Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Axmaster; there's only one pokemon I can give you really. I managed to BS quite a bit.. but then again, you did request a long story :)

Take a Bellsprout, name it Sage Twig

Since my username is already a character in the game, it seems only fair that you begin this challange by battling him. You must not use Bellsprout until you're challenged by him in Sprout Tower. He's the second trainer there. Make sure to bring potions and prepare to solo his team with your freshly caught Bellsprout!

When looking on Serebii, you will see that Sage Chow's Bellsprouts have an alleged moveset of Razor Leaf, Gastro Acid, Slam and Wring Out. Of course we know better, since all they ever do is Vine Whip you.. But I'd like to believe they put it there for a reason; During your "epic" battle with Sage Chow's roster of Bellsprouts, Sage Twig has a powerful vision of his future moveset: He believes it's his destiny to obtain these listed moves and refuses to evolve to Victreebell beforehand.

Secondly, let's investigate the words of wisdom that you're given pre-battle:
"We stand guard in this tower. Here we express our gratitude and show our respect to all pokemon."

So how does one express his gratitude and respect to pokemon? For the Sages of Johto, this means judging your pokemon equally, giving them all a chance to shine in the spotlight and working together like a team: Fight a trainer (Suggestion: Gymleader Clair, it's not mandatory) and use all six pokemon on your team at least once. Preferably, they must use all of their attacks, but simply landing an attack and a status move is enough to complete the sub-challange. Make sure you lead ánd finish the battle with Sage Twig. He cannot evolve to Victreebell before you complete this minor condition.

And who are we guarding the tower from? The trainers in Ecruteak's Burned Tower*? The rival could certainly use a lesson in respect and gratitude.. Or did the Sage talk about the Radio Tower? That one certainly needs the most guarding.. And technically, the Lighthouse could be regarded as a tower too. It's certainly a place to show respect to sick pokemon like Amphy. Solo three trainers of your choice in these towers. If you fail to solo any trainer in one tower you may never evolve to Victreebell.

The road to enlightenment is long and hard, so when you finally obtain your destined moveset, and have completed the mandatory solo's and team battle, you may evolve Sage Twig to a Victreebell. With evolution all restrictions on his moveset are lifted. Since Lavender Tower has been replaced, there's nothing to do for him in Kanto. So, no more mandatory solo's.

Have Fun!

- Bellsprout named Sage Twig
- Solo Sage Chow at Sprout Tower immediately after capture.
- Evolve to Weepinbell once you reach Ecruteak.
- Razor Leaf, Gastro Acid, Slam and Wring Out before evolving to Victreebell.
- Complete a trainer battle using all pokemon; lead ánd finish with Sage.
- Solo three trainers at Burned Tower, Lighthouse and Radio Tower.
- If you fail to solo any trainer at a tower he may never evolve.
- After evolution all restrictions are lifted.

*I always found it rather suspicious to find a bunch of pyromaniac trainers in a burned tower, but maybe that's just me..

Reserving a Gengar to Axmaster68.

You want a pokémon with my personallity? Really? Well, fine to me.

Name it BR Kid.

As a Gastly:

When BR Nerd was a child, believe me, he was the most fucking boring child in the world. When he arrived in the parties, everybody said "ow my god, the demon arrived". He liked to provoke people, just to be an idiot, so, he must use Taunt in everybattle he is sent out.

But there's a problem. As a problem kid, everytime someone confroted him, he went to his mom(read, you) crying, so, when someone hit him, when he is already in the red(and of course, he survived...) he must be switched out.

After Taunt 20 people, he discovers that people will only be nice if you be nice, and now, he can evolve.

As a Haunter, rename it BR Nerd

He is a nice guy, he knows he is, that past is completely past. But, apparently, the girls think he is somehow weird or an ET that they can't even talk with, just because he is a nerd. Must know mean look and use accindentally on every female pokémon. Pokémon school is the only place that he receives girls attencion, because he is intellingent(it's the only thing he is proud of) and girls only talk to him to study or something related to school. So, he must learn frustration(don't need to use...).

