Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

hi i want to try one of these if anyone is interested in making some stuff !!

Ruby version
no trades
Difficulty: Not ridiculously easy but keep it simple enough to be actually enjoyable, if you guys give me tedious/overly difficult/obnoxious stuff i'm probably not going to want to finish it.
Other: I would like to use one of the starters if possible, any of the three is fine

I'll probably edit this post with what you all give me and probably some short updates, don't expect stories or anything though

Porygon, you want a simple challenge that won't get old, take Breaker the Mudkip.
This Mudkip only has one restriction: He can only use STAB moves when that move has full PP.

He must solo every trainer in a gym (Not including the gym leader) to evolve to Marshtomp.

He must solo every trainer in a gym (Including the gym leader) to evolve to Swampert.

Good luck!

Take a Poochyena.

This pokemon has three restrictions:
1. May not use moves with a BP higher than 50
2. May not use STAB moves
3. May not learn TM or HM moves

For each gym in which your Poochyena solos all of the gym trainers, you may remove one of the above restrictions.

Solo a gym leader of your choice to evolve to Mightyena

Porygon3, you are getting a Vulpix, give me a second to edit. And yes, you can get them without trading in Ruby.

My internet went out for a few hours last time I typed this up, but I pretty much remember what I wrote before. Take Ahri the female Vulpix. Like her namesake in League of Legends, she has abilities (hint: moves) that allow her to heal. You may only heal Ahri at the summoner platform (hint: Pokemon Centers) or in battle when you land 3 consecutive spells (hint: moves again).

Her moveset is the following:

Orb of Deception-a move of your choice
Fox-Fire-Will-o-Wisp/Ember
Charm-Attract/Charm/Captivate
Spirit Rush-Quick Attack

Have fun!

Take Multi the Exploud. This thing likes to be varied, so it's moveset must consist of the following:

1). A STAB move.
2). An unSTABbed move
3). A non-damaging move
4). A TM move
5). An HM move

An example moveset that fits these requirements is: Fire Blast, Strength, Hyper Voice, Growl.

You don't have to have that exact moveset, but it must have all 5 requirements

Take Ninja! the Nincada. Ninja! must always hold the Smoke Ball ASAP and must always use it against every other wild Pokemon. When it evolves, it thinks that it's a Shedinja and thus must switch out whenever it gets hit by a Fire/Flying/Rock/Ghost/Dark-type attack.
If any changes need to be made, don't hesitate to speak up

Take Pinchy the Trapinch. Pinchy doesnt like letting go of things very much. Teach Pinchy sand tomb as early as possible, and keep it to the end. Pinchy may not switch out once its in battle, even against a Pokemon that it is at a disadvantage against. Pinchy may evolve once it has successfully killed 10 trainer Pokemon with sand tomb. Once it becomes a Vibrava, it becomes more carefree and less uptight, and becomes more 'fly' as they say. Teach it fly once you obtain it. To evolve into Flygon, solo Winona to show that your fly is way more awesome then hers. Finally, because Groudon is such a grump, solo it to teach it a lesson in carefreeness

edit
I have Breaker the Mudkip and Poochyena the Poochyena (no nickname was given) going through the forest and to Roxanne's gym. I tried to get Poochyena some experience beforehand so he could possibly solo the trainers with like 6 Howl and spam Tackle but he is just so bad lol... I'll try to make him work enough to evolve and remove a couple of the restrictions but man i forgot how bad poochyena is.

In the gym, Breaker Water Guns both the trainer Geodudes (and Mud Slaps a few times vs the one with 3 Geodude), going back to the Pokemon Center after each battle. I decide i'll probably need to save Water Gun for Nosepass so I just Mud Slap Roxanne's Geodude. I ran out of PP lol, had to use my one ether midfight, i think she used 2 potions, maybe just 1?

Geodude faints and it is time for Nosepass. Breaker is at about 80% so i don't want to risk taking too much damage and mud slap a few times first, it definitely helped because nosepass missed almost every attack. the battle cost me my one ether and all 3 potions i had remaining (geodude sadly had better luck hitting me), however it gave breaker level 16, and because it soloed the gym trainers it is now a marshtomp :)

Also I caught Multi the Whismur, it's level 8 and Poochyena is level 9 at the moment. Accidently killed a wild nincada since i forgot i was supposed to catch it lol, will get the next one.

