1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The World Cup of Pokemon V - Round 1

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokemon' started by Jackal, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rewer

Rewer
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

lost to bt 2-0 gg

iam the worst
  2. Duskie

Duskie Boats n Hoes

Yea we'll work something out.
  3. -Mind-

-Mind-

i won, gg
  4. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

no you didn't "win"

you abused a glitch. i said to play on because if the glitch didn't matter either way i wasn't going to take a win i didn't deserve. however granted your blatant abuse of the glitch directly resulted in a win that wouldn't have been yours had you not abused it, there is no way i'm going to say you won that game.

i'm going to talk to shiv and jackal and wait for their ruling like you should do before claiming a win you glitched out.
  5. -Mind-

-Mind-

k w/e im not gonna bitch
  6. jumpluff

jumpluff you stare right through me
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Just a note that in the last Official Smogon Tournament, the same thing happened to a player and they were not given the win because of the glitch. I hope that the hosts will consider this ruling precedent when deciding what should happen.
  7. JabbaTheGriffin

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

However most recent precedent was Bad Ass/Lonelyness in SPL where lonelyness was given the option to rematch bad ass which he didn't take. Although that was a situation where the match was up in the air prior to the glitch.

However in this situation, without the additional damage granted through the glitch I win the match.

Also take into account this is indeed the third time this has happened in a major tournament. Players by now should just know not to be retards and not abuse what is now a very known glitch.

Also add in Aeolus's recent ruling of "players can't waive rules, they exist for a reason" if you want to get extremely technical...
  8. Blue_Tornado

Blue_Tornado

To be completely honest, I for one have never heard of this glitch, and I'm sure others haven't too. If this is such a "known glitch", maybe making it official so more people actually know about it is a good idea? Maybe make some sort of ruling or announcement? Since when someone doesn't really know about a glitch it's hard to blame him.

(Then again, I have no idea if mind knew about this or not)
  9. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

As I said in the battle, there is no need for discussion beyond what happened. Jackal/Shiv will make the call here, it's their tournament.

As far as I'm concerned, there's something to say for playing within the rules/mechanics of the emulator. There's precedents for both sides of the coin. I don't see the most recent precedent or the least recent one mattering, as they are both different tournaments.
  10. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

In that case, I want the win for the glitch abuse you showed me. I mean, there is no way you could have won a speed tie, me miss my 70% accuracy move, AND crit me at the last second all in a row...I call shenanigans.
  11. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

This glitch is bigger than this one tournament and definitely needs an official policy. I understand the rules state "Don't abuse glitches" but that is slightly different as a glitch is something that is not functionally working (ie the clock freezing, the fly glitch) as opposed to something that was coded in a functional way but just not according to the carts.

This will be worked out between the TDs and an official policy will be set in stone. Until then carry on.

Some interesting precedents have been set, but none of them are to my liking, especially since they were not consistent with each other.

I don't want to hear any more arguing in this thread about this issue. Carry on :)
  12. Kinneas

Kinneas
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Lost to Light-Kun.
  13. Indra

Indra DACODBOSS
    is a Past WCoP Winner

beat kinneas in a fun game
  14. reachzero

reachzero the pastor of disaster
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I defeated supermarth64 in a gg!
  15. supermarth64

supermarth64 Here I stand in the light of day
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Lost vs reachzero 3-0.

He had his game face on.
  16. apologies

apologies
    is a Past SPL Winner

yea i was camping, ill def get some games done since i see stone/pluff on irc pretty frequently.
  17. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

I won against CTI. gg
  18. CTI

CTI black

lost vs kg
  19. JabbaTheGriffin

lost 1-0 to atticus in an extremely haxy battle on both sides. like really really bad. hate battles like that :/

oh and it was really boring too lol
  20. Atticus

Atticus Atticus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentis a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

long, boring, haxy etc, gg
  21. Bad Ass

Bad Ass
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a GS2 Winner

uh, we were going to rematch but lonelyness said he couldn't because his grandfather died. if that hadn't happened, we were doing a rematch. just fyi...
  22. WhiteQueen

WhiteQueen boner dethroner
    is a SPL Winner

Defeated _Flygon_ 4-0, gg.
  23. _Flygon_

_Flygon_

pokemon gg
  24. ENZ0

ENZ0
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

I lost against stath, gg.
  25. Stathakis

Stathakis I hax people in real life
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Field Ranger

I beat enzo in a very interesting game that without a little bit of luck would have been much more interesting

gg
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)