One thing that he likes, since he was a baby gastly, is Challanges. He always go to the most difficult way he can, just to prove that he can. So, to evolve, he must solo Sabrina(I don't know if Sabrina has female mons, but, if she has, the Mean Look restriction is lifted). And, to be more challanging, can't use SE attacks on her mons...

As a Gengar:

The name keeps the same, because: Once a nerd, always a nerd(I think Shakespare said it). He is not frustrated because of the girls anymore, he only says: Fuck you damn bitches, I can find a girl that likes nerds too!!!!! He must forget frustration. Mean look too must be forget.

Now, he is working, he has short time, but he is so proud of his accomplishments!!!!! He knows that his parents(...you) are responsible for a big part of what he is today(that includes, know another languages). He must learn Return, and use in everybattle. He has no more restrictions.

Have fun with me...

...ow...god...YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT I TRIED TO SAY!!!!!!!

Edit: Correcting gramatical errors that I can find...

^Yeah. EDIT: Thanks BrazilianGuy, accepted. Also, IAR, I love the randomness, but a Ditto would not be welcome with my glaring dark weakness, and the fact that I really do not like playing with a Scramblock Scramblemon unless I want a Scramblock. Also, I never use profanity, so please change the name. @Maxie, by all I mean soloing all the dark and fighting types, because I really do not want to solo everything. @Sage Chow, accepted, but I really do not want to solo the Sage RIGHT away. I'd like to level Sage Twig a bit(read: without attacking) first if that is OK. Also, not evolving until level 47 is not useful. I mean, a level 47 BELLSPROUT!?! I'd like to change that to know that moveset to evolve from Weepinbell. Thanks to you guys, and I hope to clear up everything soon!
BTW Jimera, thanks for the Smogon Scizor!!
My planned set:
Scizor@ Life Orb
Nature: Whatever I get
EV's: Whatever I decide to give
-Pursuit
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-SD
Thanks again, to all who have given me a Scramblemon, and I will start when the above discrepencies are cleared up! I do have 1 extra Scramblemon, so to not tempt fate I will except 1 more pokemon, preferably from a vet.

That reminds me, the next person to do a scramble gets me.

Axmaster68: Edited

King Serperior and Axmaster68: Boys, I'm actually grinding like a boss to putt Trusty at level 30 or more before Gardenia.

I'm having problems with it, because I can't fight with Trusty(believe me, the only fight I'll have with him is the solo with Gardenia), and he is at level 14 and I'm having a hell of a day just to make him up-grade 1 lvl.

Soooooo, I'm decided, I'll pass my Exp. Share from my Pearl, together with Chumchar's Black Belt.

After I finalize this hell of a challenge against Gardenia, I update here, I promisse.

(today is holyday here in Brazil =D I don't have to work neither college!!!!!!!)

Edit: Holy fuck. I realized right now... Trusty must hold a Black Sludge in every single moment of his painful life... I really will have to grind like a boss for the eternity. OMG

Sorry about the rushing. We are just anticipating a great read. If it makes you feel better, I has to solo Morty with a Buneary using only fighting and normal attacks. I had only Buneary on my team and had to Foresight everytime. I was always Cursed first turn and Hypnosis always hit. I ended up using about 30 super potions. I had to restart about 5-6 times because I always lost to the weaker Haunter. I can feel a fraction ( 1/3 maybe?) of the pain you must be feeling. I really do hope you enjoy the challenge ether way. Goooooooooood luck:)

While playing, I was in wonder. Axmaster68, do I have to only use Defence Curl against 30 pokémon to evolve, or do I have to also solo Koga, because that would be absurdly far into the game. Also, as now is the first time I decide to look, it seems to me on Bulbapedia that a Sandshrew, such as Rooney, cannot learn Defense Curl in first gen. Any thoughts?

