The World Cup of Pokemon III - Round Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
use advanced connect and enter official2.shoddybattle.com as the host and 8446 for the port

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sorry im late guys, unexpected accident on the highway home so im like home 2 hours late. I will eat dinner and post the new thread.

We seem to be very split on the bo3 situation, you guys are right about the mid tournament rule changing being inappropriate, but it is in the best interest of skill too so its a tough call. I will leave discussion open further i guess.

(ps lockon won the coin flip anyways xD)

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Regardless of whether or not it is in the best interest of skill, I signed up for single elimination rounds after the first round.

Changing the rules halfway through a tournament is not agreeable with me at all.

I don't think that the format should be changed for this reason:

Uhh, changing the process to get that 1 point and 1 point bonus mid-tournament is still unacceptable to me...
However, I feel that this is just as strong a reason not to change it:

Huh, against best of 3 idea. You get hacked, so be it, that's part of tournaments. You get lucky, then take what you can move on. All this is doing is promoting that DP is further more team based than it already is.
Luck has always been a part of Pokemon, whether we like it or not. I've always been in favor of taking the game as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)