1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Semi Finals

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokemon' started by Jackal, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Headis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

Confirming, GG.

Sorry team :(
  2. Duskie

Duskie Boats n Hoes

Fuck it, we still got this.We're gonna take you biznatches into OT. :b
  3. SoT

SoT Yes please!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

we'll take option 3 >____>
  4. mohaji

mohaji

USA West vs. Asia

scofield v. VIL
    Warthog v. Lady Bug
    SoT v. husk
    Duskie v. imperfectluck
    LoveDestiny v. Stalefish
    TAY v. itachi109
    Philip7086 v. Sarenji
    romeojustdie v. Magmortified

So Asia will win this and go to the final

Oceania vs. USA Metro

Antique Roadshow v. reachzero
    Earthworm v. Reverb
    animenagai v. august
    Blue Kirby v. OGBallin
    Junior v. Jimbo
    panamaxis v. Twist of Fate
    Hipmonlee v. JabbaTheGriffin

USA Metro for Winner of the World Cup of Pokemon!
  5. moot

moot

asia/ocn final you heard it here first

finally i can post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Magmortified

Magmortified <b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Asia wins it all, but I didn't need to tell you that. :D
  7. MegaKick

MegaKick

not a member of any team but go USA WEST!
  8. Lady Bug

Lady Bug 銀時 ☆彡 King of the Dessert ☆彡 銀時
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Won vs Warthog is a very close game.
  9. SoT

SoT Yes please!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

haha come on tay. -.-
  10. Warthog

Warthog
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

gg bro.

gl to Tay!
  11. august

august free the robots
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournament

Got a PM from Nagai on IRC but I must have been afk or something
  12. COCKBLOCK

COCKBLOCK

Trashtalking in Pokemon -_- Seriously? Damn, it's not just Pokemon, it's life. Tip: Be as much of a dick as you want lol, it's always funny seeing someone be a dick towards someone else who bitches about luck or about their loss in general in a Pokemon game. But, irrelevant to my real intended post. V

Anyway, sorry to Shiv for causing this controversy. It was an honest mistake on both of our (Lady Bug) parts. But if I have to be replaced, just simply get DawnBringer in there. Because I'm sure Lady Bug won't be able to find anyone else, plus DB was the one I replaced anyway. Except if Light-Kun/Indra comes back then he should get the spot.
  13. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Stalefish, no hard feelings, I understand man. Anyway, I'm going to update everyone on this situation:

Stalefish is not asian and thus, cannot play for Asia. This happened in a lot of mitigating circumstances and I don't want to take any action against either Stalefish OR Lady_bug (who subbed him in). Except of course, subbing Stalefish out of the tournament.

This brings up an interesting turn of events though, Stalefish beat bosgoed last round and Asia qualified 5-3 so if bosgoed had won it would've been a tiebreaker. For this reason, I'm leaving the option to Canada to go back and rematch this game. If Asia lose this game as well as the tiebreaker, Canada would replace us this round.

This is obviously upto Canada, I'll wait to hear from Jackal on it. From what he told me last, they didn't want the rematch but he thought Asia should be penalized.

So another option that people mentioned were giving West a win for the match vs Stalefish, thus penalizing Asia while not having to go back and do a rematch. Let me make myself clear, I am completely against this and do not want to see it happen. Its simply because this issue happened between the Asia-Canada matchup, West wasn't involved. I don't want to see West profiting from Canada's misfortune.

Additionally, supposedly a LOT of you knew of this beforehand. I'm fucking pissed that none of you even told us about it.

Lastly, I'd like people to keep in mind that even Canada went and let Bob play in WC 2 KNOWING he wasn't Canadian. Even jrrrr played for them though in that case they didn't know he wasn't Canadian TILL later. I got to know this from Jackal himself recently so keeping that in mind, I find it sad that we'll be penalized for bringing this to everyone's notice as soon as we heard of it rather than sweeping it under the rug as others have done before.

If they don't want a rematch and Asia is completely "let off the hook" I'd like to maintain that this shit won't fly from here on ever in the world cup. If we're just going to join whatever team we want, this isn't a world cup anymore. I know my own team fucked up, but it was while completely in the dark, and we're ready to give a rematch if they so desire. I hope that should be enough for everyone.
  14. Veteran In Love

Veteran In Love
    is a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 3 Champion

dude seriously

hahaha I read all this shit and everyone is TRIPPING

so what's next on the agenda
  15. Warthog

Warthog
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

so whats going on? That's all I want to know. This is all so damn confusing.
  16. Stallion

Stallion I get so much action, my name should be a verb
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

If I were Canada I'd be pretty furious lol. However, letting Canada have a rematch would set back this tournament 5 matches that have already been completed, so it's kind of a tough one to decide. Moving on and subbing him out is probably the better option.
  17. Aldaron

Aldaron All da lil birdies chirpin
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

Uh, if you were Canada you would remember 2 years of knowingly adding members on your team who weren't Canadian, lol.

Anyway, I don't really have an issue with what happened; you can't expect the checks to be perfect. I agree that West shouldn't benefit from Canada's misfortune though.

I like Shiv's proposal: Canada has a chance for to redo the match, and if it chooses not to, we simply sub out stalefish.
  18. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

To make it clear, we're waiting on a decision by the Canadian captain, Jackal, as to whether they want a rematch.
  19. Jimbo

Jimbo take me anywhere
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I won against Junior in a nerve-wracking game. Gg Junior!
  20. animenagai

animenagai
    is a Past WCoP Winner

Argh, that's too bad Jr. But hey, Jimbo's good.

On the whole canada/asia business, I have no problems with the decision shiv has made (to give the power to Jackal). It's a bit annoying considering all the games that have been played since then, but that's better than looking back and asking 'what if', jeoperdising the prestige of this competition. So yeah, I like the move.

To August: I just happened to be online when AR saw you on IRC, so I figured it'll be easier that way than to plan a match. It was just a nice coincidence. Let's try to get the match done soon eh?
  21. Kinneas

Kinneas
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Have Metro won yet?
  22. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

no and they will not!
  23. august

august free the robots
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournament

fixed.
  24. Brawley

Brawley
    is a Past WCoP Winner

Damn stalefish and his tournament stopping tricks >_>. GL metro and Asia.
  25. Stallion

Stallion I get so much action, my name should be a verb
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

ahh this "fixed" crap is getting too old, next person who says it should be thrown under a train lol.

And unlucky junior dw we'll get this :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)