1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Finals! [Won by Oceania]

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokemon' started by Jackal, Aug 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Only 16 hopeful combatants and 2 teams remain vying for the title of most powerful poke-nation on the planet. It has been a wild ride and both teams that remain are very deserving; the notorious Asia looks to threepeat while the up and coming Oceania looks to cement themselves and prove they know how to do more than just play cricket! This is a final you will not want to miss.

The final rosters can be viewed here

The format for this round can be found here [identical to last round]

The rules of the tournament can be found here

The Semi Finals can be found here

Pirika is a pretty cute user and has updated his cute bracket :)

[​IMG]

And now the moment we have all been waiting for... the pairings for the final round of this journey!

For Glory!

Seeing as this is the final round, you would think I do not need a deadline! But I will learn from my mistakes from last year in trusting the finals to get completed without a deadline... With that said let's wrap this up within two weeks, which is plenty of time. We will know the winner of this tournament by Saturday, August 29, 2009. Right guys?

Also if we are gonna make subs, why not make them, you know, not the day of the deadline ;) [/bitter]

Best of luck to both teams, but more to Oceania since if Asia wins again I will cry in a corner for at least four days!

PS: FIGHT_FOR_YOUR_COUNTRY! unless that country is Asia xDD
  2. husk

husk
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

I really wanted to play Junior =[

The pairings seem extremely competitive...looks like we'll have an interesting final. GL to everyone.
  3. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

Magmortified vs. alive (veteran smarts)
    itachi109 vs. Earthwormi (veteran smarts)
    mperfectluck vs. Antique Roadshow (youthful vigor)
    Veteran In Love vs. Stallion (veteran smarts)
    Sarenji vs. animenagai (veteran smarts)
    husk vs. panamaxis (veteran smarts)
    Lady Bug vs. Blue Kirby (youthful vigor)
    Aldaron vs. junior (HAX)

azn win 5-3
  4. LoveDensity

LoveDensity

Magmortified vs Alive- Magmortified will be eaten ALIVE!
    itachi109 vs Earthworm- EW will burrow through your eyes!
    imperfectluck vs Antique Roadshow- your luck will backfire against you
    Veteran In Love vs Stallion- MS will eat your love with his mouth
    Sarenji vs animenagai- he has to win for me to sing for him!
    husk vs panamaxis- Good matchup, but I hate you husk
    Lady Bug vs Blue Kirby- Small bug vs Kirby eats anything, who wins?
    Aldaron vs Junior- Asians... get out!

edit: sorry my emotions took me over, i would like to see a tiebreaker that oceania wins.
  5. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

Magmortified vs. alive
    itachi109 vs. Earthworm
    imperfectluck vs. Antique Roadshow
    Veteran In Love vs. Stallion
    Sarenjivs. animenagai
    huskvs. panamaxis
    Lady Bug
    vs. Blue Kirby
    Aldaron vs. junior

Tie break :O
  6. Eo Ut Mortus

Eo Ut Mortus Elodin Smells
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Magmortified vs. alive
    itachi109 vs. Earthworm
    imperfectluck
    vs. Antique Roadshow
    Sarenji vs. animenagai
    husk vs. panamaxis
    Lady Bug vs. Blue Kirby
    Aldaron vs. junior

Asia's got this.
  7. Aldaron

Aldaron All da lil birdies chirpin
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

cool junior

considering we talk...everyday lol, i dont think we'll have a problem getting this done
  8. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

9. itachi109

itachi109

I agre with EUM predictions. ^_^
  10. Stallion

Stallion Winner of the "Smogon's Prettiest Girl of All Time" comp
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Magmortified vs. alive
    itachi109 vs. Earthworm
    Veteran In Love
    vs. Stallion - I was hoping I got one of the best, and now my wish has come true. Don't have a good team yet though, so I'll be playtesting for a bit but gl :)
    Sarenji vs. animenagai
    husk vs. panamaxis
    Lady Bug vs. Blue Kirby
    Aldaron vs. junior
    Oceania ganna win this, but no matter what I'll be proud of all you guys :)
  11. Atticus

Atticus Atticus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentis a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

Magmortified vs. alive
    itachi109 vs. Earthworm
    imperfectluckvs. Antique Roadshow
    Sarenji vs. animenagai
    husk vs. panamaxis (7-0??)
    Lady Bug vs. Blue Kirby
    Aldaron vs. junior

good luck boys.....
  12. tito

tito

Magmortifiedvs. alive
    itachi109 vs. Earthworm
    imperfectluck
    vs. Antique Roadshow
    Sarenji vs. animenagai
    husk vs. panamaxis
    Lady Bug vs. Blue Kirby
    Aldaron vs. junior

Asia wins it again!
  13. remlabmez

remlabmez @dacopboss
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

i want to see it go 4-4 so an epic last battle can happen
  14. Scofield

Scofield Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

It really stings to not be in this, there are several players on Oceania I thought would've provided me with an excellent match up!

