The World Cup of Pokemon VI - Finals [Won by Oceania]

Discussion in 'World Cup of Pokemon' started by Jackal, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Directoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

We have once again arrived to the Grand Finale! Defending Champions Oceania are back after defeating the surprising French, and USA West have also booked their ticket after coming out on top after a grueling bout with Canada. Will the trophy be defended, or will we have the third ever World Champions? Let's find out!

The final rosters can be viewed here

The format can be found here

The rules of the tournament can be found here

The standings after the prelims can be found here

Brackets

After the first round, the teams were seeded and will now play in a knockout style. Let's take a look at the pairings!

[​IMG]

The Bracket

**NOTE: Go10 PMed me and challenged Canada to play for third place. I spoke with a few of my teammates and they wanted to play, so I don't see why not. I have put up a bracket to determine third place, Canada vs France. The headline, though, is still of course the battle for first!

Substitutions

Substitutions can be made at any time, but once a player has been subbed out, they cannot be put back in for the duration of the round.

Rulings

Now some notes on a few issues I feel need to be addressed (basically rulings on often disputed topics):

A bunch of rulings I expect you all to read (open)

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so dont be too mean :)

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Deadline

The deadline for this round will be thirteen days from now (since I'm on vacation 10 days from now xD), Monday August 22 at 11:59 EST. Tiebreaker matches will happen after this deadline (if necessary). I will be calling activity wins and monitoring all these battles carefully, so make sure to keep in contact with your opponent and get it done!

Alright, who will it be: OCN or WEST. Post your support!

and for the last time...

FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY!!!
  2. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

OCN to 3-peat
  3. Vaz

Vaz

GOCEANIA!

LET'S GET A HATRICK!
  4. BIG loven

BIG loven Not so little anymore

5. wilson46

wilson46
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Heist vs Indra
    Hipmonlee vs Philip7086
    Playa vs remlabmez
    Golden_Sun vs Bloo
    The_Chaser vs symphonyx64
    Earthworm vs undisputed
    Stallion vs Loven
    panamaxis vs Scofield

tiebreaker anyone?
  6. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

What I told Jackal I will be doing:

[17:38:18] <Hipmonlee> I am going to not do anything until friday week
    [17:38:23] <Hipmonlee> then I will start teambuilding
    [17:38:29] <Hipmonlee> and then I will organise my battle

My prediction is that we will have won by then anyway. Honestly, I think it's gonna be a hiding.

Also I am going to beat Phil (if I dont get subbed).
  7. Shining_Latios

Shining_Latios

So it's Oceania vs USA West?
  8. .Robert

.Robert
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

USA West
  9. Delta 2777

Delta 2777 Machampion
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion

Where'd the underdogs go
    Fuck
  10. Jackal

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

11. TheFourthChaser

TheFourthChaser #TimeForChange
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Rootin WEST even tho I'm judas and it'll be hilarious
  12. Indra

Indra DACODBOSS
    is a Past WCoP Winner

LOL I CHALLENGED HEIST BUT HE JOHNED OUT

US BEST US BEST

LETS GET IT!
  13. Heist

Heist
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

confirming that i johned gg
  14. Shining_Latios

Shining_Latios

Heist vs Indra
    Hipmonlee vs Philip7086
    Playa vs remlabmez
    Golden_Sun vs Bloo
    Earthworm vs undisputed
    Stallion vs Loven
    panamaxis vs Scofield
  15. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier
    Mentor

LOL I WAS GONNA CHALLENGE HIP BUT HE JOHNED OUT EVEN BEFORE I COULD

US BEST US BEST

LETS GET IT!
  16. yondie

yondie ice age
    is a Pre-Contributoris a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Heist vs Indra
    Hipmonlee vs Philip7086
    Playa vs remlabmez - so hard to choose between bros
    Golden_Sun vs Bloo - battle of trophies
    Earthworm vs undisputed
    Stallion vs Loven
    panamaxis vs Scofield

if playa beats rem then bloo wins tiebreak
    gl both

edit:

lol johns
  17. Scofield

Scofield Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

ah, yes, rematch with ocn and i get pana again. really couldn't end in a more fitting way. nothing short of brilliant, should be a great series.

Before anyone posts to root for Oceania, I am forced to remind you that rooting for defending champs is just extremely uncool. The only reasons you should be allowed to root for Oceania is if:

-you are on the team
    -you live in the area
    -you've been supporting them since before they won their first wcop
    -you're married or closely related to someone who lives, plays or is from there
    -you really really really don't like me or the other people on uswest

If you don't fit any of the above criteria and are rooting for Oceania, I am forced to call you the worst label in all of sports: a band wagon fan.

However, luckily for you, US West welcomes you to root for us, and we appreciate your support!
  18. IK.

IK.

make me proud west boys
    damn i chose the wrong team ):
  19. Mithril

Mithril
    is a Past WCoP Winner

US BEST to win it all.
  20. KnightoftheWind

KnightoftheWind
    is a Past WCoP Winner

I should be good.

GOCEANIA
  21. remlabmez

remlabmez @dacopboss
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

22. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Heist vs Indra - Heist is hot this gen, don't stop him now!
    Hipmonlee vs Philip7086 - Philip gave me a BJ, ergo I must vote for him.
    Playavs remlabmez - Gah too tough to call, I want Playa to win but Rem haxes people like noones business.
    Golden_Sun vs Bloo - Highlight imo, two of the best BW battlers on Smogon if not the two best. Tour champ vs Frontier champ, the test to see whose really better. I think Bloo will rebound from his EMBARRASING loss to Jackal, and come up clutch.
    The_Chaser vs symphonyx64 - The chaser will continue his fabulous record from SPL at 10-1 by going 5-0 in wcop.
    Earthworm vs undisputed - Worms has just been off his game, despite being a great battler I don't know whats going on in his mind. Feel free to prove me wrong.
    Stallion vs Loven - Bar his match w/ East, Loven has been hot this wcop and continues to suprise me. Stallion is having a rough year, but like I said to worms..probe me wrong.
    panamaxis vs Scofield - SPL Rematch. Pana will bring Empoleon to spite Scof and crit and freeze everything in existance.
  23. Jackal

???????????????????????????????????????????????

no such thing.
  24. panamaxis

panamaxis Allons-y!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

~~MAKIRI CURSE~~
  25. Indra

Indra DACODBOSS
    is a Past WCoP Winner

~~DACOPBOSS CURE~~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)