1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Round 1

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokemon' started by Jackal, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I wouldn't say it's so much a -lot- more than zero so much as it is -one- more than zero...
  2. Huntofthelion

Huntofthelion Live for the nights you can't remember
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Canadians can't do math, everyone knows that =P
  3. pai

pai

okay..let indra play.. (Y)?
  4. remlabmez

remlabmez @dacopboss
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

the beast is being held back
  5. Binabik

Binabik

1:0 vs pi face
    gg!
  6. pi face

pi face a
    is a Past SPL Winner

yeah, close match but some minor luck added a lot against me in the end. gg though
  7. Kinneas

Kinneas
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Me and Hip have arranged to play tomorrow. I'll keep looking for FM on IRC, but I haven't seen him recently. I'm sure we'll run in to each other sooner or later. Not seen Jlei2k at all so I'll drop him a PM now.
  8. Veteran In Love

Veteran In Love
    is a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 3 Champion

sigh, this is part of the reason why I've stopped playing tourneys. I just don't have the patience nor the time nor the empathy to spend hours people down to play games.

T-Lox said he'll be on in his PM at around 1-2 am a majority of the time, I went on a couple of days for some time and he wasn't anywhere to be found, quite frankly I have 8000 better things to do in my nightlife than wait for people to play a pokemon match.

If zerowing really really wanted to find me online that night Jackal said he was looking for me, he could've taken 30 seconds to open Shoddy Battle and found me. Easily. In fact I'm on right now. I'm not gonna download IRC, a program which I never use and almost caught a virus from, simply to find people

And lord knows where panamaxis is, he wins two battles and hides under alias all day thinking he'll get a pass. w/e

Anyway, I'm gonna re-send PMs to get more concrete times. In fact, I'm on right now. Fuck.
  9. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Are you crying?

There's no crying in pokemon.
  10. husk

husk
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

List of traits required to be a USA East player: no crying, no winning. End of list.
  11. Go10

Go10 Storm Vanguard !
    is a Tutor

i lost silentecho. GG
  12. Farmer

Farmer But I don't dry tears, I just aim at them on purpose
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Confirming win gg.
  13. Kinneas

Kinneas
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

lost to FM. Caught me at a bad time but I played shit tbh. gg
  14. FM

FM

Confirming win against Kinneas 5-0
  15. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

LOL
  16. mien

mien
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

I won against Garlic
    gg
  17. GARLIC

GARLIC

won against philip, shitty outrage crit :/
  18. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

Philip7086 vs. Garlic = Garlic, 1-0

GG man.
  19. JLei2k

JLei2k

Question regarding the points system. Say 2 people are tied for first place at a 2-1 record (any place for that matter) but one person has beaten the other. Would this still count as a 5pt/5pt split. Seems like the person who beat the other should have the tiebreaker and finish ahead. Nobody I've talked to can give me a clear answer so I'll ask here.
  20. Loki

Loki like seashells
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournamentis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Champion

yeah i asked shiv about this. there are no head to head tiebreakers, same record is always a split
  21. husk

husk
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

As you read: according to the rules it's a 5,5 split! Unless jackal changes the rules....

It's not like it is possible to have two 2-1 records with neither person having defeated the other. Meaning the split rule could only have been made with this scenario in mind.
  22. JLei2k

JLei2k

Thanks for answering so quickly. And I'll say that sucks and is counter intuitive. I really don't want to play another match in my division since aligning my time zone with Kinneas will be very difficult oh well we'll play on the weekend.
  23. JLei2k

JLei2k

Exactly since everybody plays everybody there will always be a person who has one over the other. I understand that split if its 3 guys with a 2-1 record and they shuffled loses between one another but if it's 2 guys then the person with the win should hold the tie breaker.
  24. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

And then 2 east players win as soon as you post.
  25. Huntofthelion

Huntofthelion Live for the nights you can't remember
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Nice.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)