Finals The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Finals! [Won by Oceania]

Status
Not open for further replies.
who else called this was a close match? apparently asia thought they had this in the bag, and i was like "nah"

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Lol they were rooting for us to win but if you check back on the predictions you guy were easily the favourites. What is it with you guys wanting to always play the underdog card lol, you guys earnt favouritism coming into this round and are 4-3 up (for now ;) ), not to mention the only team to have won the world cup.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I get your point, I'll get in touch with him ASAP. Try and make it 72 hours just because I need time to get in touch with him though.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
<_<

"Wait, I just need like another day... or two... or a week..." Can we just shoot this fucking dead horse already?

Still love you goof

lol who said that, last time I checked every other team in WC was rooting for us to lose to the oceania hotshots
I'm pretty sure everyone declared Asia the winner because you and goof were left to win, apparently your names signify a sealed deal. Except I am pretty sure I said it's not over because stranger things have happened (uhhh Latin America anyone?)

On the record, I never predicted anyone to win.

I'm pretty sure everyone declared Asia the winner because you and goof were left to win, apparently your names signify a sealed deal.
Sealed deal huh......I love how everyone "in the know" just thinks me and goof are overrated in every game....I went on hiatus because i stopped caring and I only came back to help Asia in WC,
but if this keeps up, I might just have the motivation I need to get back in real form, who knows.....

At the very least I was an "overrated" has-been. You're a never-was.
Sadly, that's not even in the realm of WC trash talk, it's the damn TRUTH.

(Sigh, and just when I was starting to build a rep as a nice guy....OH WELL)

On that note, don't forget to stick husk in the lineup of peeps to beat besides me and goof. Let's go Asia!

I love you goofball, I really do, but dude why even be on Asia if you aint gonna battle? You're screwing both Asia and Oceania here. Plus its a match up we're all looking forward to and its a total let down so far. I guess you have until tonight (?) to get this done, I hope I eat these words but its really fucked up you aren't playing. It can't be the pressure, you've dealt with the pressure in the past, the only other answer I can find is that you don't give a fuck and you're just dicking around.. and you seem to be enjoying it.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Or maybe hes just being tremendously busy IRL! Theres really no need to accuse someone of dicking around and enjoying it >_<

Anyways, looking forward to the final game.

Edit: Computer problems also happen.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
It's not often people are so busy they cant make a "hey I wont be around" post.

I have to say I'm disappointed goof v ew didnt end up happening though..

Have a nice day.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Rey..a battle takes like 5-10minutes, I doubt goof is too busy to spare 10minutes..

It's been 8 days since the deadline, Shiv as the tournament host you say you need 3 more days after the deadline has already been expired for 6? Come on man, what is that?

Earthworm has been ready for ages, Goofball is the captain of asia, I just expected that someone who applied for captaincy would be interested in actually playing their match or at least giving us a reason why they can't.

It's been 58 hours since jackals post, so whatever, this is just getting ridiculous now.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have told shiv on irc to post a sub for goofball, like I said showing players that deserve respect some respect isnt a good option it seems. It didn't work last year and its not working now. I won't have it.

goofball is disqualified, Asia needs to post a sub now. If a sub is not posted in 24 hours, asia clearly doesnt give a fuck and I will award EW that win and we will just move onto the tiebreak.

this is fucking absurd, shiv im kind of pissed at you of all people for letting this happen

Sealed deal huh......I love how everyone "in the know" just thinks me and goof are overrated in every game....I went on hiatus because i stopped caring and I only came back to help Asia in WC,
but if this keeps up, I might just have the motivation I need to get back in real form, who knows.....

At the very least I was an "overrated" has-been. You're a never-was.
Sadly, that's not even in the realm of WC trash talk, it's the damn TRUTH.

(Sigh, and just when I was starting to build a rep as a nice guy....OH WELL)

On that note, don't forget to stick husk in the lineup of peeps to beat besides me and goof. Let's go Asia!
Unnecessary WC trash talk considering I NEVER SAID YOU WERE OVERRATED. As I keeeeep saying, there were stranger things that have happened (again, Latin America anyone?) when it comes to sealing the deal. In other words, it's not over till it's over. So I went against the general consensus of choosing either Asia OR Oceania and, instead, wanted to see this tournament (the best I have ever participated despite our first round loss by the way) end in such a dramatic final. So yeah, your comments are pretty much unnecessary since I didn't even criticize your game. Straighten up please.

Hell I didn't even know you were on hiatus, how am I "on the know" if I didn't know that in the first place?

And you know what? Yeah, that's right. I am a never-was. I never won a single damn tournament in my time here on the fucking internet. I never sparked ANY predictions of me winning anything. Hell I am a nobody in this place at this point. All I have is my FUCKING experiences of this stupid game filled with 7 years of feeling horrible of "losing" and "failing to reach" these oh so false expectations. So really, what is your point there? Why call me that when there is no neeeeeeeeed to? Please stop stating the damn obvious because I just finished with this damn game a long time ago. And everyone I consider "ON THE KNOW" knows it.

Go ahead and come back, I frankly don't care. What are you going to prove to me, and to anyone else, anyway?

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Just saying I'm open to sub in for goof. :X

If not, rooting for whoever is subbed in.

Let's do this.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
a) goofball isn't the captain of asia.

b) ill get a sub by tonight.

[20:41:35] <Shiv> husk who do you want to sub
[22:37:26] <husk> dawnbringer
[22:37:39] <husk> I already talked to him about it
[22:37:41] <husk> he wants to play as well
[22:44:41] <Shiv> ok post then
[22:44:56] <husk> you do it
[22:44:59] <husk> you're the captain

db comes in for goof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)