Magmortified vs. alive --only picking alive because I think Oceania will win
    itachi109 vs. Earthworm -- Yeah, I do think earthworm is one of the best
    imperfectluck vs. Antique Roadshow -- Overall IPL is probably better? AR is my guy though and takes this one
    Veteran In Love vs. Stallion -- Stallion doesn't have what it takes ;)
    Sarenji vs. animenagai -- Yeah, I'm never rooting for animenagi again
    husk vs. panamaxis -- Anyone else and I would've given this to pana, but husk beat us in the tiebreaker
    Lady Bug vs. Blue Kirby -- I actually think LB will win this, but that would mean asia would win, which isn't what I was going to predict lol. BK is good enough to win this though, although LB is not to be underestimated
    Aldaron vs. junior --Snuck into the the wcup lol, but as dangerous as ever

I'm predicting that I'll either be wrong about the husk/pana battle, pana will take it and end it in regulation. If not, EW vs Husk for the tiebreaker, EW will not lose.

OCEANIA
  15. xWOLFYx

xWOLFYx

Let's go Oceania.

Hope it goes to a tiebreak and hope I get to see some of the battles. Looks like some good matchups.
  16. Pirika

Pirika O boxeador revolucionário
    is an Artist Alumnus

Magmortified vs. alive
    itachi109 vs. Earthworm
    Sarenjivs. animenagai
    husk vs. panamaxis
    Lady Bug
    vs. Blue Kirby
    Aldaron vs. junior

I'll root for Oceania. =)
  17. Warthog

Warthog
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

got love for the underdog Oceania.. good luck guys!
  18. Lunar Solstice

Lunar Solstice

Magmortifiedvs. alive- alive is my homie.
    itachi109 vs. Earthworm EW is really good.
    imperfectluck vs. Antique Roadshow- IPL rocks.
    Veteran In Love vs. Stallion - VIL is an old veteran but can kick ass.
    Sarenji vs. animenagai- Not sure.
    husk vs. panamaxis - Long live the streak!
    Lady Bug vs. Blue Kirby - LB is good. Battled him before.
    Aldaron vs. junior- I think Aladaron will win.

Good luck to all!
  19. locopoke

locopoke indulges in unsavory behavior
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Magmortified vs. alive
    itachi109 vs. Earthworm
    Sarenji vs. animenagai
    husk vs. panamaxis
    Lady Bug
    vs. Blue Kirby
    Aldaron vs. junior
  20. SoT

