1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Roster/Flag Formation

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokemon' started by Shiv, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoT

SoT Yes please!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

[​IMG]

DA BEST.

That still gives me a good chuckle, but I think we need more of a real flag like above.

We need a gastrodon. =[
  2. animenagai

animenagai
    is a Past WCoP Winner

I like the look, but to be honest I think it looks more like a forum sig rather than a flag.
  3. Stallion

Stallion I get so much action, my name should be a verb
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I really like Pirika's Oceania flag as said earlier, but still not sold on the white background. Maybe the southern cross on a blue background?
  4. animenagai

animenagai
    is a Past WCoP Winner

Southern Cross! There's an idea!
  5. makiri

makiri My vast and supreme will shall be done!
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

[​IMG]

Simple, effective, and I think most of us are from California.

[​IMG]

I liked this idea, but I didn't want to finish it without more input, basically take 5 of the roster, put their favorite Pokemon on a face and run with it. Hope you guys at least get the reference.
  6. Rurushu

Rurushu Sleepless Strategist
    is a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you guys like it.

EDIT: I did a Oceania flag too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Though no matter what i try, i'll never do something awesome as Beerzong.
  7. Pirika

Pirika O boxeador revolucionário
    is an Artist Alumnus

I made one with dark blue background:

[​IMG]
  8. rojo23

rojo23

Thnx for the support Aldaron.
    I have no idea why im subbed..
    I pm'd moot my battle history on smogon and battle strategys/team building/etc. and he was statified with it.
    Probably mekkah/mind don't like me on the team since they also decided europes spots..

But w/e I'll just try to hoop in if they need me even though im not even sub #1 sigh..
  9. Taxie

Taxie

I hope Europe wins. I wished for a separate team for the Balkans but Europe should take this over. I hope I'm a sub :( :( :( :( Good luck to all the Europeans. Make us proud.
  10. -Mind-

-Mind-

I didn't decide anything, just pm'd the results, imo some of these 9 are weird choices too, but there is nothing I can change about.
  11. SoT

SoT Yes please!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I like Zwings new idea. It's a cute Gastrodon. :)
  12. EconBiscuit

EconBiscuit

2 things.

German flag really should be in Duestchland no?

Also how come none of these american flags have got McDonalds on it? It's like staple american :P

Team UK for the Win, Team Oceania for the loss :D
  13. darkie

darkie mfw i see alison brie
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Super Moderatoris a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Public Relations

I really like this, but I think it would be better if you stretched the TEAM horizontally to match the widths of the other two lines. It looks kinda out of place right now, and stretching the letters would let more of the Sharpedo show through, too!

obligatory smack talk: oceania sucks so hard, they don't deserve a flag that good!!
  14. EconBiscuit

EconBiscuit

15. Pirika

Pirika O boxeador revolucionário
    is an Artist Alumnus

OK, I will stretch the "team" in the flag later =). I don't have acess to Photoshop in this computer so I will do it at nigth.

I will try something for team Canada and France too.
  16. Warthog

Warthog
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Teddi>Gastro

makes sense because its a bear.

that pink Gastro Rururshu posted is cute.. though in a pathetic way. I want to hug it.
  17. goofball

goofball
    is a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 4th Official Smogon Tournamentis the Smogon Tour Season 4 Champion

Oh, this is interesting the first captain to not play in a worldcup :o. (Team Europe moot isn't playing)
  18. moot

moot

I'm content with organizing the team that will be winning.

Also, a quick roster adjustment- since Asta has still not contacted me and has not been online for a good long while, I am subbing out Astamatitos for Rojo23. Asta will be taking the #2 sub spot.

Keep in mind that the subs are in no particular order, I had no reason to believe that they were supposed to be in order at all -_-'

@rojo; that was really no hard feelings; it was a close call between you and Asta in terms of battling strength and ultimately it was a coin flip. i'd like to apologise personally for anything that might have ticked you off. I meant you no disrespect in any way.
  19. rojo23

rojo23

moot, I'm not mad at you at all. I was only disappointed in general that I didn't make it to the team. You don't have to add me to the team due to my complainments. I want you to add me because you really feel like I can make a difference during the world cup.
    As for this, you don't have to apologize at all, there's no reason to. you're the captain not me.
  20. moot

moot

I'm not adding you because of complaints; in a normal situation i would do the opposite lol. I do realise that you would make a huge addition to this team, it's just that when Asta applied I assumed he would be able to respond after signing up and since he has not been active since signing up I removed him. You are the more likely candidate out of my two subs and I replaced you accordingly. I categorised spot positions alphabetically, not by skill factor. M comes before R. Welcome to the starters.
  21. rojo23

rojo23

K, I'll try my best to make sure you won't regret it.
  22. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Now kiss and make up you two.
  23. rojo23

rojo23

all in time man, we don't want to rush things
  24. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Agreed, Teddi is far superior to Gastro.
  25. moot

moot

Can I kiss you in the meantime :DDD

wait is the rumour true that you have mouth herpes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)