Porygon, you want a simple challenge that won't get old, take Breaker the Mudkip.
This Mudkip only has one restriction: He can only use STAB moves when that move has full PP.

He must solo every trainer in a gym (Not including the gym leader) to evolve to Marshtomp.

He must solo every trainer in a gym (Including the gym leader) to evolve to Swampert.

Good luck!

Reserving for Porygon.

E: Take a Poochyena.

This pokemon has three restrictions:
1. May not use moves with a BP higher than 50
2. May not use STAB moves
3. May not learn TM or HM moves

For each gym in which your Poochyena solos all of the gym trainers, you may remove one of the above restrictions.

Solo a gym leader of your choice to evolve to Mightyena.

Claiming for Porygon.

EDIT: Porygon3, you are getting a Vulpix, give me a second to edit. And yes, you can get them without trading in Ruby.

My internet went out for a few hours last time I typed this up, but I pretty much remember what I wrote before. Take Ahri the female Vulpix. Like her namesake in League of Legends, she has abilities (hint: moves) that allow her to heal. You may only heal Ahri at the summoner platform (hint: Pokemon Centers) or in battle when you land 3 consecutive spells (hint: moves again).

Her moveset is the following:

Orb of Deception-a move of your choice
Fox-Fire-Will-o-Wisp/Ember
Charm-Attract/Charm/Captivate
Spirit Rush-Quick Attack

Have fun!

I'll reserve for P3

Edit:

Take Multi the Exploud. This thing likes to be varied, so it's moveset must consist of the following:

1). A STAB move.
2). An unSTABbed move
3). A non-damaging move
4). A TM move
5). An HM move

An example moveset that fits these requirements is: Fire Blast, Strength, Hyper Voice, Growl.

You don't have to have that exact moveset, but it must have all 5 requirements.

Reserving for porygon3. Will edit ASAP.
EDIT: Take Ninja! the Nincada. Ninja! must always hold the Smoke Ball ASAP and must always use it against every other wild Pokemon. When it evolves, it thinks that it's a Shedinja and thus must switch out whenever it gets hit by a Fire/Flying/Rock/Ghost/Dark-type attack.
If any changes need to be made, don't hesitate to speak up!

Reserving for Porygon3.

Edit: Take Pinchy the Trapinch. Pinchy doesnt like letting go of things very much. Teach Pinchy sand tomb as early as possible, and keep it to the end. Pinchy may not switch out once its in battle, even against a Pokemon that it is at a disadvantage against. Pinchy may evolve once it has successfully killed 10 trainer Pokemon with sand tomb. Once it becomes a Vibrava, it becomes more carefree and less uptight, and becomes more 'fly' as they say. Teach it fly once you obtain it. To evolve into Flygon, solo Winona to show that your fly is way more awesome then hers. Finally, because Groudon is such a grump, solo it to teach it a lesson in carefreeness.

rlyn99, I'll do 'mon for you. Expect it to counter the that you got from your Charmander.

Lessee, you've got Water/Poison, Fire/Flying, Fighting, Ground, and Normal/Fire/Water/Electric. I'll take something that uses one or two of the remaining types.

(Unless I've missed something and miscounted, you still have a spot left, correct?)

E:

Take a Weedle as your final pokemon.

This pokemon looks down on all the Kakuna laying around Veridian Forest that only know Harden, and determines to spend as little time as a Kakuna as possible. As such, do not evolve to Kakuna until level nine, and evolve directly to Beedrill at level ten.

Once evolving to Beedrill, your pokemon decides that it may no longer battle any wild pokemon. All experience gain must come from trainer battles (it can never hold the exp. share either). It looks down on wild pokemon as weak and beneath its' level.

As a Beedrill, your final movepool must have a physical move, a special move, a status move and a recovery move ASAP. The status move may either be a boosting move for yourself, a detrimental move to the opponent, or inflict a status condition. It may not do damage.

Once this movepool is complete, Beedrill tries to prove its worth by soloing Sabrina's entire gym, to prove the bug-type's effectiveness against one of the region's most dangerous gym leaders. (Just to be clear, this is just the gym trainers. I think Sabrina herself is already taken.)

For the crowning achievement of the bug type, solo one E4 member of your choice, and two of the Champion's pokemon.

How's that?

