Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Oh and Jangrafess, I still have mixed feelings about my Bayleef being LVP. You did ask for difficult, so you got it. So I think I just have to accept the consequence of it sucking so much. It will have its revenge in solo"ing an elite, though, so I am not worrying that much. Keep us informed.
Yeah, I'm not saying I don't like it, just that it's been less valuable to my team than the others! I think that's part and parcel of being a Bayleef in HGSS. I like the challenge you set. :) It's definitely around the difficulty level that I enjoy, despite my moaning about it. :P

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Still need three Apprentice Applications for this!

EDIT: Oh, and added in Espeon65's submission...Braniac the Slowpoke shall solo Workers. THIS I DECREE

Scramble Nuzlocke

Scramblers, I am doing a Nuzlocke of HeartGold based off all of you!! Choose a location (Pre-E4) and I will do my best to capture you. Look at the link for more details.

VM me what Route you want. Its first come, first serve!!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
KS, if you catch the first pokemon you see on each route, then how can you use the species I tell you? Anyway, I'll do it how I perceive it: Route32/mareep/celever

Is that right?

KS, if you catch the first pokemon you see on each route, then how can you use the species I tell you? Anyway, I'll do it how I perceive it: Route32/mareep/celever

Is that right?
No, I have the /Species/ so that people can look into my OP and see what who ended up as.

You want Route32, I take it?

Still need three Apprentice Applications for this!

EDIT: Oh, and added in Espeon65's submission...Braniac the Slowpoke shall solo Workers. THIS I DECREE
Do I have an apprentice for you.

Terrible is a greedy son of monkey, so he must have pickup. But he won't let you have anything that you pickup unless you use it on him. He also thinks that he is the top apprentice. I mean really he is a terrible person, he is clearly the best of the best*. He must know Fling so that he can get rid of items that are useless to him, like repels and potions that you can't use on him right then. Fake out because he loves the ability to flinch people as they bow to his (not) awesomeness. Not only that, but like all bullies he's really scared fighting people that are higher level than him, and loves to pick on other people that are not as high level as him. Must Solo all normal types regardless of level to prove he is the best.

-Must know Fling & Fake Out
-Must have pick up, but you can only take them from them to use on him.
-Can't Switch out against pokemon lower level than him (Assuming battle set)
-Has to switch out against people higher level than him.
-Must Solo All normal types [Regardless of other people's Solos]

*lol

I have an apprentice for you Ullar!

EDIT: Take Spinner the Anorith.

This Anorith is obsessed with the move Rapid Spin. It may never forget Rapid Spin. Thus, whenever hazards are up on your side of the field, it MUST switch in and attempt to spin them away. It knows that every successful Spinner has some Pokemon it can't get past, be it Gengar, Dusknoir, or Rotom. So, it wants to be better than them. It must solo every member of the aforementioned evolutionary lines, boss trainers' Pokemon excepted. It knows its strengths and weaknesses, and so must have 2 (no more, no less) Physical moves, excluding Rapid Spin. It must also know Swords Dance, to further boost its strongest stat.

When you get to Area 10, it must SOLO THE ENTIRE AREA, except for the Boss Trainer. And yes, you must fight all the trainers.

Good luck!

Rodan, you get Rock the Geodude. (no catching wild graveler) Catch one as soon as you can (dark cave).Aside from creative names for the win, geodude can only use moves with rock in their name. Until it learns rock throw at level 16, use anything you like. It can also learn selfdestruct and explosion, because rocks can explode.

For it to evolve to graveler, solo any gym leader you like.

If you cannot trade, it will stay a graveler.
If you can trade, it may evolve for the second time after surviving a super effective water or grass type attack crit from an ingame trainer. Yes, only then. (here is hoping it will not be able to evolve :naughty:)

GL

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Do I have an apprentice for you.

Terrible is a greedy son of monkey, so he must have pickup. But he won't let you have anything that you pickup unless you use it on him. He also thinks that he is the top apprentice. I mean really he is a terrible person, he is clearly the best of the best*. He must know Fling so that he can get rid of items that are useless to him, like repels and potions that you can't use on him right then. Fake out because he loves the ability to flinch people as they bow to his (not) awesomeness. Not only that, but like all bullies he's really scared fighting people that are higher level than him, and loves to pick on other people that are not as high level as him. Must Solo all male pokefans to prove he is the best.

-Must know Fling & Fake Out
-Must have pick up, but you can only take them from them to use on him.
-Can't Switch out against pokemon lower level than him (Assuming battle set)
-Has to switch out against people higher level than him.
-Must Solo All Male Pokefans

*lol
Edited to meet my aforementioned rules. lol, 1/3 chance of getting an Aipom.

