The World Cup of Pokemon V - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
With that battle complete, the first seven seeds are set in stone:

1) USA West
2) ISGME
3) UK
4) Latin America
5) Brazil
6) Europe
7) USA Metro

With Canada, Oceania and USA East all tied for the 8) spot.

How this will work is each of the above 3 teams will submit one battler to do a tiebreak. They will all battle each other.

Canada vs Oceania
Canada vs East
East vs Oceania

If any team wins 2 games, they are in. If each team wins 1 game, then each team will have to nominate a second tiebreak battler and this process will start over again with new battlers.

Best of luck to the other two teams. I would like your tiebreaker battler PMed to me as soon as possible so we can get this started.

I am also still waiting for rosters from: ISMGE, Metro.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Might as well just skip the tie breakers and give the #1 seed a bye, it'll save us all a bit of time!

Predicting tie break players for now: Earthworm...Gouki...kd24?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Might as well just skip the tie breakers and give the #1 seed a bye, unless Oceania win (in which case we'll forefit) it'll save us all a bit of time either way.

Predicting tie break players for now: Earthworm...Gouki...kd24?
Go WORMS!!

Jackal

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Posting to thank all 7 Captains whose teams are already in the next round for getting me their rosters. I also want to thank Fabbles for getting Easts information to me.

I have contacted team Oceania and they seem to need more time. I will be generous but not too generous, so I am expecting a decision by when I get back home from work tomorrow, about 3pm EST. If I don't have one I will be very angry as I greatly dislike holding up an entire tournament to wait for one persons action. (Especially in a scenario that was looking likely from as long as a week ago and probably should have been given some thought).

ANYWAYS, I hate being rude but that is that. All three tiebreak players are under the same time constraints so there is no advantage or disadvantage to any of them.

I hope these battles can happen tomorrow, and I wish good luck to all those involved.

haha since US West got the #1 seed, that means when we win vs the #8 seed, we will either get Latin America and ReyHaxFace or the fucking brazilians. This is GREAT!

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
You want to know what I think rude is Jackal? I think rude is badgering me at 3am when I haven't had the chance to even talk to my team yet, and in all likelihood shouldn't have even been around to answer you. I don't know how you guys operate, but I don't just make big decisions and force my team to live with them. I can't believe you honestly think 12 extra hours to get ourselves sorted is being generous. My my, aren't you going out of your way to spoil Oceania this year, giving us time to communicate while we're all awake.

And no, we don't have an automatic "tiebreak guy" because I think multiple members on the squad are more than capable of stepping up to the plate. You'll have to excuse me for wanting to see how they all feel and make the best decision for my team instead of rushing into the tiebreak. If we happen to pick Earthworm, then awesome, but it's because of what the team discussed rather than just defaulting back to him. It's not as if everyone else can't use this 12 hours to make any last minute changes to their teams or get some practice in, so I fail to see this big advantage you seem to be implying we're getting from your "generosity".

Jackal

Alright so the official tiebreaker matches go as follows:

Earthworm vs Gouki
Gouki vs Stone_Cold
Stone_Cold vs Earthworm

let's get these done in timely fashion and remember, if everyone wins 1 game I need all the teams to submit another battler, so start thinking about that possibility now!

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
won the battle but lost to the rng. wraps up my playing career nicely. good luck and have fun all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)