Anywhom, I started with Blair the Squirtle and hurriedly went to catch Ash the Pikachu. I didn't start training him yet, as I exposed a flaw in Ash's restrictions to be in four gym battles, so I had him battle Brock four times. Then I went into some hardcore training, beat Brock, and made it to Mt. Moon for my Paras. I caught and trained Pareras to about the same level as Blair and Ash, and easily passed Mt. Moon. I just caught Rooney, my Sandshrew and am just about to train him.

Currently,

Blair - Squirtle
Level 15
Tackle
Tail Whip
Bubble
Water Gun

Ash - Pikachu
Level 15
Thundershock
Tail Whip
Thunder Wave

Pareras - Paras
Level 15
Scratch
Stun Spore

Rooney - Sandshrew
Level 8
Scratch

Onto Misty!

Hey, just use a Status move against 30 different pokemon instead. If possible, go for Sand-Attack. And, yes, only that is required to evolve. The solo is meant to be as a Sandslash.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My Platinum Scramble is on hold while i Nuzlocke SoulSilver but let's get my LG challenge up anyway:
Blastoise
Pidgeot
Ninetales
Slowbro
Magneton
Venomth

Have at ye!

Reserving Pidgey for Cloverleaf.

Edit: You receive Restricted the Pidgey. Here are the Ristrictions:
1. May not evolve into Pidgeotto until it learns and forever keeps Whirlwind.
2. After learning Whirlwind, it must be used in ALL RIVAL BATTLES.
3. May not learn Aerial ace unless it solos a trainer-owned rock Pokemon.
4. May only learn steel wing after soloing Sabrina's Venomoth and Mr.Mime.
5. May only evolve into Pidgeot after stealing 3 Sitris Berries from 3 GLMPs using and keeping forever Thief.
6. May not be used in the grass gym.
7. One restriction may be removed from restrictions 1-3 if it solos rival in the Silph Co.
8. One restriction may be removed from restrictions 4-6 if it learns Protect and Attract forever.

@Sage Chow, accepted, but I really do not want to solo the Sage RIGHT away. I'd like to level Sage Twig a bit(read: without attacking) first if that is OK. .
LOL! Are you seriously chickening out from a bunch of lvl 3 Bellsprouts?! =P I was kinda hoping you would Struggle your way through, maybe even afraid for a random crit. You can even catch a lvl 6 Bellsprout! But, sure, if you feel that you can't do it without grinding you may level him.

Evo: Keeping him Bellsprout was kind of the point. I think you underestimate him; with EV's from grinding, a high level and decent attack he will go a long way! But I understand things will be a bit hard near the end. I'll edit the post so you can evolve him in Ecruteak.

Good news!

I forgot that in the first time I go to Eterna forest, there's that girl with a Chansey! I'm grinding Trusty there!!!!!!! I don't have to worry about potions, he have the boost for being a poké,on from another version, and, even if he ignores me, there's the chance of Chansey to kill my enemies and give him experience!!!!

He is almost lvl 19 now. This girl will regret the day she asked me to help her, because I'll use her(not in sexual ways...or maybe a little) a lot!

Now I can see a light in the end of that fucking tunnel!

@Texas Cloverleaf:
You get Sleepy the Vulpix! This Vulpix thinks that it's from the Dream World, and you couldn't bear to tell it that it isn't, so it must set up Sunny Day the first turn you switch it in/it's sent out and must teach it Sunny Day ASAP. After the sun disappears, it believes it's nighttime, so it must either switch out or use Rest, which it also must know ASAP. In order to evolve, it must solo your Rival at least once at any given time, and if you choose to evolve it, it must solo the main Pokemon of at least three Elite Four members/the Champion. Have fun. c:

Texas Cloverleaf, take a Magnemite and name it Sonic.
This Magnemite is convinced it's a blue hedgehog, so it must learn and keep the moves SonicBoom and Supersonic ASAP.
It must use one or the other every time it is sent into battle.

It can evolve after it soloes two Pokémon belonging to gym leaders with only these two moves.

After it evolves, it realizes it is not Sonic the Hedgehog, because it isn't anywhere near as fast. The previous restrictions no longer apply.
To get revenge on the blue blur, it must learn and keep Thunder Wave and use it against every blue Pokémon it is sent out against.
It must also switch in on all Sandshrew/Sandslash and at least try to KO them.