I have an apprentice for you Ullar!

EDIT: Take Spinner the Anorith.

This Anorith is obsessed with the move Rapid Spin. It may never forget Rapid Spin. Thus, whenever hazards are up on your side of the field, it MUST switch in and attempt to spin them away. It dislikes rocks of any size, so must solo any Trainer in a room with Strength rocks in it. It knows its strengths and weaknesses, and so must have 2 (no more, no less) Physical moves, excluding Rapid Spin. It must also know Swords Dance, to further boost its strongest stat.

When you get to Area 10, it must SOLO THE ENTIRE AREA, except for the Boss Trainer. And yes, you must fight all the trainers that you encounter.

Good luck!
Again, edited. Sounds good (and hellish).

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Hi Ullar :D

Take Sumo, the Makuhita. Sumo is able to fling his weight around in a number of ways. He must hence hold an Iron Ball, since he believes this weight will help him.

He has a very fixed style of battle, as a trained Sumo. Hence, his movepool is limited to:

1) SmellingSalt
2) Heavy Slam
3) Counter
4) Vital Throw / Seismic Toss / Force Palm

In addition, Sumo must solo any Battle Girl or Black Belt, and MUST when possible lead that battle with a SmellingSalt. In addition, Sumo is uncooperative around doctors and nurses. Should he not get the pleasure of soloing at least one of their mon's, Sumo will be far too grouchy to allow you to heal up.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
Hi Ullar :D

Take Sumo, the Makuhita. Sumo is able to fling his weight around in a number of ways. He must hence hold an Iron Ball, since he believes this weight will help him.

He has a very fixed style of battle, as a trained Sumo. Hence, his movepool is limited to:

1) SmellingSalt
2) Heavy Slam
3) Counter
4) Vital Throw / Seismic Toss / Force Palm

In addition, Sumo must solo any Battle Girl or Black Belt, and MUST when possible lead that battle with a SmellingSalt. In addition, Sumo is uncooperative around doctors and nurses. Should he not get the pleasure of soloing at least one of their mon's, Sumo will be far too grouchy to allow you to heal up.
Nice. I like it! I'll do the RNG when I get home, and if nobody's posted, edit it into this post.

This sounds like fun! I'll do one on Diamond. Medium-hard difficulty please, and I can't trade at all.
Its A Random said:
@ Bard of Rage: You get inb4KS the Cleffa.

inb4KS must have the Cute Charm Ability. inb4KS can only learn Level-Up moves. inb4KS can evolve into Clefairy whenever, but must solo a Gym Leader to evolve into Clefable.

Have fun.
shinyskarmory said:
Bard of Rage, take Medli the female Kricketot/Tune. She loves to make music for everyone around her, which would get really annoying if she wasn't so damn good at making music. Have her learn a movepool of only sound based moves (for this purpose, Bug Buzz counts.
AOPSUser said:
Reserving a starter for Bard of Rage.

EDIT: Take SolarPower the Turtwig.

This is just a normal Turtwig, except that it thinks it has Solar Power. It is constantly worrying about losing health in sun, so it may not evolve until it learns Synthesis (lv. 33, have fun). Once it evolves into Grotle, it thinks that Sun is awesome, so it naturally must learn Sunny Day by TM. Evolve again after doing so.

As a Torterra, it has a fear of every single Ice-type out there (typical). However, it thinks that the best way to beat them is to set up Sun to weaken their attacks. Of course this doesn't work, but it IS fun to try! Every time an Ice-type is sent out by the opponent, it must switch in to use Sunny Day. Solo one of Candice's Pokemon.
Espeon65 said:
@Bard of Rage you seem to have some strange/unique pokemon so far. Let's add on to that. Take NotPsychic the Psyduck. Unlike most Psyducks that have a chronic headache and seem to think they are part psychic, he has no headache and knows he's mono-Water. He can't learn any Psychic-type moves and if he comes with them, they can't be used and must be deleted immediately. Since he thinks all Psyducks are stupid for using Psychic-type moves, he must solo all Psyducks and Golducks. He must solo Crasher Wake to evolve. GL;HF!
Reserving for Bard of Rage ~(^.^)~

Funny thing about me, I always try to make Challanges harder by disallowing STAB. And it gets kinda boring.

So, take STABartist the Carnivine.

Your restrictions are:

STABartist can only use STAB moves.
STABartist must solo an Elite Four of its choice.

