1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Round 1

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokemon' started by Jackal, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GARLIC

GARLIC

won 5-0 against moutte, ggs@group
  2. mien

mien
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

I won against moutte
    gg
  3. skarm

skarm I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Haha. This was my favorite post out of the last several pages.
  4. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Headis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

Damn, 3-way-tie in my division, all because I misplayed the last move of my match -__-
  5. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I was set to play Sebastian when he sent me a message about 30 minutes ago, and I returned to see the message relatively soon after he sent it. But he has not replied to my response, nor has he on the Smogon server. I will be on tommorow; however, for the remainder of today, I will be watching two films back-to-back and will have no internet access throughout that time. Hopefully he will be available tommorow.
  6. Rag

Rag "aaaaaaaahhhh!"

Just got back home and I've made contact with Gotensan via PM.
  7. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

what would be counter intuitive would be rewarding people for not completing their battles..

Man, if you dont want to battle dont sign up for tournaments..

Have a nice day.
  8. reachzero

reachzero the pastor of disaster
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I defeated Bosgoed 3-0, gg.

Edit: I should point out, of course, that it was a lot closer to that, as the game really came down to the last turn.
  9. Bosgoed

Bosgoed

A bullet punch crit cost me the game in the end, but oh well, I lost to reach.
  10. locopoke

locopoke indulges in unsavory behavior
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Really?

I think not.
  11. Roizen

Roizen

Oh damn I just saw Taylor's post now. I was waiting on shoddy lol.

Well, I will be online tomorrow about the same time I was online today.

I communicated with Dormin via PM, but didn't see him online at shoddy yet :(

And AhrenElessedil didn't even answered my PM yet.
  12. Stallion

Stallion Joe Cool
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Finally put my real life shit behind me and beat Kevin Garrett 2-0 in a good clean game that really went down to the wire.

Ok that means I finish 2-1 equal with DL and Pirika (who I assume takes Mosh's loss). I could have potentially gone 3-0 if I was thinking straight but thats pokemon and Pirika really did play well.

Cmon fellow Oceanians, lets do this!
  13. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

Down to the wire indeed. GG I need to just forget about this round to come out strong in round 2.
  14. Pirika

Pirika O boxeador revolucionário
    is an Artist Alumnus

So DL, MS and me are tied with 2-1. The points will be distributed? Or there will be some kind of tiebreak?
  15. Stallion

Stallion Joe Cool

Seeing as Mosh lost to DL in your stead, I beat DL and I lost to you, there is no current way to break ties anyway. I think we just split the points.
  16. Pirika

Pirika O boxeador revolucionário
    is an Artist Alumnus

So, we 3 wil receive 4 points, rigth?
  17. animenagai

animenagai
    is a Past WCoP Winner

The points will be divided equally, ie. the 3 of you will all get 4 points each (equal to the points you get for getting 2nd).

Good job MS! I've only heard parts of what's happening irl with you, but either way I'm proud that you can stay strong! 2nd isn't half bad (or I would be dissing myself :P).
  18. ToF

ToF
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 13 Champion

Yes, and there is no tie-break system in this round. If you have the same record as others in your pairing, you split the points. In this case, there is a three way tie for first, meaning 6+4+2 points are divided among 3 people. Thats 4 points for you each.
  19. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

im liking how people are answering other peoples questions without me, looks like some people actually do read the format page haha :)

yes a three way 2-1 tie is 4 points each.

i will update this in the morning.
  20. Kinneas

Kinneas
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I beat Hipmonlee. gg
  21. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Confirming!

Have a nice day.
  22. Stallion

Stallion Joe Cool

Hip was ridiculously luckfucked :(

Ah well our collective team luck has to turn around sometime. Right?
  23. 6A9 Ace Matador

6A9 Ace Matador veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE

Australians seem to be complaining a lot lately. It would be nice if they could back it up with some wins!
  24. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I spent a few hours on all the relavent IRC channels and Smogon University Server Thursday, basically all of Friday, and will spend all of today on them as well. So hopefully I'll catch some of my opponent's today as they weren't on / didn't contact me if they saw me the past two days.
  25. Stallion

Stallion Joe Cool

We are fine in the win department despite some of us experiencing some bad luck. Don't worry about us, worry about making sure you personally get some wins of your own Ace.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)