The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Roster/Flag Formation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
nagai, Scofield will dominate you like California dominates Australia (economically)

Requesting r1 against Oceania.

nagai, Scofield will dominate you like California dominates Australia (economically)

Requesting r1 against Oceania.
:P

I'm not trying to slam scofield, I just think Rey especially is incredibly good.

Oh and round one is round robin, Mr. Capatain-Who-Knows-What-He's-Doing Sir. :D

Rey is pretty good, but I think scofield is just as good and probably has more experience. And if rey wants, he can come join team south :naughty:

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
No offense to the captains of team europe...actually plenty of offense

How is rojo a sub on your team lol?

He was your best player last year.

Blatant disrespect imo.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Team Canada is also open to suggestions sporting the Canadian Pokemon Bibarel, Pirika. ;D

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
:P

I'm not trying to slam scofield, I just think Rey especially is incredibly good.

Oh and round one is round robin, Mr. Capatain-Who-Knows-What-He's-Doing Sir. :D

Qualifiers are round 1 iirc.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Heh Aldaron I wrote pretty much the exact same thing but in a slightly nicer tone, and on the previous page.

Also well done TAY, I thought the captain was supposed to know the format of the tourney :P

Horrible flag lol, but I think the slogan is good.

And I'm as surprised at Rey being an alt as anybody, but I guess a tryout is a fair enough way to decide.

Pirika

O boxeador revolucionário
is an Artist Alumnus
For those who don't know, US Wests roster has been announced as well.

Also, I'd like to thank Pirika who has made great submissions for a bunch of teams. Really good work man, thanks a lot!
Thanks =)
I'm really enjoying designing those flags. When I get more ideas I'll post here.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Uh, for all saying i should have been in West roster, i appreciate it, but cut it. TAY and the guys clearly said that there were going to be tryouts, and that nobody had an assured place in the team. Unfortunately i missed the tryouts (i hate being grounded) and the captain made the desicion.

Good luck everyone =)

Qualifiers are round 1 iirc.
Here's the format page for this year: http://www.smogon.com/tournaments/worldcup/format

Qualifying Round

Not all 12 teams will qualify to actually play in the World Cup. Based on the results of the qualifying round, the top 8 teams will advance to the World Cup.
In this round, much like last year's tournament, players will be placed into groups of 4, where they will battle all three of their opponents.
Hey, maybe I should've been a captain afterall. Team Born in NZ then Grew Up in Hong Kong and Went Back to NZ will live once more!

edit: Rey, I'm sorry to hear that :(. Maybe someone in your team can be sick for a round or 2? :D

Im joining south, nagai.

I guess thats what second choices are for xD
lol Works out for everyone then I guess. I apologize to TAY for being rude. I guess activity is important in being a team mate. I'm just a Rey fanboy that's all :P.

edit: Thanks for reminding me Pugs. That is a pretty awesome flag. Might just use it.

My suggestion to Team Oceania Flag. I couldn't think a good phrase.

This didn't get nearly enough love. Great stuff, although I'm the biggest fan of the white background (no offence intended, it just doesn't stand out that much).

Also TAY is a scrub.:jump:

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
first off, i'd like to thank pirika for all these flags, they are great! I would invite you to try one for canada :) Canadian motifs include: beavers (bibarel!), hockey, "eh", hating azn, a maple leaf, etc

also, i forget who it was that asked, but this tournament will use the uber tier as it stands right now. This means the metagame will be the current metagame on the ou ladder, not suspect ladder, REGARDLESS of any changes. The metagame is locked from here on in.

Last of all, anyone who we have not tried out for team Canada and would like a battle, PLEASE either come to irc on irc.synirc.net channel #canada OR contact either myself or Gouki on the forums and shoddybattle to get in a battle. We will give anyone a fair look.

Pirika

O boxeador revolucionário
is an Artist Alumnus
I will try something for Canada later =) I've been thinking in the theme already.

Here the flag I made for Team USA West, think that people who like Pantera will enjoy.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
lol Works out for everyone then I guess. I apologize to TAY for being rude. I guess activity is important in being a team mate. I'm just a Rey fanboy that's all :P.
rey has fanboys.. since when :P

Anyway yeah, EM beat zorbees for a spot as our last sub, so US east is pretty much all decided, we just need kd's confirmation.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol it's fine dude we're just trash talkin' to get into the spirit of the games

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Now that we have a flag chosen, it's all but a matter of time before US Central takes this tournament by storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)