the dirty guy and the other offenses, I didnt wanted to hurt you with. I was just angry because I lost to you 3 times in a row and I am a bad loser so I need another reason for my lose then my skill.
    But I am sure that other teams do some scouting aswell, or how did you find the post?...

@Taylor: No that were other reasons, lol. I am very courios about pokemon, and I am asking a lot of other good battlers about their thinkings and stuff. Ask Aldaron, Obi, Goofball, IPL and other people if you dont trust me. The kick was due to me using an illegal moveset with Pursuit+Selfdestruct Snorlax, again ask Gouki, Antique Roadshow or IPL.

Edit: What am i doing lol. I didnt scouted your team, as the Ladder matches us together, and as you used the same team over and over again in every match we had, I assumed you would use the same Team in the World cup. So whats exactly wrong with posting the team? >_>

Edit2: I just remembered you posted the Team anyway... So next time I will just give the link lol
  14. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Okay seriously i don't want all of this bullshit in here. That refers to you Michiele and you Gandalf. Gorm had a valid concern.

I just want my match results, thanks.
  15. FiveKRunner

FiveKRunner

Hardly anyone predicted me. :(

I beat Maniac, 4-0, despite some hax against me. Good game man.
  16. Aldaron

Aldaron indefatigable workhorse
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

Wtf lmao, Metro is getting demolished here. Only Giga-Punch and Lockon remain with me to carry our pride...
  17. Maniaclyrasist

Maniaclyrasist custom user title of doom!!!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

18. umbarsc

umbarsc

I believed in you, 5k. =) Seriously, was I the only person that predicted against Maniac?
  19. Loki

Loki like seashells
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournamentis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Champion

i picked fivek

us central represent
  20. hibachi

hibachi

well! I played pretty bad and lost. gg.
  21. Fade Away

Fade Away

Confirming.
    GG hibachi.
  22. Floppy

Floppy
    is a Pre-Contributor

good work Fade Away!
    keep racking them up for the team

team usa (b)E(A)ST
  23. Stallion

Stallion Joe Cool
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Gouki vs MoP He is pretty shit but ehh sympathy vote :)
    picklesword vs Jackal
    [kd8]otome vs Pilocus
    GG vs LonelyNess
    Taylor vs Michilele
    batpig vs COalex
    VIL vs Phuquoph
    Jirachi268 vs Gormenghast
    dynamo vs Mysterious Stallion gl dude
    Lockon vs maddog
    hibachi vs Fade_Away poor hib :(
    omni vs TAY Hard one, but I think TAY will win this
    Foreys vs Thunderhorse Another hard one, but Thunderhorse has given me more trouble in our battles.
    Giga Punch vs Sonuis
    Sapientia vs Obi
    Melon vs salaspectrum
    Maniaclyrasist vs FiveKRunner Well done dude
    aldaron vs Hipmonlee Unlucky Hip. IMO aldaron is the best battler left
    Earthworm vs zerowing Would pick EW even if he wasn't part of Oceania.
    CLegacyM vs Loki I was surprised at how gracious Curt was.
    JabbaTheGriffin vs DD Upset of the round
    husk vs Stalling
    rojo2 vs Brawley
    Floppy vs Antique Roadshow Hopefully he can hit top form again.
  24. Sapientia

Sapientia Wenn ich sterbe, dann zumindest für den Puller in der Fotze
    is a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

i also predicted 5k to win it
  25. david stone

david stone Fast-moving, smart, sexy and alarming.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I beat Sapientia 1-0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)