It must solo three Pokémon in the elite four.

^Yeah. EDIT: Thanks BrazilianGuy, accepted. Also, IAR, I love the randomness, but a Ditto would not be welcome with my glaring dark weakness, and the fact that I really do not like playing with a Scramblock Scramblemon unless I want a Scramblock. Also, I never use profanity, so please change the name. @Maxie, by all I mean soloing all the dark and fighting types, because I really do not want to solo everything. @Sage Chow, accepted, but I really do not want to solo the Sage RIGHT away. I'd like to level Sage Twig a bit(read: without attacking) first if that is OK. Also, not evolving until level 47 is not useful. I mean, a level 47 BELLSPROUT!?! I'd like to change that to know that moveset to evolve from Weepinbell. Thanks to you guys, and I hope to clear up everything soon!
BTW Jimera, thanks for the Smogon Scizor!!
My planned set:
Scizor@ Life Orb
Nature: Whatever I get
EV's: Whatever I decide to give
-Pursuit
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-SD
Thanks again, to all who have given me a Scramblemon, and I will start when the above discrepencies are cleared up! I do have 1 extra Scramblemon, so to not tempt fate I will except 1 more pokemon, preferably from a vet.

That reminds me, the next person to do a scramble gets me.
Ok i will edit it now

@ Maxie, accepted. @ Sage Chow, accepted as is now. I still need one more and IAR's changes, but here is your Blastoise Texas:

You get Ax-Factor the Squirtle(A.K.A MEEEEEEEEEE!!!) Ax loves to help people and his teammates, so Ax must know a support move (rapid spin counts). Ax has an amazing mind, so Ax must know 2 or more special moves, one of which must be Hydro Pump. Ax also is extremly kind and noble, so Ax cannot use SE moves, but hates immature people, and so must solo your rival at least 3 times, including the last time you face them BEFORE the E4, but every time is OK too, if you'd like. Ax must solo 20 trainers with glasses, for copying his look, but loves talking with civilized people, so Ax cannot face a mature-acting adult trainer's pokemon if at all possible. Ax also is extremely careful, so Ax must always hold a Sitrus Berry, and you must replace it after the battle that it is lost in every time. Ax was a total jerk and a total nerd when he was really little, so he must know Bite and a TM move. When any 1 gym leader has been soloed with Ax and all the above is complete, Ax can evolve.

When Ax evolves, he matures, and such must forget Bite ASAP. Ax loves the water type, so he must know at least 2 water type moves. Ax loves to help his teammates, so whenever you EXP share grind, have Ax be the main battler. Ax can never be the lowest or highest leveled member of your team, and must solo either Erika or Sabrina to evolve again. All other restrictions carry over.

When Ax becomes a Blastoise, Ax understands he will have to defend himself, so teach Ax Skull Bash, and use it to solo any pokemon that forces Ax to use his Sitrus Berry. He must solo as many E4 pokemon, max 8, that equal the number of Sitrus Berries used up plus one. Enjoy me!!
EDIT: Thanks for the notice Super Saiyan. Man I feel like an idiot.

*Refer to BrazilianGuys's final message here*

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My Platinum Scramble is on hold while i Nuzlocke SoulSilver but let's get my LG challenge up anyway:
Blastoise
Pidgeot
Ninetales
Slowbro
Magneton
Venomth

Have at ye!
Reserving Blastoise for Texas Cloverleaf. Will edit in a while.
Reserving Slowbro for Texas Cloverleaf
Reserving Pidgey for Cloverleaf.

