The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Roster/Flag Formation

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokemon' started by Shiv, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAY

TAY You and I Know
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

nagai, Scofield will dominate you like California dominates Australia (economically)

Requesting r1 against Oceania.
  2. animenagai

animenagai
    is a Past WCoP Winner

:P

I'm not trying to slam scofield, I just think Rey especially is incredibly good.

Oh and round one is round robin, Mr. Capatain-Who-Knows-What-He's-Doing Sir. :D
  3. Huntofthelion

Huntofthelion Live for the nights you can't remember
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Rey is pretty good, but I think scofield is just as good and probably has more experience. And if rey wants, he can come join team south :naughty:
  4. Aldaron

Aldaron All da lil birdies chirpin
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

No offense to the captains of team europe...actually plenty of offense

How is rojo a sub on your team lol?

He was your best player last year.

Blatant disrespect imo.
  5. Aldaron

Aldaron All da lil birdies chirpin
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

^
  6. skarm

skarm I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Team Canada is also open to suggestions sporting the Canadian Pokemon Bibarel, Pirika. ;D
  7. Woj

Woj

That's an awesome flag haha
  8. SoT

SoT Yes please!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Qualifiers are round 1 iirc.
  9. panamaxis

panamaxis Allons-y!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Do you really want to be knocked out that early?
  10. Stallion

Stallion Killing is my business, and business is good!
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Heh Aldaron I wrote pretty much the exact same thing but in a slightly nicer tone, and on the previous page.

Also well done TAY, I thought the captain was supposed to know the format of the tourney :P
  11. Luxormaniac

Luxormaniac

[​IMG]

Horrible flag lol, but I think the slogan is good.

And I'm as surprised at Rey being an alt as anybody, but I guess a tryout is a fair enough way to decide.
  12. Pirika

Pirika O boxeador revolucionário
    is an Artist Alumnus

Thanks =)
    I'm really enjoying designing those flags. When I get more ideas I'll post here.
  13. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Forum Moderatordefeated the Smogon Frontier

Uh, for all saying i should have been in West roster, i appreciate it, but cut it. TAY and the guys clearly said that there were going to be tryouts, and that nobody had an assured place in the team. Unfortunately i missed the tryouts (i hate being grounded) and the captain made the desicion.

Good luck everyone =)
  14. animenagai

animenagai
    is a Past WCoP Winner

Here's the format page for this year: http://www.smogon.com/tournaments/worldcup/format

Hey, maybe I should've been a captain afterall. Team Born in NZ then Grew Up in Hong Kong and Went Back to NZ will live once more!

edit: Rey, I'm sorry to hear that :(. Maybe someone in your team can be sick for a round or 2? :D
  15. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Forum Moderatordefeated the Smogon Frontier

Im joining south, nagai.

I guess thats what second choices are for xD
  16. animenagai

animenagai
    is a Past WCoP Winner

lol Works out for everyone then I guess. I apologize to TAY for being rude. I guess activity is important in being a team mate. I'm just a Rey fanboy that's all :P.

edit: Thanks for reminding me Pugs. That is a pretty awesome flag. Might just use it.
  17. the pugilist

the pugilist
    is a Past WCoP Winner

This didn't get nearly enough love. Great stuff, although I'm the biggest fan of the white background (no offence intended, it just doesn't stand out that much).

Also TAY is a scrub.:jump:
  18. zorbees

zorbees
    is a Forum Moderator

Elevator Music beat me out for second sub for US East.
  19. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Directoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

first off, i'd like to thank pirika for all these flags, they are great! I would invite you to try one for canada :) Canadian motifs include: beavers (bibarel!), hockey, "eh", hating azn, a maple leaf, etc

also, i forget who it was that asked, but this tournament will use the uber tier as it stands right now. This means the metagame will be the current metagame on the ou ladder, not suspect ladder, REGARDLESS of any changes. The metagame is locked from here on in.

Last of all, anyone who we have not tried out for team Canada and would like a battle, PLEASE either come to irc on irc.synirc.net channel #canada OR contact either myself or Gouki on the forums and shoddybattle to get in a battle. We will give anyone a fair look.
  20. Pirika

Pirika O boxeador revolucionário
    is an Artist Alumnus

I will try something for Canada later =) I've been thinking in the theme already.

Here the flag I made for Team USA West, think that people who like Pantera will enjoy.

[​IMG]
  21. locopoke

locopoke doesn't give a fuck!!!
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

rey has fanboys.. since when :P

Anyway yeah, EM beat zorbees for a spot as our last sub, so US east is pretty much all decided, we just need kd's confirmation.
  22. TAY

TAY You and I Know
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

lol it's fine dude we're just trash talkin' to get into the spirit of the games
  23. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Now that we have a flag chosen, it's all but a matter of time before US Central takes this tournament by storm.
  24. SoT

SoT Yes please!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

No we're not TAY. I MEANT WHAT I SAID!
  25. Duskie

Duskie Boats n Hoes

Looks amazing dude great job.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)