Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Thanks so far guys, and endquote, if you really want a stunky, I'll trade one over. It's not that hard for me too do.

I am not looking forward to gardenia without chimchar.

^The Gyarados must always solo the rival's starter. Land the final blow on 2 trainer's Pokemon in order to evolve. Sorry, about the edit.... I forgot about this.

@Sage Chow, if Fusion misses with Thunder during a solo, you cannot use Thunder for the remainder of the battle. If its choice locked, switch to Frustration. For some added difficulty, Fusion is a female Pokemon. Good luck!

The first part is done, time to write an update soon..

@EndQuote; Thanks for clarifying that! I hope I won't have to use the “Get out gym free-cards”. I'll add the rules to the main post. The Withdraw-rule has already cost me a match.. I think it will be the first to go. (2) Points is a good number; it will be challenging enough to get them before Lt. Surge.

@Jimera0; Thanks for the motivation! I'll go with Perish Song and Rest-talk for PP; I guess the exp-share could help if he falls behind too much. My main concern will be switching and PP.. I guess I'll bring Toxic and a load of potions to the E-4..

@King Serperior; LOL! That sounds like the ultimate nemesis for my flaming Rattata! I assume he's the one on route 3. I'll try to make it a epic battle.

@Saiyan: And here I was hoping I found my loophole.. XP I will add the rule to the main post. I'm not sure about the gender though, I'll let the RNG decide it's fate (It's a sore topic after searching the right Wooper for 5 hours).

Blueporygon, reserving a pokemon for you. Will edit later.

EDIT: Blueporygon, take a Bronzor named Tenacity. Tenacity has so much tenacity, he has to earn every move he gets. To do so he must complete the following:
Misc.
1) Be caught at level 15
2) Have a moveset of Confuse Ray/Hypnosis/Imprision/Tackle
For 1 move:
1) Solo 10 trainers
2) Get to level 20 before Maylene, and do NOT participate in the battle
For any other move:
1) Solo 15 trainers
2) Gain at least 7 levels
To evolve:
1)Solo any gym after Wake
2)Learn at least 2 new moves
3)Never leave the party
4)Be the lowest leveled member of your party until Volkner

Good luck, and this will be work at the beginning, but it will pay if you work hard!
Also, I am starting work on Chapter 2 now!

Thought I'd let you guys know that I won't be getting part 3 of my Challange up today or tomorrow. Possibly some time Friday, definitely by Saturday. School work is overwhelming me at the time being - no time for Pokemon.

Blueporygon, take a female Misdreavus and nickname it Fantôme. (The French spelling of Phantom)
There are a number of restrictions on Fantôme, however, they may be removed by completing tasks. Here are the restrictions:
(3) May not evolve
(3) May not use super effective moves
(2) Must always know two non-attacking moves
(1) May not be healed outside of Pokemon Centers with the exception of Gyms
(1) Must not hold an item
Of course, these restrictions CAN be removed. The number in front of them indicates the number of points required to remove them.
Here are the tasks you must complete to remove the restrictions, and again, the number beside them indicates the points rewarded for completing the task:
(3) Must solo 15 Pokemon no lower than 3 levels lower without using any attacking moves
(3) Solo a gym leader (can be done more than once)
(2) Must solo 10 Pokemon no lower than 5 levels lower by only using Astonish and flinching them every time
(2) Must solo your rival (can be done more than once)
(1) Must be the highest leveled Pokemon in the Challange (at one point)
(1) Must be the lowest leveled Pokemon in your Challange (after being in the top 3 leveled at one point)
(0.5) Solo a gym trainer (for a maximum of 5 times)
(0.5) Must win a Super Contest (for a maximum of 5 times, never the same contest)
As you can tell, you can essentially have a Misdreavus/Mismagius without any restrictions if you can earn points to unlock them all. There are more than enough points to unlock everything so you may choose what you'd like to do.

Good luck!

Axmaster, I'd love Aussie, but I don't want to have to solo up to Granite Cave with non scramblemons. Could you please change it to a starter or a pokemon really early on or something?

Why don't you take a lucky 7th scramblemon. I put a lot of care into all of my scramblemons, including the one you gave to me, but I'd prefer if you get lucky number seven. If I must, I will give you another, but I'd rather if you take another 'mon.

Here, Ziposaki, I'll give you a Treecko to either replace or fight alongside your Sableye.
Editing now.

Take a Treecko and name it Grassassin.
The only grass-type move it can use is Absorb.
To evolve, it must solo Roxanne. (Obviously)

As a Grovyle, it becomes obsessed with the bewilderingly named "Greenness"
Previous restrictions no longer apply, but it can never switch out of green-colored pokémon, and must either solo them or die trying.
To evolve to Sceptile, it must solo fifteen green Pokémon.

