Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Reserving a Poochyena for User18, as his Dark-type.
I categorically deny that the below post ever took place. (Sorry, mate, but your avi is a girl)

EDIT: Right, catch yourself a Poochyena and name him Dusk.
This Poochyena manages to get his paws on your Pokedex, and decides to follow it blindly.
Emerald Pokedex (Poochyena) said:
It savagely threatens foes with bared fangs. It chases after fleeing targets tenaciously. It turns tail and runs, however, if the foe strikes back.
Following this entry, Dusk must always use either Crunch or Bite on his first turn in battle. (After level 13)
If he is under 50% health, though, he tries to run away. (Run away in wild battles)
If he cannot run away (trainer battles), he cannot use attacking moves until his HP is back above 50%.

To evolve, he must solo your rival once.

Emerald Pokedex (Mightyena) said:
In the wild, MIGHTYENA live in a pack. They never defy their leader’s orders. They defeat foes with perfectly coordinated teamwork.
After he evolves, Dusk learns to cooperate with his teammates.
He refuses to use healing items, as he wishes to save them for his newfound friends.
In addition, he cannot hold an item unless at least one other member of your party is holding the same item.

He must solo three Pokemon in the Elite Four. Good luck!

User 18, take a Magnemite. This Magnemite is an avid collector, and has a strange desire to always hold the item you most recently found (unless it's a Key Item). This Magnemite hates competition from other collectors and thus Magnemite must Solo every Collector you see (if this is too much, change it to Soloing 1 Pokemon from every Collector you see). To evolve, Solo 2 Trainer-owned Magnemite, 3 Collectors (only applies if you go with the "Solo 1 Pokemon from every Collector you see" rule), and 5 Pokemon with Pickup. To demonstrate its newfound Special attacking prowess, OHKO 1 Pokemon of every type that is hit by Electric neutrally.
Good luck, if there's anything wrong with it, don't hesitate to speak up.

Great updates you two! Sorry for pointing out another error that you'll remember forever Mygavolt >.< didn't realize it was like that. Then again, I suppose you're probably glad because now you won't keep on making it.

As for my own update... yeah I know it's been a LONG time since I did one, over two weeks. Keep getting distracted by things. Doesn't help that I bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution earlier this week and started playing Pokemon Pinball again now. I HAVE gotten started on it though, and hopefully it won't be much longer before I get it up. Sorry to keep you all waiting for so long!

User 18, I'll give you a Fire type, editing it in a moment.

User 18 take a Torkoal and name it whatever you please. This Torkoal is ticked at how slow it is, and is even more ticked that it has exactly 0 ways to move faster in its movepool. Still, it tries its hardest to improve its speed by consuming all the Carbros it can. Every time you find on, feed it to your Torkoal, and you must buy and give Torkoal at least 1 Carbros before every major battle it participates in, up until they stop having effect. Torkoal may never use a move that lowers its speed (Curse). One thing it is glad is that its speed can't be lowered by the opponent, thanks to White Smoke, so any time the opponent uses a move on Torkoal that would lower speed that is blocked by White Smoke, Torkoal decides to throw it in their face by having you immediately use an X-Speed on it just to spite them. If you have no X-Speed, Torkoal gets ticked and refuses to follow your orders for the rest of the battle, and you must pick random moves instead. Torkoal also wants to be at its fastest in any major battles, so you must use and X-Speed on it at the start of every major battle.

That should do the trick, enjoy your abnormally speedy Torkoal!

As for my own update... yeah I know it's been a LONG time since I did one, over two weeks. Keep getting distracted by things. Doesn't help that I bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution earlier this week and started playing Pokemon Pinball again now. I HAVE gotten started on it though, and hopefully it won't be much longer before I get it up. Sorry to keep you all waiting for so long!
Two weeks isn't long. Two months is. Sorry guys. It's not as if I've totally abandoned it, progress is just slow. I'll maybe post an update after Silph, but there won't be a team status there.

Thanks for the challenges people, keep 'em coming!

