The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Roster/Flag Formation

Status
Not open for further replies.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
this is why tiebreaker games are amazing...i remember that game vividly. It was a close one!!
Well I mean the top thing that came out of that whole series was myself being proclaimed the King of Street Pokemon after my win against Roy.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Go Latin America, the Cinderella of this world cup :)
See here's where your logic fails. Cinderella is a nobody to start, only to get really lucky and score with a filthy rich and a potentially cute prince. Latin America are just nobodies.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
cool, page views got fixed! even though it only happened like a day ago, its pretty cool :D

See here's where your logic fails. Cinderella is a nobody to start, only to get really lucky and score with a filthy rich and a potentially cute prince. Latin America are just nobodies.
haha MS you layed it down hard there....

Shiv will you be updating the rosters daily or will you just put all things up there at the end of the captains picking.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'll add it in whenever any captain finishes their roster. (which KD24 should just about do now!)

TEAM US EAST:
- KD24
- Locopoke
- Brian_Mccann
- Stone_Cold22
- HectorTU
- UpinSmoke13
- SilentEcho
- Plus

Subs:
- Jrrrrrrr (he wanted sub)
- Elevator_Music vs. winner of FM/Zorbees (had just a minitourney to decide the last sub slot).

unofficial subs will be arin, the 2 who dont win the last sub slot, and articanus

---

thanks for everyone who tried out, most of you had lots of great activity and showed all that you had, wanna give props to people like tsunami and latios who were very cool, showed some activity, ect.

unfortunately, when only 8 people can be on a team with so many applicants who are on an equal playing field, many people will be dissapointed :(. i think us east had the most balanced amount of players which just made it really hard for me to pick.

good luck team!

edit: im stupid, lol, for anyone who didnt really show interest after contact or just didnt live up to expectations, i really couldnt work with you guys.

i hope that clears up that misunderstanding oof x:

Come to #UK on synirc, its the best way to let people know you want to be considered and to know what's going on.
Sorry I dont have IRC i will download it though what are the field fill ins when you 'add' the synIRC? The image on the smogon instructions isn't showing.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Important for Team UK

Straight onto the team:

- Havak
- Legacy Raider
- twash
- Zak91
- Vashta

Tournament for last four spots:

#Az vs. StrategyFocus
B-Lulz vs. Safe_Kid
Giant Enemy Crab vs. idiotwind
Lutra vs. Darkvirus
iKitsune vs. The Red King
Kinneas vs. hlaalu
Tab vs. Son_of_Shadoo
dragonfruit vs. uno cerami
Ace Matador. vs. Raikaria
cookie vs. bugmaniacbob
Dan Dan vs. hungryeyes

If you're here, you'll have to battle your opponent within the next 2-3 days and report your result (and log) to me via PM. The winner will advance (unless there's a really significant amount of luck involved) and the loser will have to watch from the sidelines, but still support their country of course! From this first round, we'll end up with 11 players left. One lucky player will get a bye and advance to the semi-finals right away. Then we'll get five winners from the other ten, which gives us six players for the finals. The three winners will make the final team of eight, then we'll have a play-offs style tournament between the three losers from the last six, two of which will secure the substitute spots.

Good luck guys.

Edit: If your match isn't completed, I'll be picking a winner myself. Don't say you weren't given your chance.

Shiv

mostly harmless
Thats true but I expected the captain to make an effort to contact good players, not expect them to come to him. Its why people were asked to volunteer for the responsibility of being captain. Was a tryout even announced?

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Well the captain can't do all the work. If the players wanna be on the team, it's their responsibility to show up and play their part. KD made it known what he wanted and as far as I know, took the liberty of telling everyone that they would get a fair test. He also allowed logs to be sent to him as well as letting people battle each other for spots.

On a side note. Good luck to the rest of the teams. Congratulations to the people who made the east roster and the UK roster as well.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Note: This is not because I didn't make the main eight like I thought I could.

Honestly, I wasn't too pleased with KD's job. Everything seemed to be disorganized and a lot of decisions seemed to be based off of personal feelings rather than qualifying battles. I never really felt as if I had a chance to earn my spot. Also, I kept running into the same people on IRC (locopoke especially) so I never had many chances to get battles in vs multiple people.

Comparing it to Metro's tryouts, Jabba (despite limited computer time) and Twist seemed to have everything under control. I was/maybe still am only in the running for a sub spot, but I at least felt like I had the chance to earn it by battling. I had multiple battles vs Metro players compared to only a few vs East players.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Uh oh... blood boiling in the East?

As for Central, if they pick me, they know they have a shitty team :D

Thats true but I expected the captain to make an effort to contact good players, not expect them to come to him. Its why people were asked to volunteer for the responsibility of being captain. Was a tryout even announced?
yeah tryouts definitely were announced, i contacted people, pretty much everyone responded and contacted me on shoddy or irc. i asked for battle logs and even battled a few myself.

i can talk to you in a bit shiv about things, my sister just got sent to the hospital

zorbees, i gave you plenty of shots and i watched plenty of your matches. i saw you fight and tell me about numerous things and i thought you did a great job but others did a better job.

however, if people have this much problem with things, fine, im going to figure something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)