As a Sceptile, it worries about it's "leaf supply" and tries to conserve PP.
Previous restrictions no longer apply, but it can never use the same move twice in a row, and cannot use a move if it has five or less PP remaining.

Good luck, mate!
Feel free to replace Sableye with Treecko. I'll save Shadow for later. :)

*bites lip* That's a tough one. I hate using more than my party, as they never get evenly trained and by the end something's always way underleveled. In fact, I usually only have 5 pokemon. But I don't want to make you do something you don't want to. I mean, EndQuote has already offered up a replacement. I have to think about this, do I want 7 or 6 pokemon.

It's all right if you only want 6; I'll change everything if you decide you only want that number. Also, please don't peak at what part of chapter 2 is up yet, as I haven't finished with the gym battle yet!

This'll be one of my last updates, at least for my Blue scramble.
After a ton of battling, I finally got my hands on Mimic, and I also took on Blaine, who had some freaking strong pokemon, I was surprised.... But luckily, Blair could deal with them all easily. I started some hardcore grinding, and everybody except Pareras - why do I need him anymore??? - to at least level 40. I took on Sabrina with Pareras but fainted against her Kazam, so I sent Blair to level up. Now, I'm thinking that I will just stop training Pareras, and work on getting my others up to great levels. I will have the game beaten before Friday, and that is a fact.

Blair ~ Blastoise
Level 41
Bite
Ice Beam
Dig
Surf

Ash ~ Raichu
Level 40
Thunderbolt
Growl
Thunder Wave
Quick Attack

Pareras ~ Parasect
Level 35
Mega Drain
Spore
Body Slam
Leech Life

Rooney ~ Sandslash
Level 40
Submission
Strength
Slash
Rock Slide

Bad Horse ~ Rapidash
Level 40
Ember
Fire Spin
Stomp
Take Down

Tri Attack ~ Dodrio
Drill Peck
Mimic
Fly
Tri Attack

Also, I won't be starting a new scramble, at least for a while, since my friend Greg had a proposition. The two of us will be starting a, what I like to call, Rubipphire challange. He will be playing Sapphire, and I, Ruby, and we will choose what pokemon the other will use. I am unsure if there will be restrictions like in scrambles, but this'll be a lot of fun.

@Saiyan: And here I was hoping I found my loophole.. XP I will add the rule to the main post. I'm not sure about the gender though, I'll let the RNG decide it's fate (It's a sore topic after searching the right Wooper for 5 hours).
You should try for it, considering you just have to reset and in my experience a female one shows up alot. Lol. It will be a much more difficult challange if Fusion is female though.

The team is:
  • Must always know Faint Attack & Needle Arm
  • Use RNG before choosing a move, 1 through 4
  • If 1 Needle Arm, if 4 Faint Attack, 2 or 3 pick
  • Cannot battle until has gained five levels from capture

• As Electrike must Howl at smaller opponents before attacking
  • Must learn Quick Attack and Charge
  • After evolving, cannot battle Team Aqua grunts unless last pokemon on team
  • Must solo Archie on each encounter
  • Must use Bite first on pokemon 5+ levels lower
  • Must use Howl or Roar when Attack is lowered
  • Give Spark or Thunder on evolution
  • If solos a gym leader, can replace Quick Attack
  • If solos rival on two occasions, Bite restriction is lifted
  • Must learn and keep Assist and Sing
  • Must solo 50 fighting types
  • Must solo one gym leader
  • Can evolve after she gets every move that 2 of my team knows with Assist
  • Catch as Marill
  • Evolve at level 21
  • Must learn and keep Rollout and Bubblebeam
  • Must learn Iron Tail ASAP
  • Must solo Norman
  • If poisoned, cannot battle until status is cured
  • Must teach it Giga Drain
  • Cannot fight any fire types
  • Must learn Poison Fang
  • Can evolve to Crobat after using Mean Look and then soloing 10 trainer owned pokes

• Only grass type move is Absorb
  • Must solo Roxanne to evolve

• Previous restrictions wiped
  • Cannot switch out of green pokemon, and must solo or faint trying
  • Must solo 15 green pokemon to evolve
  • Previous restrictions wiped
  • Can never use same move twice in a row
  • Cannot use move with 5 or less PP

The story will be divided up into chapters, which will often be very long without too much progress. If you don't like that, don't read. If you do, proceed.