Let me know if you have any questions or want some changes made.
Just sayin, but Beedrill is Bug-Poison, and I alr have a poison type :P But im accepting it anyways.

Just sayin, but Beedrill is Bug-Poison, and I alr have a poison type :P But im accepting it anyways.
I'll take something that uses one or two of the remaining types.
it uses one :p

If you evolve to Vaporeon or Flareon you'd have a double type anyway, so I wasn't too concerned -- I just didn't want to entirely duplicate types.

Posting to say that I am canceling updates for Platinum. I've been taking forever to put them out, but the reality is that whenever I sit down to write one it feels like a chore, while whenever I sit down to write one for Ruby I'm enjoying myself.

I will still keep playing Platinum, and I will give you a MVP-LVP at the end, but there will be no more updates.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Lately, everything I'm doing in Pokemon feels like a massive chore. Even my Black Scramble challange (thanks to FastFlygon's Venipede).

Yes I know I have 2 Scrambles pending but humour me okay? I'm starting something newer and more interesting for now to tide me over:

HGSS Battle Factory Scramble Challange

The rules:
- I will select a random three Pokemon from the opening six on each wave and play one battle with them.
- Following this, I will post the three Pokemon and ask for Challanges based on the Pokemon. No move, item etc. restrictions please, that just doesn't make sense.
- No nicknames, for obvious reasons.
- If I win this wave with all these messed-up restrictions, I will progress on and repeat the process. If I lose, I will start over.
- My goal: beat Thorton round 1 on Battle 21.
- Make the Challanges as hard as possible (but not something you would be loathe to do) based on the sets given.

The Starting Pokemon:
486 | Slaking | Impish | Lax Incense | Facade | Shadow Claw | Slack Off | Yawn | HP/Def
"must Slack Off every other non-Traunt turn. If Slaking uses Yawn, he must switch out as soon as possible (this overrides Slack Off). If an opponent's move misses Slaking, he must attempt to solo that opponent."
401 | Alakazam | Timid | Brightpowder | Psychic | Shadow Ball | Calm Mind | Future Sight | SpA/Spe
"you are always under the effects of Torment and must use Future-Sight first in every battle."
424 | Heracross | Jolly | Focus Band | Megahorn | Focus Punch | Swagger | Attract | Atk/Spe
"You must use megahorn on a pokemon it is nveffective on it, and if there isnt one for that wave, you must spam focus punch. Once your megahorn successfully connects, you must then use swagger if it is a male, and attract if it is a female. If it is genderless, you may use both."

Current streak: 2
Geez, this sure is difficult. Mainly thanks to Heracross. Thanks a lot.

For Heracross: You must use megahorn on a pokemon it is nveffective on it, and if there isnt one for that wave, you must spam focus punch. Once your megahorn successfully connects, you must then use swagger if it is a male, and attract if it is a female. If it is genderless, you may use both.

That is... a really cool idea. Props on that.

Slaking must Slack Off every other non-Traunt turn. If Slaking uses Yawn, he must switch out as soon as possible (this overrides Slack Off). If an opponent's move misses Slaking, he must attempt to solo that opponent.

Oh yeah, just a general notice; my exams finish on the 7th, so I should be able to get back into producing updates then. :)

Just posting to say that I've decided to take part in Jellicent's Let's Play competition, and due to the deadlines involved in that competition it'll be taking priority over my Black Scramble updates. I will still be updating Black, I'll just be working on it AFTER I'm done updating my Blue Nuzlocke Let's Play. If you guys grow hungry for my stuff, just hop over to that thread and you'll be able to get some there :P. Or you could check out my Let's Plays on Youtube :P

EDIT!

I would like to change my challenge to Pokemon Heart gold, no trading and hard.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused :(

Reserving a Darumaka for Keiran.
EDIT: Take Pacifist the Darumaka. Pacifists never fight, unless it's in self-defense, so Pacifist can only know 1 attacking move, and it may never be used until Pacifist gets hurt. Pacifist agrees with N's views, so it may never fight N under any circumstances. Pacifist wants to become a doctor/nurse, meaning that to evolve, solo 3 Doctors or 2 Nurses, depending on Pacifist's gender. When Pacifist discovers that Ghetsis has manipulated N ever since he was born, it is filled with an unspeakable rage, and soloes 3 of Ghetsis's Pokemon. Pacifist's "may never attack until attacked" rule can be ignored for this battle, but only for this battle.
Good luck!

since rejecting is for pussies, i'll give you an oshawott that can only ever use stab with 70 or less BP and non-attacking moves.
starting from when you get your first water-type move, of course.

