The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Semi Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
That was an amazing match, EW was really in a hole and had only one shot to get out of it, and he made it!!! GG both

That match was insane. Rev was up something like 4-1 at one point, but EW had a clear path once he took out the only counter to what eventually swept.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Not me.

Sorry guys, but I cant do it. Good luck, I'll be following closely!

Also wd earthworm!

Have a nice day.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So will we be seeing a lot of warstories after the World Cup is done, and Asia have won again?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Erazor, we would love to warstory our matches with asia next round, but a bunch of 6-0s and 5-0s to Oceania wouldn't be that interesting to readers.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
thats just what everyone hopes for.. fact is, they're just whiny because asia have kicked all their asses... multiple times.

this will be the only time I participate in WC trash talk, so this is what I have to say:

Oceania/Metro/West are probably the two best teams loaded with talent, pretty much chock full of the up and coming hotshots of the last two years. So props to both of you, you guys definitely did manage to come up with teams that are capable of winning it all this year.

But anyway, I would say that this year Asia is probably the 4th/5th best team in WC, seeing as DP isn't even our best metagame for half of our team. Also to add our problems, our team captain goofball dropped out and Aeroblacktyl/MoP, one of the key staples of the Asian team, bailed out of what he thought was a sinking ship. No one wanted to give us a fair shake.
Everyone counted us out each round.

But when it's all said and done, we're still in the thick of things. We're still scratching and clawing our way to the win, and even though it's just a game of pokemon, the resilience of our squad is, to say the least, inspiring to me. This is one of the few events I actually care about, and watching everyone else dominate has motivated me to work on my own game.

In any event, I'd just like to say that I'm proud of each and every member of Team Asia, from the oldies like husk/IPL to the newer half like Lady Bug/Magmortified/Sarenji/itachi who showed up with big wins when we needed them. Props to Shiv who is definitely the rallying "voice" of our team as well.

It's been a privilege being on team Asia, and I am looking forward to some epic matches ahead.

Stallion

Tree Young
Vil even if you guys are "4th or 5th best", that is only on paper. Fact is you're obv higher then that if you're on the verge of making the finals over the number 1 seed no less. That and you somehow attempt to make asia sound like underdogs when you've won ever year :P. Despite this, thanks for the team mention, that was the most heartfelt post in the thread and spoken with true class :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)