The World Cup of Pokemon - Round Two

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokemon' started by Jackal, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Picollo

Picollo

thats not chosing by team members though..

the dicission was against the rules.

ok last comment..iam not a thread bumber or a flamer..just wanted to comment this like a free man..and i think i can write this without beeing seen as a n00b.

k.
  2. Lexay

Lexay <b>I could be boned!</b>
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yeah, I was mad for a second too especially because I gave up my whole Sunday waiting on PokeRealm, only to be PM'ed by fuckers every five minutes telling me that I don't belong there, and then when I eat and go to a friend, come back one hour after the so-called deadline (without signing off, just idling), to figure out it's all over already. But meh that's how it went, can't do nothing about it.

edit: BTW, Siphai told me he was playing BLJ when I was gone, and he was a sub for our team. So I'm wondering why he had to stop playing, and you gave BLJ the win, Jackal? It's obvious peter_pan couldn't play BLJ since he already played Justin8649, but Siphai was a sub and could at least try to get the win for our team.
  3. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I was able to pull a 3-0 win over hk. gg man.
  4. Holyknight

Holyknight
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

other than being a bad game from the beginning i gave up playing after turn 3. Anyways gg, today was not my day as i told you in pm but i dont care

gg
  5. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

=( sorry you were having a bad day... but it's not like I got insanely lucky. The Houndoom switch-in was fortunate for me... but it's not like I ch'ed you to death.
  6. Holyknight

Holyknight
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

is ok no need for appologies. Since houndoom was my only cele counter after i switch to it and you switch to trio that same turn i was surprise. Since i couldnt do nothing to cele after doom dies. I did went completly unlucky with sleeptalk zapdos on your pert but i knew it was going to happen. Anyways i seem to be having the worst luck when it come to pokemon. Does netbattle hates me?
  7. Siphai

Siphai

The really bad thing about that was the fact that I was actually beating BLJ (although I'm not sure if he was trying or not). Once my Metagross got a CH kill on his Snorlax, and his team was being worn down, I thought that I would have a good chance at winning it.
  8. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Directoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

OK I am back from vacation. I understand people are upset or whatever but this is what happens when you dont get your battles done. You can't just sit around and not battle and then complain when I take action. It really is as easy as pm-ing your opponent and making a time, and then being there. The only person I sympathize with Lexay because he actually tried to be there, but he just got unlucky as BLJ signed on without even knowing about the deadline.

The reason Siphai's match didnt count was because it was already turn 15~ or so when I realized they were battling and I dont think BLJ was in tourney mode so to speak.

For anyone else upset, do your matches before the deadline and I won't have to do this. And give me some fucking credit at least I tried to form some kind of battles instead of just flipping coins.

In better news the site is almost done so you can expect that soon, because Anomalous is the best =D

Now get your battles done (send pm's) and I wont have to dq people =D
  9. Bugsy23

Bugsy23 "Lets go to sleep in Paris, and wake up in Tokyo"
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Lost to Roy. My Jynx missed a timely Lovely Kiss which completely screwed me over, but it's cool gg anyway.
  10. SSBM roy

SSBM roy

I won in a very fast-paced match. Lovely Kiss wasn't on his side, but gg Bugsy.
  11. Floppy

Floppy
    is a Pre-Contributor

husk; get at me
  12. Lexay

What do you mean by BLJ not being in tourney-mode? I only accept the cancel if Siphai is clearly going to tell me he did not tell BLJ that they were battling for the tourney before turn 1.

And to be honest, flipping coins would be more fair if you don't look at who's more active, and it would evade all the bullshit we have now, so just let's do that in the next rounds.
  13. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Directoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

That is the case, it was not decided as a tourney match before turn 1. They were just casually battling until I came in on turn 15 and suggested it as an idea. But I thought it would be stupid since the battle was already underway. I know if BLJ knew it was for the tourney he would have used his BP team.

And I don't know if it is just me but I find flipping coins ridiculous. If you can't battle in 14 days don't join a tournament.

Either way round one is done so lets drop it k.
  14. Life

Life

NVM: too late
  15. Warthog

Warthog
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

sorry team USA West but I lost 2-0 to Cromat but was splendid game like all my games are with him.
  16. Cromat

Cromat
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Amazing toe-to-toe match, very intense and also a clean match.
    gg man this was incredibly intense.

go asia
  17. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

yeah asia! We have already got 2 matches which were against the predictions so we should pull through now!

Also, the site wasn't much. You didn't know what you wanted so I just made a thing similar to sneak. Its tough getting jackal to decide!
  18. Black Leather Jacket

Black Leather Jacket

I use my bp teams in tournaments because I won't feel guilty or sad if I lose like I would if I used my favorite team. If I don't use a bp team I use some other team but never my favorites.

I was battling siphai but I had no idea but I didn't know people were thinking of turning it into a tourn match, I can't remeber what was going on but I think I would have one the match and I wasn't using my bp against this guy.
  19. Lexay

It's ok.
  20. gene

gene GENE
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

I won 5-0 lets go for an 8-0 sweep asia!!!
  21. david stone

david stone Fast-moving, smart, sexy and alarming.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I lost 5-0 with quite possibly the worst I have ever played in a tournament ever, including my first tournaments.
  22. Shiv

Shiv mostly harmless
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

awesome, 8-0 is in sight, lets hope something like last time doesnt happen again!
  23. SpaceFlare

SpaceFlare

Asia for the 8-0 sweep! w00t! Go Asia!
  24. husk

husk
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

awesome, floppy and I are meeting sometime soon
  25. Justin8649

Justin8649
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

lets see, Hypnosis missed for top the first 4 turns of the game and my TBolt from Zappy PARd the Gengar. So that basically ended the match.

I won with hax.

what a surprise.

gg ToP!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)