Hey Birchy, how ya doing? Yeah, I know what pokemon are. I am a girl in fact, thanks for asking (ya'll knew that, riiight?). My name? Well it isn't Ticigi (pronounced T C G, creative huh?), but I'm going to say that it is anyways. And oh great, I have to shrink. Apparently you have to be a certain height to be teleported from a black room with just a creepy professor to the back of a truck with your boxes. Good to know.

Hey mom! Yes, it was tiring riding in the moving truck with the boxes. If you care so much, why didn't you do it while I was out in the front seeing how the truck driver magically drives over water (seriously, it's Johto to Hoenn). Oh sweet, I get my own room? Well, it's better than living in the coat closet like I did back in Johto. Oh yeah, Dad bought me a new clock. Exciting. Good thing the battery's dry so it won't affect me at all. Well, let's check my computer and get the obligatory Potion that I almost forget to get every time.

Hey Mom, what are ya watching? I should visit Prof. Birch you say? Not worried about him being a creeper? Well okay then. But I'm gonna explore the town first.

...Mom, you sure this is a town? It has three buildings, and only two of them are houses. Seems like it should be a village. Or maybe even just a community. It's pretty dull too. Well, I guess I'll go see Prof. Birch. Oh, Birch has a son, huh? And he's around my age too, huh? And he was looking forward to meeting me, huh? What an absolute coincidence. Fine, I'll go talk to him.

He's staring at a book? Weirdo. So, Brendan is it. Brendan Birch. Sounds weird too. You want to catch me a pokemon? Sweeet. Wait, you have to help your dad catch some wild pokemon? Idiot. Just give me one of the wild pokemon! ... And he's gone. Geez, if you make a suggestion you know you're not gonna act on, don't suggest it.

Wait, someone's calling for help? Birch? You're getting chased by a Poochyena? Haha. And they told us not to go into the tall grass without a pokemon. In your bag, hm? Get a pokeball? Well, never mind that. First I'll just take this, this, uh, this paper looks important, wait you keep your wallet in your briefcase? Definitely pocketing that...

Kidding, kidding! (Mostly.) So the pokeballs huh? Wait there are three? Ugh, good thing I'm so indecisive. Uhm uhm uhm... I can't decide! Fine. Eenie meenie miney mo, catch an Arcanine by its toe...

Treecko. Fine then. Dang, not female. Jolly... eh, I'll live. Now let's murder this thing. Birch, you couldn't even protect yourself from a level 2 Poochyena? La-ame. Come by your lab later, huh? Do I even have a choice? No, apparently. Whoo, I can keep it! Uhm, nickname... let's go with Grassassin. Phew, barely fit. Thanks for the gift! Wait, there's a catch? I have to go find Brendan on Route 103? Danngg it. Fine, I'll do it just to shut you up. Okay off we go.

Let's grind Grassassin (that's a pain to type) up a little before we go to Oldale though. Level 7, so he gets Absorb at least. Montage music! Do do do do do do do do, do do do do DO do do do do do, do do do dodo do do do, do duh do do do do do~ Aren't I such a good singer? Huh, huh? Whatever. To Oldale!

Hey, whaddaya know, we're in Oldale now. Let's go heal. Do do dodo do!~ I love that 4 note tune that plays when you heal. Thanks for waiting, what, 4 seconds? Weird. I'm leaving. Hey girl who works at Pokemart. "Can I get you to come with me?" I don't have a choice 'cause I have to follow you, so why the heck are you asking? You sell a variety of goods including Pokeballs? LIAR. Ooh, free Potion. All is forgiven. Now I should probably go in and buy some stuff. Kay, I'll buy 3 more potions to make 5. Don't feel like going broke right now. So let's go find that weirdo, Brendan Birch, north of here.

Found him without any encounters. Geez, stupid dead ends. If it's a dead end it doesn't count as a route, Gamefreak. That's an optional training spot you've made required, dammit. Well let's just beat up his Torchic that's 2 levels lower. I would describe a major battle like this one, but it was a stupid 2HKO. Do I havvvvveeee to? No? Good. Ooh, level up. 300 poke, Brendan? Really? That's it? Cheapskate. That's only about 3 bucks. (I think 100 poke equals 1 dollar, 'cause it makes sense.) So you get the feeling I could befriend any pokemon easily, Brendan. Does that extend to my opponent's pokemon? If it does, I could just tell the pokemon not to fight me and cruise through the game.

Let's head back to the Lab by shortcut jumping over ledges that are apparently a one-way trip. Geezus, they only look about 1 foot tall. Do we have no climbing skills or what? I'm not bothering to heal, I only took about 4 damage.