SoT Yes please!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Magmortifiedvs. alive - Mags a good battler, if he uses superteam, not much can stop him.
    itachi109 vs. Earthworm - it's EW lol.
    imperfectluck vs. Antique Roadshow - Close one, i think ipl barely wins, 1-0
    Veteran In Love vs. Stallion - He is a Veteran, so I think his experience pays off.
    Sarenji vs. animenagai - Nagai an asian spy who went rouge. He spent years climbing the ranks in the secret ninja spy agency that we all know the asians have, and during this years he obtained much knowledge. Sarenji was also a spy, both of them were at the top of their classes, Sarenji having the slight advantage. The two were competivite, they always wanted to be the best they could be, and somtimes even more than that. Nagai was furious he could not overcome Sarenji and be the top rank, so he came up with a plan. He had snapped, took all the information about these top class spies he could get his hands on, and split. He just vanished, poof into thin air. No one has been able to find them, rumors were he OD'd at some whorehouse. This was not the case, he had ever so carefully been planning this, this very opportunity...to claim the ever so prestigious...#1.
    ------
    husk
    vs. panamaxis - the classic cowboys vs Indians story hear. Husk...a ferocious warrior in battle, a leader at heart, and a lover in life. He was the head honcho of one of the most ferocious tribes in all of India (stfu just go with it), they went by the name of the Azns, they were known for their courage in battle. Husk was known for his coveted Articuno, it was his most famous prize. It was his passion. Panamaxis, he was part of a rival tribe...known as the Ocns. He was not the leaeder of the tribe, but he was rising through the ranks, making a name forhimself, he and husk were rivals. During one of the brawls, Panamaxis threw a spear at husk, husk being a skilled fighter, was able to maneuver away from the projectile, however he didn't not completely dodge it, the spear had hit his articuno's wing and down they went. Spiraling towards the ground, husk not letting go of his bird, they hit the ground. Husk got up, a few bruises, a broken rib....not worred about the fight, or the wounds, only about his articuno. There was no pulse. This is how the fight between the 2 starts....panamaxis on the floor
    is how it ends.
    -----
    Lady Bug vs. Blue Kirby - once upon in a land far far away, there was a little lady bug who was just minding his own business. he was a nice lady bug, he had come from a poor family, but he had done well on his own, making a name for himself, and moving on to bigger and better. one day while he was frolicking about, a giant blue ball came running towards him, he was wearing a blue suit of armor, bearing 2 stars on his chest. it was the Blue Kirby, one of the rulers of the prestigious land known as smogon...he had challenged lady bug to a duel of all duels......they fought a long heat battle, and at the end of it all there was only one standing...and he goes by the
    name of LADY BUG. *insert the crowd going while*
    -----
    Aldaron vs. junior - junior gonna beat aldaron due to aldaron being an immortal and living back around 200 b.c and he pissed of zeus so zeus was like WHY YOU PISS ME OFF and then aldaron was like sorry i didn't meant too but Zeus was like YOU LIVE FOREVER BUT SUCK AT POKEMON LOLOLOL and i know this cause im the son of thunder and that is also know as the son of zeus so when i was like 5 years old he told me about this so i thought it would tell you guys about his but anyway back on topic so after the defeat aldaron will cry and aldaron gonna be very pissed and he gonna buy an xbox360 and we gonna play ufc and im gonna use rashad vs him and then we gonna play it a lot and im gonna win by submitting him in an armbar in the first round and we gonna play again and in the rematch im gonna knock him out and then hes gonna be like oh no best of 5 so in the third match im gonna put him in a triangle and im gonna win and then im gonna make fun of him and he is gonna be super super mad and by this point he will be like RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA best of 7 and then i will beat him again by kicking him in the face and then he will quit for like 10 minutes and come back on start talking trash and then we will play one more time except i will use lyoto machida against him and then i will just mess with him and block and counter all of his punches and then get him some of those cool submissions and then aldaron will be soooooo suuuuuuper pissssssssed that he will ban me from #stark and then another channel and i will be like why and he will be like oh my god why are you so good and i will be like its because im the champ and he is gonna be like teach me to be the champ and i will teach him and then he will be a good ufc fighter and we will play again and i will drop him with forrest griffin with a stepping jab and he will sell his xbox and his game to the store and then he will start picking up pkmn again and he will be the strongest battler in the world but not in time for this fight to occur because junior will beat him.
  21. Ryo

Ryo

Magmortifiedvs. alive
    itachi109 vs. Earthworm
    imperfectluck
    vs. Antique Roadshow
    Sarenjivs. animenagai
    husk vs. panamaxis
    Lady Bugvs. Blue Kirby
    Aldaron vs. junior

Asians win.
  22. KnightoftheWind

KnightoftheWind
    is a Past WCoP Winner

Magmortifiedvs. alive
    itachi109 vs. Earthworm
    Sarenji vs. animenagai
    husk vs. panamaxis
    Lady Bug vs. Blue Kirby
    Aldaron
    vs. junior

Oceania ganna win. When the matches are done, can anyone provide me with logs?
  23. junior

junior heard ur boyf was away this weekend, wanna meet at my place
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I wanted to play husk, but playing aldaron will be just as fun!
  24. Sidd

Sidd

Magmortified vs. alive i've seen what this man can do and it is pretty damn sick
    itachi109 vs. Earthworm again, as much as i hate siding against azn, ew is truly beast
    imperfectluck vs. Antique Roadshow don't know much about ar, but ipls vgc things done so he can focus 100 % on 1v1
    Veteran In Love vs. Stallion gotta be crazy to think stallion has a chance....
    Sarenji vs. animenagai didnt let azn down before
    husk vs. panamaxis panamaxis is beast but husk won our beloved uswest tiebreaker
    Lady Bug vs. Blue Kirby highlight match
    Aldaron vs. junior no clue but aldaron make azn proud!

azn take it all, 5-3

i love ocn, but i love azn more
  25. junior

junior heard ur boyf was away this weekend, wanna meet at my place
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

nah son, husk vs. pana is the highlight match.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)