User 18 take a Torkoal and name it whatever you please. This Torkoal is ticked at how slow it is, and is even more ticked that it has exactly 0 ways to move faster in its movepool. Still, it tries its hardest to improve its speed by consuming all the Carbros it can. Every time you find on, feed it to your Torkoal, and you must buy and give Torkoal at least 1 Carbros before every major battle it participates in, up until they stop having effect. Torkoal may never use a move that lowers its speed (Curse). One thing it is glad is that its speed can't be lowered by the opponent, thanks to White Smoke, so any time the opponent uses a move on Torkoal that would lower speed that is blocked by White Smoke, Torkoal decides to throw it in their face by having you immediately use an X-Speed on it just to spite them. If you have no X-Speed, Torkoal gets ticked and refuses to follow your orders for the rest of the battle, and you must pick random moves instead. Torkoal also wants to be at its fastest in any major battles, so you must use and X-Speed on it at the start of every major battle.

That should do the trick, enjoy your abnormally speedy Torkoal!
One question: is the bolded restriction at the point where Torkoal switches in, or must it lead every major battle and have an X-Speed used on it?

Guys, I have an issue with one of my challanges.

Suicidal the Aron must solo every Fire type and never fight against Ground or Fighting types.

That presents the ultimate problem: What do I do against Numel/Camerupt and Combusken/Blaziken? Suicidal is both required to fight them and not fight them, and that's easy to do...

Guys, I have an issue with one of my challanges.

Suicidal the Aron must solo every Fire type and never fight against Ground or Fighting types.

That presents the ultimate problem: What do I do against Numel/Camerupt and Combusken/Blaziken? Suicidal is both required to fight them and not fight them, and that's easy to do...
I didn't give you the challenge, but my recommendation would be to look at the primary typing and use that one.

I also have a problem with my Scramble.
BurnMDread the Spinarak can never switch out, while Hawaii the Chinchou is required to switch in and use Surf against all trainer-owned Water-types. So what do I do if I have BurnMDread out against a trainer-owned Water-type?

@EndQuote
Perhaps you could just not catch Hawaii until you beat all the trainers in Routes 41-42?

By the way, I still need 3 Pokemon for my Solo Frenzy. Also, I've withdrawn my rejection on Ystra and re-approved it.

I've already caught Hawaii. She says hi.
Anyway, trainer-owned Water-types are everywhere, not just in Routes 41-42.
Well then, what I would do is make sure that BurnMDread doesn't battle any obvious Water-type users. That's the only thing that I can think of at the moment. The reason why I singled out Routes 41-42 is because of the fact that every trainer there uses Water-types.

Well, I would make it an exception to BurnMDread's rule. As the two restrictions contradict each other, go with hawaii's water restriction, let him switch in, and override Burns'. I'm sure that Gamer4000 will see the logic in this. Then, when the Water type(s) has fainted, switch Burn straight back in to finish the deal. That way, both "soloes" are accounted for.

Edit: Great chapter again Myga! I see you have found your first loophole, and it is one that I didn't even notice =). Keep on looking, you can find a few more if you try. His movepool, though sparce at the moment, is due for an update, come Veilstone. With Psybeam coming through level, and Focus Blast, Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball coming soon, You will soon be doing work with Afive, If his restrictions let him of course.

@User 18
Just whenever it switches in. However, if you don't have an X-Speed then Torkoal cannot participate in the major battle since you won't be able to fulfill that restriction.

@ShinySkarmory
Whoops, forgot about that. I'd say that Suicidal's fear of ground types overwhelms his desire to fight fire types. At his heart he is afraid of dieing after all (besides, making you fight Camerupt would just be pure evil).

Sorry, but rejecting the Unown Challange that QWAZ gave me. It seems more under the vein of just plain frigging annoying over being truly difficult. I would have the wonderful luck of having to catch dozens of Unown to find one with HP Water, along with everything else.

Sorry, but rejecting the Unown Challange that QWAZ gave me. It seems more under the vein of just plain frigging annoying over being truly difficult. I would have the wonderful luck of having to catch dozens of Unown to find one with HP Water, along with everything else.
And now Stall has requested that I be the one to give him his replacement, and so I shall. Give me a few minutes, I'm going to put my all into this puppy.

EDIT1: Ok I got caught up making a post on my Breaking Down the Walls Project thread... eh heh. I'll be a few more minutes.
EDIT2: Take Red Board the Buizel, your Pokemon Pinball based nightmare. Red Board is based on the Red Board of Pokemon Pinball, which is easily the most sadistic Pokemon Pinball table ever conceived. Red Board is going to be your simulation of my experience with this torture device disguised as a game.