Edit: You receive Restricted the Pidgey. Here are the Ristrictions:
1. May not evolve into Pidgeotto until it learns and forever keeps Whirlwind.
2. After learning Whirlwind, it must be used in ALL RIVAL BATTLES.
3. May not learn Aerial ace unless it solos a trainer-owned rock Pokemon.
4. May only learn steel wing after soloing Sabrina's Venomoth and Mr.Mime.
5. May only evolve into Pidgeot after stealing 3 Sitris Berries from 3 GLMPs using and keeping forever Thief.
6. May not be used in the grass gym.
7. One restriction may be removed from restrictions 1-3 if it solos rival in the Silph Co.
8. One restriction may be removed from restrictions 4-6 if it learns Protect and Attract forever.
@Texas Cloverleaf:
You get Sleepy the Vulpix! This Vulpix thinks that it's from the Dream World, and you couldn't bear to tell it that it isn't, so it must set up Sunny Day the first turn you switch it in/it's sent out and must teach it Sunny Day ASAP. After the sun disappears, it believes it's nighttime, so it must either switch out or use Rest, which it also must know ASAP. In order to evolve, it must solo your Rival at least once at any given time, and if you choose to evolve it, it must solo the main Pokemon of at least three Elite Four members/the Champion. Have fun. c:
Texas Cloverleaf, take a Magnemite and name it Sonic.
This Magnemite is convinced it's a blue hedgehog, so it must learn and keep the moves SonicBoom and Supersonic ASAP.
It must use one or the other every time it is sent into battle.

It can evolve after it soloes two Pokémon belonging to gym leaders with only these two moves.

After it evolves, it realizes it is not Sonic the Hedgehog, because it isn't anywhere near as fast. The previous restrictions no longer apply.
To get revenge on the blue blur, it must learn and keep Thunder Wave and use it against every blue Pokémon it is sent out against.
It must also switch in on all Sandshrew/Sandslash and at least try to KO them.

It must solo three Pokémon in the elite four.
Venomoth is still free.

@Texas Cloverleaf, take Soulbadge the Venonat. It wants to be like Koga's Pokemon. It must know 2 status moves at all times. IT cannot evolve until it inflicts status on 50 Pokemon. When you battle Koga, it wants to prove itself to him by soloing his entire team. It must learn and keep Toxic afterwards . When you make it to the Elite 4, solo Bruno, because it uses it's Psychic abilities to see that Koga is the second member of the E4 in 3 years. Good luck!

@Axmaster68,
@ Maxie, accepted. @ Sage Chow, accepted as is now. I still need one more and IAR's changes, but here is your Blastoise Texas:

You get Ax-Factor the Squirtle(A.K.A MEEEEEEEEEE!!!) Ax loves to help people and his teammates, so Ax must know a support move (rapid spin counts). Ax has an amazing mind, so Ax must know 2 or more special moves, one of which must be Hydro Pump. Ax also is extremly kind and noble, so Ax cannot use SE moves, but hates immature people, and so must solo your rival at least 3 times, including the last time you face them BEFORE the E4, but every time is OK too, if you'd like. Ax must solo 20 trainers with glasses, for copying his look, but loves talking with civilized people, so Ax cannot face a mature-acting adult trainer's pokemon if at all possible. Ax also is extremely careful, so Ax must always hold a Sitrus Berry, and you must replace it after the battle that it is lost in every time. Ax was a total jerk and a total nerd when he was really little, so he must know Bite and a TM move. When any 1 gym leader has been soloed with Ax and all the above is complete, Ax can evolve.

When Ax evolves, he matures, and such must forget Bite ASAP. Ax loves the water type, so he must know at least 2 water type moves. Ax loves to help his teammates, so whenever you EXP share grind, have Ax be the main battler. Ax can never be the lowest or highest leveled member of your team, and must solo either Morty or Chuck to evolve again. All other restrictions carry over.

When Ax becomes a Feraligator, Ax understands he will have to defend himself, so teach Ax Skull Bash, and use it to solo any pokemon that forces Ax to use his Sitrus Berry. He must solo as many E4 pokemon, max 8, that equal the number of Sitrus Berries used up plus one. Enjoy me!!

*Refer to BrazilianGuys's final message here*
I'm confused, when does Squirtle evolve into Feraligatr? :P
I think you started with a LG Squirtle and ended with a HGSS Feraligatr.
Just wanted to let you know.
Mistakes are Red and Underlinedfor easy reference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)