Keiran, take Boomer the Graveler.

It must be caught ASAP.

Teach it Self Destruct AND Explosion. Fire Blast is a must as is Rock Blast.

When in the red HP, go Boom!!

If the opposing mon is a lower level, Sef Destruct, if higher, Explosion. You must go boom on 2 od Lance's mons. One must be Dragonite.

GL

Actually, what Level 51 is doing looks like fun.
I'd love to try something similar.
Give me six OU pokes, I'll hop on Pokemon Showdown and see if I can manage to win.
You can create restrictions, or a ridiculous moveset, or both!
Just don't make it impossible, and, please, no Magikrap.
Since I want to get started ASAP, feel free to give two pokes if you have a good idea. I'm taking both of Mygavolt's)

The Team:
Gambler the Machamp (Hells yes) @Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 212 HP/252 Atk/44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Metronome
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge
- Bullet Punch

Assassin the Metagross (Wow I haven't used a Metagross in forever) @Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 52 HP/252 Atk/204 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick

Jack the Scizor @Some item that I can use to fake a choice item...hmmm...
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/40 Atk/216 Sp Def
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch

Eremikophobia the Landorus (Means fear of sand) @Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-U-Turn
-Hammer Arm
-Explosion??? (I really am going to hate not having a Ground-type STAB)

Wall the Tentacruel (Go for that surprise value?) @Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4SpD
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-Poison Jab
-Waterfall
-Return

Suicidal the Staraptor (Clever girl) @Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Substitute
-Roost
-Brave Bird
-Close Combat

I WILL NOT REST (read: I'm procrastinating on my homework) UNTIL I HAVE CONQUERED (read: Barely managed to defeat) ALL (read: Some) WHO OPPOSE ME! (read: Who are also procrastinating on homework)

CURRENT W/L/T:
4/6/0

Current thoughts: Gambler gets amazing Metronome pulls (Stone Edge against a Volcarona, Jump Kick against a Ferrothorn, a critical Vacuum Wave that OHKOed a Shell-Smashing Cloyster), Jack has trouble early-game so I've been saving him to sweep during the end, Assassin can Trick and cripple walls, but has trouble sweeping with only STAB moves, Eremikophobia desperately wants some EdgeQuake, but instead has to play evasively, constantly U-Turning out of danger, Wall the Tentacruel is surprisingly powerful once he gets a Swords Dance under his belt, probably because nobody uses this set, and Suicidal the Staraptor is a total boss.

Reserving a Zubat for Keiran. Will edit in a few hours.
EDIT: Take Dracula the Zubat. Dracula believes that he is a vampire, and vampires hate the sun, so Dracula may never battle outside during Morning or Day. He also must always know Bite and and HP-draining attack. To evolve, assert the dominance of vampires over the undead by soloing Ecruteak Gym in its entirety without going to a Pokemon Center in between battles.
When Dracula evolves, he decides to translate his name to find out what it means; however, he translates it wrong, and thinks it means "Dragon Slayer" instead of "Dragon's Descendant (or something like that)" and thus feels that it is his duty to kill every dragon-type he sees. It isn't until after his solo of Clair that he realizes that he mistranslated Dracula, and to redeem himself, he must lead your party through the Dragon's Den. After his redemption, he has earned the right to evolve again. Since Dracula he can't learn any Dragon-type moves, he must always hold a Dragon Fang/Scale to compensate.
Good luck!

Endquote, take a Scizor named Jack.

It must be a Sub-SD varity. BP and Bug Bite are required.

Moveset:
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch

Must fake a Choice Item until the right moment.

@Keiran
Take Seye the Ekans. This Ekans lives by its name, so you must roll two dice before it can move. Unless you get two 1s, you can only use level up moves. Always lead with Glare until it hits on all Pokemon it faces. Must know and keep the snake-like moves, Wrap and Glare. Solo Jasmine without Mud Bomb to evolve. (You can still have it in your movepool) Solo one of Will's Pokemon both times.

@EndQuote
Take a Landorus that hates sandstorms, so it cannot use any Ground-, Rock-, or Steel-typed moves. Also hold leftovers as it thinks it is damaged by sandstorms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)