Finals The World Cup of Pokemon VI - Finals [Won by Oceania]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We have once again arrived to the Grand Finale! Defending Champions Oceania are back after defeating the surprising French, and USA West have also booked their ticket after coming out on top after a grueling bout with Canada. Will the trophy be defended, or will we have the third ever World Champions? Let's find out!

The final rosters can be viewed here

The format can be found here

The rules of the tournament can be found here

The standings after the prelims can be found here

Brackets

After the first round, the teams were seeded and will now play in a knockout style. Let's take a look at the pairings!

The Bracket

**NOTE: Go10 PMed me and challenged Canada to play for third place. I spoke with a few of my teammates and they wanted to play, so I don't see why not. I have put up a bracket to determine third place, Canada vs France. The headline, though, is still of course the battle for first!

Substitutions

Substitutions can be made at any time, but once a player has been subbed out, they cannot be put back in for the duration of the round.

Rulings

Now some notes on a few issues I feel need to be addressed (basically rulings on often disputed topics):

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts and I expect many battles to be completed on other servers to prevent scouting. These kind of factors are pretty bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. It is the silliest thing I have ever heard, any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting, whether it be spying on another teams irc channel or following your opponent around on PO. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. However, given the fact that this is the big stage, I am sure a lot of people want to watch, so dont be too mean :)

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Deadline

The deadline for this round will be thirteen days from now (since I'm on vacation 10 days from now xD), Monday August 22 at 11:59 EST. Tiebreaker matches will happen after this deadline (if necessary). I will be calling activity wins and monitoring all these battles carefully, so make sure to keep in contact with your opponent and get it done!

Alright, who will it be: OCN or WEST. Post your support!

and for the last time...

FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY!!!

Heist vs Indra
Hipmonlee vs Philip7086
Playa vs remlabmez
Golden_Sun vs Bloo
The_Chaser vs symphonyx64
Earthworm vs undisputed
Stallion vs Loven
panamaxis vs Scofield

tiebreaker anyone?

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
What I told Jackal I will be doing:

[17:38:18] <Hipmonlee> I am going to not do anything until friday week
[17:38:23] <Hipmonlee> then I will start teambuilding
[17:38:29] <Hipmonlee> and then I will organise my battle

My prediction is that we will have won by then anyway. Honestly, I think it's gonna be a hiding.

Also I am going to beat Phil (if I dont get subbed).

Heist vs Indra
Hipmonlee vs Philip7086
Playa vs remlabmez
Golden_Sun vs Bloo
Earthworm vs undisputed
Stallion vs Loven
panamaxis vs Scofield

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Heist vs Indra
Hipmonlee vs Philip7086
Playa vs remlabmez - so hard to choose between bros
Golden_Sun vs Bloo - battle of trophies
Earthworm vs undisputed
Stallion vs Loven
panamaxis vs Scofield

if playa beats rem then bloo wins tiebreak
gl both

edit:

lol johns

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
ah, yes, rematch with ocn and i get pana again. really couldn't end in a more fitting way. nothing short of brilliant, should be a great series.

Before anyone posts to root for Oceania, I am forced to remind you that rooting for defending champs is just extremely uncool. The only reasons you should be allowed to root for Oceania is if:

-you are on the team
-you live in the area
-you've been supporting them since before they won their first wcop
-you're married or closely related to someone who lives, plays or is from there
-you really really really don't like me or the other people on uswest

If you don't fit any of the above criteria and are rooting for Oceania, I am forced to call you the worst label in all of sports: a band wagon fan.

However, luckily for you, US West welcomes you to root for us, and we appreciate your support!

Before anyone posts to root for Oceania, I am forced to remind you that rooting for defending champs is just extremely uncool. The only reasons you should be allowed to root for Oceania is if:

-you are on the team
-you live in the area
-you've been supporting them since before they won their first wcop
-you're married or closely related to someone who lives, plays or is from there
-you really really really don't like me or the other people on uswest
I should be good.

GOCEANIA

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Heist vs Indra - Heist is hot this gen, don't stop him now!
Hipmonlee vs Philip7086 - Philip gave me a BJ, ergo I must vote for him.
Playavs remlabmez - Gah too tough to call, I want Playa to win but Rem haxes people like noones business.
Golden_Sun vs Bloo - Highlight imo, two of the best BW battlers on Smogon if not the two best. Tour champ vs Frontier champ, the test to see whose really better. I think Bloo will rebound from his EMBARRASING loss to Jackal, and come up clutch.
The_Chaser vs symphonyx64 - The chaser will continue his fabulous record from SPL at 10-1 by going 5-0 in wcop.
Earthworm vs undisputed - Worms has just been off his game, despite being a great battler I don't know whats going on in his mind. Feel free to prove me wrong.
Stallion vs Loven - Bar his match w/ East, Loven has been hot this wcop and continues to suprise me. Stallion is having a rough year, but like I said to worms..probe me wrong.
panamaxis vs Scofield - SPL Rematch. Pana will bring Empoleon to spite Scof and crit and freeze everything in existance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)