1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The World Cup of Pokemon V - Finals [Won by Oceania]

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokemon' started by Jackal, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Bug

    Lady Bug 銀時 ☆彡 King of the Dessert ☆彡 銀時
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2008
    Messages:
    1,236
  2. animenagai

    animenagai
    is a Past WCoP Winner

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2007
    Messages:
    1,215
    Stellar, my jira outran his luke and it died to lo recoil, so as long as I can live an extreme speed, it doesn't matter. lol there's a lot of convo going on about this match. Once again I apologise about the hax, and there's a lot more people have said about the different things that happened. Eh, I really don't know what more I can say.
  3. Indra

    Indra DACODBOSS
    is a Past WCoP Winner

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2008
    Messages:
    340
  4. Stone_Cold

    Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2007
    Messages:
    2,083
    Jirachi + Skarmory (SR on this side) vs Swampert + Crobat + Lucario + Starmie (SR + 2x Spikes on this side)

    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Adamant Lucario @ Life Orb
    252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe Timid Jirachi @ Leftovers
    4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Starmie @ Life Orb

    Jirachi switches into SR and is left at 93.75%
    Starmie switches in and its HP is inconsequential
    Starmie uses Hydro Pump and deals 52.2% - 61.9% (80% chance of Hydro Pump miss)
    Jirachi uses Calm Mind
    Jirachi recovers 6.25%
    Starmie uses Hydro Pump and deals 35.6% - 41.8% (80% chance of Hydro Pump miss)
    Jirachi uses Thunderbolt and kills Starmie
    Jirachi recovers 6.25%
    Jirachi is now at +1 SpA/SpD and is left at 2.3% - 18.2%

    Crobat switches in and dies to Psychic (33% chance of Crobat waking up since it slept one turn previously)

    Jirachi is now at 8.55% - 24.45%
    Lucario switches in and is at 78.125%

    Indra has three options:

    Option A: ExtremeSpeed
    vs Jirachi: 12.6% - 15.1%

    Option B: Swords Dance
    SD ES vs Jirachi: 25.5% - 30%
    SD CC vs Skarmory: OHKO

    Option C: Close Combat
    vs Skarmory: 2HKO with Leftovers

    nagai has two options:

    Option D: Psychic
    +1 Psychic vs -0 Lucario: 69.4% - 82.2%
    +0 Psychic vs -1 Lucario: 69.4% - 82.2%
    +0 Psychic vs -2 Lucario: OHKO after SR + Spikes

    Option E: switch to Skarmory

    Combinations:

    All win percentages after this point assume Hydro Pump didn’t miss, and that Crobat didn’t wake up. But they’re cumulative on top of each other within each scenario.

    AD – ExtremeSpeed on Psychic

    There’s a 58.8% chance of Jirachi surviving ExtremeSpeed [41.2% chance Indra wins]
    Lucario loses 10% to Life Orb recoil and is now at 68.125%
    There’s a 100% chance Lucario dies to +1 Psychic [58.8% chance nagai wins]

    Total for ES/Psychic: 41.2% Indra win, 58.8% nagai win

    AE – ExtremeSpeed on Skarmory switch

    Lucario takes LO recoil and is now at 68.125%
    Basically, if Lucario gets in against Skarmory, it can SD for free since Skarmory doesn’t have attacks. After SD, ES deals 25.5% - 30% to Jirachi. The most HP Jirachi can have when it faces Lucario is 24.45% (if it switches into Lucario as it uses SD, since then it takes SR but also gains Leftovers, as opposed to if it switches in after a death). This line results in a 100% win for Indra, so he just has to get Lucario a free turn against Skarmory.

    If he uses Swords Dance after Skarmory switches into ExtremeSpeed, he wins. If Skarmory doesn’t Whirlwind, Close Combat will OHKO Skarmory and ExtremeSpeed will KO Jirachi. If Skarmory uses Whirldwind, Swampert just has to let itself get Whirlwinded out again. Lucario will take 7/32 from 2 Spikes + SR three times throughout the entire game (switch in vs Jirachi, switch in after Swampert gets hit by Whirlwind, switch in after Swampert dies), which puts it at well over enough HP to attack twice.

    Total for ES/Skarmory: 100% Indra win

    BD – Swords Dance on Psychic

    Lucario is at 78.125% when it switches in and Psychic deals 69.4% - 82.2%, which means Lucario has a 31.8% chance of surviving [68.2% nagai win]
    If Lucario survives, it dies the next turn to Life Orb recoil. With the extra turn of Leftovers recovery, Jirachi has 14.8% - 30.7%, while ExtremeSpeed deals 25.5% - 30%, which is a 4.4% chance to survive. nagai cannot switch to Skarmory to sponge ES since Swampert will stall itself out of Psychic KO range if it gets in for free. So nagai has to keep in Jirachi, and if it survives, nagai wins. [1.4% nagai win]
    If it doesn’t, Indra wins. [30.4% Indra win]

    Total for SD/Psychic: 30.4% Indra win, 69.6% nagai win

    BE – Swords Dance on Skarmory switch

    Covered above. [100% Indra win]

