The World Cup of Pokemon V - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
no you didn't "win"

you abused a glitch. i said to play on because if the glitch didn't matter either way i wasn't going to take a win i didn't deserve. however granted your blatant abuse of the glitch directly resulted in a win that wouldn't have been yours had you not abused it, there is no way i'm going to say you won that game.

i'm going to talk to shiv and jackal and wait for their ruling like you should do before claiming a win you glitched out.

Just a note that in the last Official Smogon Tournament, the same thing happened to a player and they were not given the win because of the glitch. I hope that the hosts will consider this ruling precedent when deciding what should happen.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
However most recent precedent was Bad Ass/Lonelyness in SPL where lonelyness was given the option to rematch bad ass which he didn't take. Although that was a situation where the match was up in the air prior to the glitch.

However in this situation, without the additional damage granted through the glitch I win the match.

Also take into account this is indeed the third time this has happened in a major tournament. Players by now should just know not to be retards and not abuse what is now a very known glitch.

Also add in Aeolus's recent ruling of "players can't waive rules, they exist for a reason" if you want to get extremely technical...

To be completely honest, I for one have never heard of this glitch, and I'm sure others haven't too. If this is such a "known glitch", maybe making it official so more people actually know about it is a good idea? Maybe make some sort of ruling or announcement? Since when someone doesn't really know about a glitch it's hard to blame him.

(Then again, I have no idea if mind knew about this or not)

As I said in the battle, there is no need for discussion beyond what happened. Jackal/Shiv will make the call here, it's their tournament.

As far as I'm concerned, there's something to say for playing within the rules/mechanics of the emulator. There's precedents for both sides of the coin. I don't see the most recent precedent or the least recent one mattering, as they are both different tournaments.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Just a note that in the last Official Smogon Tournament, the same thing happened to a player and they were not given the win because of the glitch. I hope that the hosts will consider this ruling precedent when deciding what should happen.

In that case, I want the win for the glitch abuse you showed me. I mean, there is no way you could have won a speed tie, me miss my 70% accuracy move, AND crit me at the last second all in a row...I call shenanigans.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This glitch is bigger than this one tournament and definitely needs an official policy. I understand the rules state "Don't abuse glitches" but that is slightly different as a glitch is something that is not functionally working (ie the clock freezing, the fly glitch) as opposed to something that was coded in a functional way but just not according to the carts.

This will be worked out between the TDs and an official policy will be set in stone. Until then carry on.

Some interesting precedents have been set, but none of them are to my liking, especially since they were not consistent with each other.

I don't want to hear any more arguing in this thread about this issue. Carry on :)

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
lost 1-0 to atticus in an extremely haxy battle on both sides. like really really bad. hate battles like that :/

oh and it was really boring too lol

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
However most recent precedent was Bad Ass/Lonelyness in SPL where lonelyness was given the option to rematch bad ass which he didn't take. Although that was a situation where the match was up in the air prior to the glitch.
uh, we were going to rematch but lonelyness said he couldn't because his grandfather died. if that hadn't happened, we were doing a rematch. just fyi...

um jumpluff isnt responding to my irc pms attempting to set up a time when shes clearly active in #stark... i warned her before making this post and she ignored it so this is pretty much just an activity post
ill get it done with stone and krack soon i guess since theyll probably be on irc later tonight
edit: confirming what jumpluff said, we set up a time tomorrow. sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)