Kay, back in the lab. Yeah, I'm awesome, I creamed your son in one try, Birchy. Extensive history as a trainer? And still has a level 5 Torchic? Yeah right. Sweet, you're giving me a Pokedex. Shiny.... Yayyyyy, thanks weirdo Brendan for the Pokeballs! It's more fun having a bunch of pokemon, huh Brendan? That explains why my runs through the game usually only end up with 5 pokemon, of course. Okay, off to Petalburg because I'm smart and know what to do next. But wait, Mom has something for me, one of the best things introduced in Gen III, dun dun dun....THE RUNNING SHOES! 'Cause I was wearing five inch high heels so I couldn't before, obviously. But I'm gonna end it off here, 'cause this is getting kind of long. So, next time on my Sapphire Scramble, are we going to make it to Petalburg? Hint,the answer is yes! See ya guys then!

~Team Summary~

Grassassin (M) @ Nothing
Jolly nature, Lvl 8
-Pound
-Leer
-Absorb
-
Grassassin has been in one major battle and cleaned up with a 2HKO. And he's my only pokemon, must I say more?

Zorry zipo, I really don't like being the grammar police, but within your electrike's hide bar, what's this about a poochyena?

@Ziposaki, I like Chapter 1 so far. Your writing style is different but fun to read. For some reason, I read it really fast, like it was fast talking. lol

I like that so many people are putting more effort in their updates. The story format is nice and entertaining.

@Zipo
I scanned your story for the point at which you realized Birch actually was a creeper, and the subsequent explosion. . .
I couldn't find it.

Lol

OK, so My team now is:

Pgangster the chimchar
-can only battle in every odd gym
-can only evolve to monferno after maylene, and Infernape after not fighting Byron

Drago the gyrados
-Must Know roar, flamethrower/fire blast, surf and bite.
-Must solo CANdice
-Must solo rival starter
-Land the final blow on 2 trainer pokes to evolve

Funky the stunky:
-Must know screech, posion gas or smolescreen, Night slash and Explosion or memento
-can only eveolve after gettin these moves.

Tenacity the Bronzong
-to earn New moves he has to:
1) Be caught at level 15
2) Have a moveset of Confuse Ray/Hypnosis/Imprision/Tackle
For 1 move:
1) Solo 10 trainers
2) Get to level 20 before Maylene, and do NOT participate in the battle
For any other move:
1) Solo 15 trainers
2) Gain at least 7 levels
To evolve:
1)Solo any gym after Wake
2)Learn at least 2 new moves
3)Never leave the party
4)Be the lowest leveled member of your party until Volkner

Misdreavus named it Fantôme. (The French spelling of Phantom)
There are a number of restrictions on Fantôme, however, they may be removed by completing tasks. Here are the restrictions:
(3) May not evolve
(3) May not use super effective moves
(2) Must always know two non-attacking moves
(1) May not be healed outside of Pokemon Centers with the exception of Gyms
(1) Must not hold an item
Of course, these restrictions CAN be removed. The number in front of them indicates the number of points required to remove them.
Here are the tasks you must complete to remove the restrictions, and again, the number beside them indicates the points rewarded for completing the task:
(3) Must solo 15 Pokemon no lower than 3 levels lower without using any attacking moves
(3) Solo a gym leader (can be done more than once)
(2) Must solo 10 Pokemon no lower than 5 levels lower by only using Astonish and flinching them every time
(2) Must solo your rival (can be done more than once)
(1) Must be the highest leveled Pokemon in the Challange (at one point)
(1) Must be the lowest leveled Pokemon in your Challange (after being in the top 3 leveled at one point)
(0.5) Solo a gym trainer (for a maximum of 5 times)
(0.5) Must win a Super Contest (for a maximum of 5 times, never the same contest)

Looking for a final member (unless i forgot any suggestions already made.)

Ziposaki, I have to say I like Chapter 1 so far. Your writing style is quite intreguing. I need to let you guys know, though, that Chapter 2 is finally done! Yay!!

Blueporygon, take Custom the Starly. It never went OU, and it hates Smogon for that. It wants to show the world it doesnt have to use well-known sets, and it can evolve when it learns one move from its CB set. As a Staravia, it is resentful of the standard move it learned, so it can not use it, but it can not forget it either. It must solo 25 pokes from the DP OU tier (you can use one poke more than once). It must also solo Gardenia's Roserade, Maylene's Lucario, and Wake's Gyarados to evolve again. These do NOT count for the 25. As a Staraptor, it fully embraces its anti-standard nature and is allowed to remove the move it learned to evolve into Staravia, and it may never learn another move from its choiced sets. It must also solo all other DP OU pokes in major battles (rival, gym leader, e4)

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)