    Total for SD/Skarmory: 100% Indra win

    CD – Close Combat on Psychic

    As covered above, Lucario has a 31.8% chance of surviving Psychic and setting up the Swampert vs Skarmory endgame. [31.8% Indra win]
    If it doesn’t survive Psychic Jirachi sweeps. [68.2% nagai win]

    Total for CC/Psychic: 31.8% Indra win, 68.2 nagai win

    CE – Close Combat on Skarmory switch

    Same as ES/Skarmory. [100% Indra win]

    Total for ES/Skarmory: 100% Indra win

    Summary:

    If nagai switches to Skarmory and Indra plays correctly, he has a 100% win. Therefore nagai should use Psychic. Under this scenario, Indra has a 41.2% chance of winning if he uses ExtremeSpeed, 30.4% chance of winning if he uses Swords Dance, and a 31.8% chance of winning if he uses Close Combat.

    The equilibrium position is for nagai to use Psychic and Indra to use ExtremeSpeed, which means nagai wins 58.8% of the time and Indra wins 41.2% of the time.

    This was assuming both Hydro Pump hit Jirachi, and that Crobat did not wake up.

    There’s a 64% chance for both Hydro Pumps to hit Jirachi, which translates into a 36% chance for nagai to win off the bat.

    There’s a 33% chance for Crobat to wake up, which would only help if both Hydro Pump hit, which translates into a 21% chance for Indra to win.

    If Hydro Pump hits and Crobat doesn’t wake up, that leaves the 58.8% / 41.2% split, which gives overall chances of 25% nagai win and 18% Indra win.

    So from the position of roughly full HP Jirachi vs roughly full HP Starmie, there’s a 61% chance for nagai to win and a 39% chance for Indra to win. This doesn’t take into critical hits… so let’s just say the game was decided on a Jirachi Iron Head flinch roll :).
  5. Atticus

    Atticus Atticus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentis a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2007
    Messages:
    1,385
    what the fuck
  6. whistle

    whistle
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

    Joined:
    Jan 18, 2009
    Messages:
    1,685
    hahaha what a goddamn nerd
  7. Stone_Cold

    Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2007
    Messages:
    2,083
    [​IMG]
  8. LonelyNess

    LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2007
    Messages:
    3,411
    Go Fock Yoorsolf?
  9. Max

    Max yadig
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2007
    Messages:
    1,378
    that was awesome
  10. Stallion

    Stallion Winner of the "Smogon's Prettiest Girl of All Time" comp
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2006
    Messages:
    5,172
    I don't know who I love more, nagai or whistle! Stone the thief.
  11. jumpluff

    jumpluff you stare right through me
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2008
    Messages:
    6,167
    YEAH EW!!!!!!
  12. animenagai

    animenagai
    is a Past WCoP Winner

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2007
    Messages:
    1,215
    lol For the record this wasn't my idea.

    FUCK YEAH WORMS@@!
  13. Earthworm

    Earthworm
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 6 Champion

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2007
    Messages:
    2,649
    Won against Sarenji at like 7AM his time (he didn't sleep I think) after making him wait an hour and a half... gg and sorry about everything.
  14. Aldaron

    Aldaron All da lil birdies chirpin
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2007
    Messages:
    4,382
    ^ FUK WORMS

    as some dumass once said...
  15. Arctic Eclipse

    Arctic Eclipse

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2009
    Messages:
    357
    FUCK WORMS AND GO BROWN!
  16. Indra

    Indra DACODBOSS
    is a Past WCoP Winner

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2008
    Messages:
    340
    BS HAX



    yo we were down 3-4 round 1, 2-0 semifinals


    this isn't anything new just for all you niggas who think we ded
  17. Blue Kirby

    Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2007
    Messages:
    2,841
    I'll take an A!!!
  18. Mekkah

    Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2005
    Messages:
    14,023
    fack bluekirby, goceania
  19. Malfunction

    Malfunction

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2007
    Messages:
    1,557
  20. Heist

    Heist
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

    Joined:
    Mar 27, 2009
    Messages:
    1,321
    won in an enjoyable match vs Malfunction and for the first time this round there was no hax.

    gg
  21. Badal

    Badal Shit
    is a Contributor Alumnus

    Joined:
    Nov 24, 2009
    Messages:
    1,911
    Sorry EW but
    |
    V

    - :heart: Team Brown mascot
  22. BIG loven

    BIG loven Not so little anymore

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2009
    Messages:
    937
    Damn a shitload of battles went down while I wasn't on..... GO BROWN

    EDIT: Figures Light-Kun would lose to hax and ONLY hax
  23. matty

    matty I did stuff along time ago
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2008
    Messages:
    290
    I'm just gonna throw this out there but maybe we should give Stone a "Mouth Trophy" because he certainly has kept this entire tournament more interesting with his macropics/amazing rants.

    :heart:

    Just saying...
  24. Stone_Cold

    Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2007
    Messages:
    2,083
    [​IMG]
  25. Stellar

    Stellar dreams and adventure
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2008
    Messages:
    3,506
    makiri curse is strong..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)