When you first catch Red Board, it start out being of very little worth. It can only use normal type attacking moves, cannot have items used on it, cannot hold items and cannot evolve. You can unlock more abilities by playing with him though. Every 15 levels you go up with Red Board, it gains the ability to use one move that is not a normal type attacking move. Evolution is a little less controllable though; in order to get the chance, you need to use Red Board to solo one Pokemon from any major battle. After that battle, you need to use a random number generator to pick a number between and including 1-10. You may only evolve if you get 8. You get one role per a Pokemon soloed. Major battles include rival battles, gym leaders, Galatic admins, legendary Pokemon, etc. However, that's not the only thing you can gain from this random number roll!

Roll a 1, 2 or 3: You gain the ability to use 1, 2 or 3 items on Red Board respectively. (So if you get 1, you can use one item. If you get 2, you can use two items. If you happen to roll one of these numbers when you still have items left over from a previous roll, the new number overwrites the old. So if you roll a 1 when you still have 3 items left from before, too bad, now you can only use 1 before you run out.
Roll a 4: You can immediately learn/unlock one restricted move
Roll a 5: See the section in italics below.
Roll a 6: You can use one consumable held item (berries and the like) until it is consumed.
Roll a 7: You can permanently use a hold item.
Roll a 9 or 10: You get nothing at all.

However there is risk to all this; Red Board only has 3 "lives", and when they run out you must release/perma-box your current Red Board and catch a new one and start from scratch. The most obvious way to lose lives is by fainting. If this happens, you immediately lose one life. However that's not the only way this can happen. Any time you are hit by a critical hit or have an opponent's attack's secondary effect activate on you, you must perform a "save" by going on Pokemon online and having a rated ladder battle. If you lose this battle, you lose a life. If for some reason you can't do this, just flip a coin instead, with tails meaning you lose a life. Rolling a 5 makes you immune to this effect until the next gym leader is beaten or until you run out of lives. It is possible to earn extra lives, but only if you manage to go 30 levels or 3 gym leaders without losing a single life.

In case you're intersted...
In Pokemon Pinball you're always playing to reach a goal, whether that be a new high score or to catch more Pokemon for your Pokedex. With Red Board, your goal is simply to get a strong Pokemon. However, at any time in both this challenge and in Pokemon Pinball, you could lose it all and be forced to start all over.

The RNG is simulating the "cave" in Pokemon Pinball, which, when activated, randomly bestows you with some benefit... sometimes. Just like in Pinball, there is one result you REALLY want. In Pokemon Pinball, that result is the Pika Pals, which will greatly increase your chance of success, and in this challange it's evolution, which also greatly increases your chance of success. Alongside that though are a host of other options which range from semi-useful to totally useless, which is represented by the other results the RNG can give you. 1, 2 and 3 in particular are a reference to the "ball savers" which can save your skin at times, but at other times just annoy you because you just want to keep going.

The lives are an obvious reference to the number of balls you have in Pokemon Pinball. Just like in Pokemon Pinball, while it is possible to get extra lives, it requires you to have a ridiculous string of good luck and good play to get there. Also just like in Pokemon Pinball, sometimes the game will appear to screw you over out of the blue forcing you to make a quick save in order to not lose a ball. In Pokemon Pinball this comes in the form of weird bounces, quirks with the flipper programming and the gravitational effect of the cave hole throwing you for a loop. In this challenge, its simulated by various random game factors. In both cases you CAN save yourself with a bit of skill and luck; in Pinball tilting with good timing can bump your ball out of the pit, while in game you can do the same by winning a PO battle. Of course, luck plays in here too as sometimes it tilting just doesn't work, and sometimes you get haxed the hell out of a match on PO. And shit like that can screw you over like nothing else.

And to answer a few quick questions that are likely to come up;
-If (well really, "when") you're forced to get a new Red Board, you can obtain either a Buizel or Floatazel from anywhere you want, just be aware that it might not be to your advantage to get a high level one since it'll make acquiring new moves harder.
-You can learn any move you want at any time, you just can't use it in battle until you unlock it either by getting the levels you need or rolling a 4. So you can teach it as many HMs as you want, but it can't use the ones that aren't normal attacking moves in battle until you unlock them.
-http://www.random.org/ is a great, easy to use RNG creator for use in this challange
-Yes, if you have to catch a new one ALL your previous rewards are gone. If you had rolled a 7 before, that's void on your new one. You have to start from SCRATCH.

