The Yin-Yang Tournament - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Earthworm
The Yin-Yang Tournament
aka Pound-for-Pound III

Introduction

The main goal of this single elimination tournament is to challenge players in the array of BW metagames ranging from BW Ubers to BW LC. It also serves as a little prelude to what the Smogon Grand Slam will require from players that have their sights set on the teal trophy. Each round players will get a different BW metagame to play, which will be picked randomly by me. For those that are not aware of all the BW metagames, they are: BW Ubers, BW OU, BW UU, BW RU, BW NU, and BW LC. Let's see who can prove themselves a master of Black and White!

Tournament Rules, Guidelines, and General Information

Clauses and Banlists

READ THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE LOOKING AT PAIRINGS

The BW metagames for each pairing are in descending order from BW Ubers to BW LC.

For example:

a vs b (Uber)
c vs d (OU)
e vs f (UU)
g vs h (RU)
i vs j (NU)
k vs l (LC)

Deadline: July 2nd @11:59PM (GMT -5) EST

Round 2

Chieliee (Uber) vs Zebraiken (Uber)
Morgenstern vs B-Lulz
ThatsMyLatios vs BKC
Eo Ut Mortus vs Raseri
T-Dogg vs Nightblade7000
soviet vs AkHolic
||vallejo|| (Uber) vs LuckOverSkill (Uber)
Kennen vs MMF
[K-12] The Madchine vs Nexuz
toshimelonhead vs CrashinBoomBang
Ordile vs Aqualouis
Lowgock vs dragonboy52
The QWAZ (Uber) vs Accelerator (Uber)
McMeghan vs Rockhp31
Princess Bri vs Z-rex
D4RR3N vs Steven Snype
Blue_Blur vs DittoCrow
Maaf vs Light The Thunder
Hantsuki (Uber) vs Omicron (Uber)
Leftiez vs zdrup15
TheMexican vs reyscarface
Meh vs Basti
Eustatic vs Django Reinhart
badabing vs Celsius
Darkhallway (Uber) vs Kojes (Uber)
DarkLoïc vs Deapryl
Incon vs pokebasket
Staraptor vs Double01
Cristal vs HSA
The Hitman vs Brap
Okk (Uber) vs mfhoundoom (Uber)
Limitless vs A l e x a n d e r

Deadline: July 2nd @11:59PM (GMT -5) EST

If you are not playing a different BW metagame, let me know as soon as possible! I am pretty sure everyone is though, but just in case.

Have fun!!!

Extended Matches

BIG loven vs Nightblade7000 (activity)
~Golden Emp vs Aqualouis (done)
Nightsblade vs D4RR3N (activity)
reyscarface vs MarceloDK (done)
AlphaJolt vs mfhoundoom (forfeit)

Extended Deadline: June 26th @1:21:56AM (GMT -5) EST

EDIT: I am going to give ~Golden Emp vs Aqualouis until June 28th @11:59PM (GMT -5) EST to get done due to unexpected circumstances and my good nature. This is your last chance.

EDIT2: Also, D4RR3N stop treating your opponents like shit through VM when they are simply trying to get the match done.

Well AlphaJolt's computer broke and said he'd message me when it was fixed a long time ago but he never did and that's why we haven't battled. I'll contact him again though.

Oh no. Little Cup. The tier I was fearing the most because I know nothing about it. :(

I've sent a message to 'The Hitman'.

Aqualouis

^ Sport de raquette + Service pas rattrapé
is a Contributor Alumnus
I guess that i'll be given the lose but it seems kinda unfair to me....
I schelduled a time to play my first opponent before my exams, when i could play without any problems, and he told me he wanted to leave me the win. I reported there instead of saying "I won" and he was subbed out. But then my exams began, i couldn't really play, and my opponent was only present around 5 am to 10 am my time... How the hell was i suppose to play him during my finals ? (considering that it would have been tough for me to play him at that time, even if i didn't have had my finals)....
So well, im making an activity post to show that i would have loved to play this tournament, but i'm gonna leave in a few minutes, and i didn't see my opponent today, even if i waited for him for 12 hours.... So i'm trying to make a last Activity Post to make you change your decision if you decided to give him the Activity win, which would be pretty unfair in my opinion.

I guess that i'll be given the lose but it seems kinda unfair to me....
I schelduled a time to play my first opponent before my exams, when i could play without any problems, and he told me he wanted to leave me the win. I reported there instead of saying "I won" and he was subbed out. But then my exams began, i couldn't really play, and my opponent was only present around 5 am to 10 am my time... How the hell was i suppose to play him during my finals ? (considering that it would have been tough for me to play him at that time, even if i didn't have had my finals)....
So well, im making an activity post to show that i would have loved to play this tournament, but i'm gonna leave in a few minutes, and i didn't see my opponent today, even if i waited for him for 12 hours.... So i'm trying to make a last Activity Post to make you change your decision if you decided to give him the Activity win, which would be pretty unfair in my opinion.
Yea I understand your situation, but hear me out. Round 1 started June 11th, and you reported that your original opponent gave you the win June 15th. I could not just give you a free win with an active substitute in hand and more than enough time to your new match done. The regular deadline for Round 1 was June 20th, meaning you had 5 days to contact your opponent. I even VM'd you June 15th right after I subbed in ~Golden Emp, so you knew what was up. Your opponent contacted you on June 17th through VM; a VM to which you responded today - 8 days later.

You had a total of 9 days to get your match done with your new opponent factoring in the 4 day extension.

Again, I completely understand your testing situation (it definitely takes priority over a pokemon game), but I just can't give you an activity win over your opponent who has been arguably more active than you. If you would've simply given him a date and time in the first place on June 17th, I am positive you guys would have gotten it done in time. It wouldn't even be right if I coinflipped your match.

I know you are an active player around here, but you are unfortunately a victim of circumstance.

The best advice I can give you is, find the guy and battle him as soon as possible.

EDIT: Do not respond to this post. Take it to VM or PM please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)