The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Semi Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Amazing job TAY, I've said many times that I would live and die by TAY, I'm glad he came through for us, but I didn't expect any less from him.

Same goes for LD, the only person I trusted to sub for me last round.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Shiv, what I'm saying is that even if on paper you were 4th or 5th, that you are obviously much better then that base off your current tourney record.

And unlucky pana :(, I wish to see the log if possible
Hmm. I don't want to say anything insulting to super nice pana, but as an observer in the battle, I felt that late game Pana made one big mistake which actually directly would have been the difference between losing and victory.

So even if you're not referring to hax, I don't think Pana played as well as he could have >_>

No offense to pana ^_^

EDIT: Yea, I actually mean 2 big mistakes, but one was an action needing to occur because of the other.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I agree with everyone pretty much.

Twist played better (and I agree with Aladron here, I didn't play my best. I don't take any offense at all you are right!)

But anyway, Twist was the better player in the match, he won, hats off to him. So could we drop this please (especially in relation to MS, I think you guys may be taking his post the wrong way)? Just wanted to say I don't think MS was referring to hax or anything when he said "unlucky pana" (i don't even think there was any hax at all) I say that when my teammate loses in tennis and there isn't really luck in that.

Anyway, congrats to TAY and don't count Oceania out just yet!

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I have arranged one last time with OGBallin, so we'll see how that goes. I understand stuff has been pretty hectic for him lately, but we're doing our best to get this done. We're going to be hanging around for as long as we can tomorrow to get this done.

In the meantime, go alive!

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i will sort this out tomorrow, i have had mafia on my plate 24/7 the past week pretty much but now that it is out and running I can work on this, sort it out and move onto the finals :D

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I agree with everyone pretty much.

Twist played better (and I agree with Aladron here, I didn't play my best. I don't take any offense at all you are right!)

But anyway, Twist was the better player in the match, he won, hats off to him. So could we drop this please (especially in relation to MS, I think you guys may be taking his post the wrong way)? Just wanted to say I don't think MS was referring to hax or anything when he said "unlucky pana" (i don't even think there was any hax at all) I say that when my teammate loses in tennis and there isn't really luck in that.

Anyway, congrats to TAY and don't count Oceania out just yet!
Thankyou, there is no fucking need to jump down my throat like that or be a complete fucking asshole about it like Jabba in #metro. Seriously, you take personal attacks to that level when I wasn't even belittling or trashtalking your team, I was merely showing my support for pana as outlined above (as he said, there wasn't even any hax in the match lol). It's asshole behaviour like this from a few prominent metro players which make me want to leave pokemon forever...or in the very least question why I play it.

Anyway on lighter topics,

@Shiv - yeah fair enough I know what you meant :).

Also congrats to TAY. LoveDestiny, if you could post what time you're playing in the thread that'd be good as I'm sure alot of people would like to watch it :). Same with you Bk/OgBallin and alive, your battles would also be really interesting to watch and important for Oceania obviously.

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
umm MS, you're just being immature and stupid by insulting jabba, no one on metro cursed you out :)

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Absolutely right, Reverb.

[20:37:06] * Now talking in #metro
[20:37:06] * Topic is '"I take risks and it pays off people" -MS Aug 2, 2009 | "pana happened to play pretty well but was just outplayed on the day, hence the unlucky part" - MS August 11, 2009| Mysterious Retard is the dumbest motherfucker in the entire world. | ReVeRb is now a large fan of Christian Rock, pm him if you want to'
[20:37:06] * Set by JabbaTheGriffin!~chatzilla@very.neat.monster on Wed Aug 12 05:47:15

How petty can you guys be? Honestly ...

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
okay well in all fairness, when MS haxed KG and denied it, the mysterious retard thing was added, and when that happened MS started attacking jabba who responded, both posts were deleted though, in more accordance with this time, no one cursed him out, but also, if it werent MS saying what he said about the twist/pana match it would prbably be ignored, but all of metro is exremely irked by MS at the moment since he played KG

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I never even denied haxing KG lol I even apologised to him, I just said it didn't single handedly determine the game. Seriously, fuck just cause I irked you because I got some luck and didn't say it was the only reason I won, doesn't mean you or any of you other metro players have the fucking right to do this Reverb. (And the whole deleted post thing was an overreaction on my side I'll admit, but jabbas comment "this is the worst match I have ever seen" in response to my two instances of hax really irked me as unsportsmanlike, not to mention his retaliation).

In any case we are still up 4-2, and despite you guys doing your very best to leech any enjoyment out of pokemon for me possible, I will just let my battling do the talking from here on out.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just dropping by again to say I was joking, luck is part of the game, who cares, I hope I didn't come off line I was jumping down your throat lol

I think both of our teams shouldn't be quite as competitive, the tourney is for fun, we all already know I'm the best

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
hi can you all shut the fuck up.

you guys have made me change my mind about trashtalking. it used to be fun and done in good spirits, look at asia and canada. you guys have ruined it and anyone stepping out of line in this thread from now on will be infracted for it by a tournament director.

thanks.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
whoa what i change the topic to in #metro is SECRET

obviously i only change the topic to such HATEFUL and ASSHOLISH things to rile up the troops it's the job of a good captain. if we have a personal vendetta to fulfill (beat the shit out of any team with MS, or anyone that looks like him) then we'll play that much stronger.

yes

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
at least people are taking it seriously, and honestly some hatred inside the tournament (not outside) isn't necessarily a bad thing, as jabba said it does rile people up, but by all means keep it out of the thread.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
FUCKING MS, STOP POSTING IN THE THREAD. you always seem to have drama circling around you... Mysterious isn't it? X(

(inter-mono-logging non-mod matty talking)

MS and Nagai if you could get on irc please, there is some stuff I'd like to talk with you guys about :).

Jabba and I are doing this thing at 9 est, maybe 10 if he is still out on the courts.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah that was an awesome battle. that's what i get for using the same team all tourney though.

sorry metro for letting you guys down i should have been smarter than that.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
alive said:
MS and Nagai if you could get on irc please, there is some stuff I'd like to talk with you guys about :).
i think we know what he wanted nagai and ms for though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)