Oh, and because I want to win something at the Scramble Awards:

STABartist is literally a stereotypical "starving artist". So, it is extremely hungry and must always hold a berry. In addition, its malnutrition has left it weak and unable to process data stored in TMs and HMs. So, it can only use level-up moves.

GL;HF >:)

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
I have found my apprentice.

He is rather upbeat, with a sparkling outlook on life.

I hope to teach him of the rougher things.

He has a strange disorder, however; He prefers to leave things...

To chance.

Congratulations to King Serperior and Chance the Togepi, who were randomly selected to be Level Up's companion on his adventure! I swear, I chose them using random.org, which is an awesome website.

I'll edit the posts once I have Chance trained up!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@ Rodan: You get Simple the Nidoran-M.

Simple cannot learn moves with a BP of 80 or higher.

Have fun.

@ Bard of Rage: You get inb4KS the Cleffa.

inb4KS must have the Cute Charm Ability. inb4KS can only learn Level-Up moves. inb4KS can evolve into Clefairy whenever, but must solo a Gym Leader to evolve into Clefable.

Have fun.

Bard of Rage, take Medli the female Kricketot/Tune. She loves to make music for everyone around her, which would get really annoying if she wasn't so damn good at making music. Have her learn a movepool of only sound based moves (for this purpose, Bug Buzz counts.

Also, I have to justify making another post that brings me closer to my impending 1K, so I'll just say here that I finished Platinum (finally). To replace it, I'll be doing a Scramblockelet (NEW TERM FTW) on some portable game that I haven't decided on yet. I'll be writing a prose story for this run, but it has a new theme which I think will be interesting enough for people to, you know, actually care about past the first 2 updates.

DO NOT POST CHALLANGES FOR THIS YET!
I'm just posting this so that anybody who might be interested in it can start brainstorming ideas. The OP for this challange will go up as my 1,000th post in this thread, so stay tuned!

(yeah it's a Scramble+Nuzlocke+Gauntlet, come at me)

Reserving a starter for Bard of Rage.

EDIT: Take SolarPower the Turtwig.

This is just a normal Turtwig, except that it thinks it has Solar Power. It is constantly worrying about losing health in sun, so it may not evolve until it learns Synthesis (lv. 33, have fun). Once it evolves into Grotle, it thinks that Sun is awesome, so it naturally must learn Sunny Day by TM. Evolve again after doing so.

As a Torterra, it has a fear of every single Ice-type out there (typical). However, it thinks that the best way to beat them is to set up Sun to weaken their attacks. Of course this doesn't work, but it IS fun to try! Every time an Ice-type is sent out by the opponent, it must switch in to use Sunny Day. Solo one of Candice's Pokemon.

@Rodan take a Chikorita. Must know and keep 2 powder moves ASAP (they can change, but only to other powder moves). Must solo a gym to evolve into Bayleef. Must solo Pryce to evolve into Meganium. GL;HF! Really short and lame, I know, but seems hard enough for me lol.

@Bard of Rage you seem to have some strange/unique pokemon so far. Let's add on to that. Take NotPsychic the Psyduck. Unlike most Psyducks that have a chronic headache and seem to think they are part psychic, he has no headache and knows he's mono-Water. He can't learn any Psychic-type moves and if he comes with them, they can't be used and must be deleted immediately. Since he thinks all Psyducks are stupid for using Psychic-type moves, he must solo all Psyducks and Golducks. He must solo Crasher Wake to evolve. GL;HF!

Also, an update on my Diamond Scramble: I can't find my other DS to trade Mime Jr. and Diglett over right now. I need to get a friend to help me, but he hasn't been able to yet. Sorry if anyone wanted to see how good/bad their pokemon is; please be patient, and I'll have my first complete update up next weekend. (I might have a short little one during the week that says I've started)

Bard of Rage, you got PetMe the starly.

This starly can only use moves with a max base power of 1.5 times it level, excluding stab. The only exception to this rule is tackle, which you can use until you get to the necessary level to really start the challenge (level 24, as tackle is 35 bp). Until then, you can only use tackle. If you decide to teach it hm's, you can, but they can only be used in battle when they fit the restriction. (so in-battle fly from level 60 onwards :naughty:) You can also tach it higher base powered moves to use when you gain levels, but you can only start using them when you reach the appropriate level. This challenge will be the hardest early on, but will get easier when you gain levels.

It may evolve for the first time after solo'ing your friend once. It may evolve again after solo'ing either the ice gym leader or the electric gym leader. The choice is yours!

Have fun and Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)