If you have any further questions, let me know! I know it's a rather big and complicated, so if you have any issues make sure to let me know.

So anyway, I hope you have fun! Just try not to break down when you lose everything you worked so hard to gain eh?

Wow, I am so anticipating Red Board. You do not disappoint, Jimera. I'm going to probably be raging so hard with this thing, since my luck seems to be so horrible as far as critical hits go. xD Which makes me wonder how I'm going to simulate losing Red Board if I end up getting wrecked. xD

I must be nuts to even contemplate doing this Scramble, but I'm sure to have fun with it! :D

Wow, I am so anticipating Red Board. You do not disappoint, Jimera. I'm going to probably be raging so hard with this thing, since my luck seems to be so horrible as far as critical hits go. xD Which makes me wonder how I'm going to simulate losing Red Board if I end up getting wrecked. xD

I must be nuts to even contemplate doing this Scramble, but I'm sure to have fun with it! :D
Hmmm yes you will have to get creative with your update should you lose Red Board and be forced to revert (you almost certainly WILL have to at some point; 3 lives is NOT a lot and 30 levels is a loooong way to go without fainting). It'll be hard to explain THAT away in a written update. Maybe have it somehow magically revert back to its original state or something? I dunno, I'm sure you can work something out. I'm glad you like it in any case, I put all my creativity into this thing, and I'm pretty sure no one has connected an in-game scramble to PO battling before :P

After a bit of debating between which third gen game to attempt a Scramble on, I decided on LeafGreen. I always loved Red and Blue, but I never actually played the remakes. Considering how much I enjoyed Soul Silver, I figured I should finally delve into this game. So, let's do this, Scramblers!

I will not be able to trade. As for difficulty: I'm up for a "challange", but I don't want this to be tedious to play (I wanna have fun in this game ^.^), so I guess whatever is standard fare for Scrambles would be cool with me. I'm all for creativity, but I don't want to have to grind for hours (mostly because I don't know how much downtime I'll have to actually play each week due to work).

Reserving a Caterpie for Jellicent. Will edit in ASAP.
EDIT: Jellicent, take Powders the Caterpie. You may not use items on it until it evolves to Butterfree and learns one of the "Powder" attacks (Stun Spore counts). To use items on it (this includes TMs), it must inflict status conditions on trainer-owned Pokemon. The money earned from the moves is as follows: Poisonpowder=500, Stun Spore=200, Sleep Powder=100. Powders is enraged by the fact that it can never have Effect Spore as its ability, so Solo every Pokemon with said ability. It's also disappointed that its powders were not turned into perfume by the Celadon City Perfume Store, so it must inflict status on every trainer in the Celadon City Gym (note: this doesn't count towards the money earned by powdering) and Solo Erika to prove that its powders are worthy of being made into perfume. Now that its powders are being used for perfume, the money earned by powdering is cut in half. Finally, to prove that its powders are still potent despite being only half as efficient, Solo Koga.
Good luck!

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Reserving for Jellicent.

Jellicent, take Regenerate the Slowpoke. This Slowpoke has lived all its life in a dream, and so thinks that it has the ability Regenerator.

When in battle, as soon as its HP hits yellow, it must switch out, and back again immediately on the next turn. Finding that it hasn't healed at all, it will insist that you then use a potion of some sort on it. Of course, you have to oblige, and you expend a potion on it.
After 3 turns, Regenerate forgets again about his ability. Hence, it forces you to let it swap out again, and back in, and the whole cycle repeats.

To evolve, Regenerate must solo either 20 wild pokemon whose levels are higher than it's, 10 regular trainers, 5 gym trainers or 1 gym leader.

After evolution, Regenerate somehow becomes a lot clearer about its ability. Hence, the period between forced switches is now 5 turns instead of 3. However, the brain power it expended on realising this has cost it a move slot.
If you so desire, you can teach it all about its ability to remove the forced switch restriction once it reaches level 42; however, this costs P50000 (toss items worth that much) and another move slot.

Whatever you choose to do, solo Agatha.

Good Luck; Have Fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)