The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
I lost to Metang With. Hax was involved, but im not gonna bother complaining. GG man.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For those wondering how their teams are faring in terms of "guaranteed points" here's a spreadsheet I cooked up.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=rTr__SNcbp90f6VuiqYppLg&output=html

For those too lazy to look at the spreadsheet, I just looked through the pairings and found the minimum amount of points that any one player can win as of current battles taken place (meaning I assume they lose the remainder of their battles, or battles go a certain way that they tie and get the least amount of points possible)

Here are the current standings in terms of guaranteed points.

UK - 26
Metro - 24
West - 22
South - 19
Oceania - 18
Central - 17
Canada - 15
Asia - 15
Germany - 15
France - 14
Europe - 14
East - 12
Latin America - 6
Italy - 3

It's also interesting to note how many battles have actually taken place per country. For example, East and Germany both have done 20/24 battles, which means their point totals are fairly set as of now, but certain teams like Latin America have very few actual completed matches, so their potential is pretty high.

LN, you're amazing, but you're also amazing at getting small mathematical errors :D.

Based on your spreadsheet, Asia should have 14, Latin America should have 6, the west should have 22 and Oceania 18.

Man you scared me there :D

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Now with more "max potential" (also thanks people for pointing out where I was wrong. I appreciate it)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=rTr__SNcbp90f6VuiqYppLg&output=html

These are assuming each team sweeps the rest of their battles!

Interesting notes: East / Germany both have a maximum potential < UK's minimum potential meaning UK is guaranteed 12th in the tournament as of right now! (Metro is guaranteed 13th as it has more than East's maximum potential). Also, West, even though it is already done with 20/24 battles, STILL has a great potential max score of 35. Here's the rundown of who has the greatest potential for a turnaround at this point.

UK - 40 (+14)
Canada - 38 (+23)
South - 35 (+16)
Central - 35 (+18)
West - 35 (+13)
Metro - 34 (+10)
Latin America - 34 (+28!!!!)
France - 32 (+18)
Italy - 32 (29!!!!)
Oceana - 31 (+13)
Asia - 31 (+16)
Europe - 30 (+16)
Germany - 29 (+14)
East - 21 (+9)

East and Germany have the lowest chance for a turnaround, and Latin America / Italy could come back any time now (need more battles to determine their likely final score).

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
yeah VIL doesn't deserve to be subbed out or anything IMO, I've recieved two PMs from him, we've been trying to schedule a time to play.

Yeah booooooyyyy! EW is still Dr. Awesome ^^

On the subject of VIL, I've actually bumped into him a few times in the past week. Talked about pokes too. I expect the match to be done soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)