Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

PikaSai's Pokemon SoulSilver Scramble Challange

• This is a monotype Flying challenge. At least 4 Pokemon must be catchable before the Elite 4.
  • That's all, though I would appreciate some creative ideas.

PikaSai, take a zubat and call it sucks.
Sucks sucks, in both ways to take it, however it grows attached to each of its sucking techniques. This means that the first HP draining move you use on Zubat it must keep forever, and it may never use any other HP draining attacks besides that attack. This means you may want to do some some switch training at the start of Sucks's life until it gets another good attack.
Now sucks knows that it is feeble, and as such needs empowerment before it can evolve. Solo a gym leader with sucks and it can be a golbat ASAP, but it has to evolve the first level after the solo as empowerment only lasts so long.
Oh, and it believes sol'ing Bugsy is too hard since suck sucks at the type chart, so you can't solo him.

As a Golbat, you must rename it rulez.
Rulez thinks it rulez, it is cocky and loves itself. As such, it must know attract ASAp and never forget it, as it is so in love with itself. Furthermore, it believes that since it rulez so bad it can't evolve. Anyway, as a Golbat, it has that scary Red sprite, so it must know some kind of scary move, these are any ghost attacks, or something like scary face. Also anything with a flinch chance. Anyway, (x2!) the hP draining move from as a zubat still stands, as well as he must solo another gym leader, as he rulez so bad.

@PikaSai I have two choices for you...mono-Flying or mono-Poison. And I feel like mono-Poison is a little overdone, so...

Take Angry Bird the Natu! This Natu is really angry that everyone thinks it's so weak! It may onle ever use STAB moves! It must solo every pokemon with a SE STAB on it (Dark, Ghost, Ice, Electric, and Rock)! It must solo a gym leader to evolve! It must solo 1 E4 member! GL;HF!

Pikasai, take Yossarian the Pidgey for your SoulSilver run. Yossarian isn't fighting for you because he wants to, he's fighting for you because of Catch-22. You have to drag him kicking and screaming to every battle. As such, he will never fight any opponent who is higher level then him or has a type advantage against him.

Catch-22 is making it impossible for Yossarian to leave your party, no matter how hard he tries. He must solo twenty trainer battles to evolve into Pidgeotto, then an additional 5 trainer battles for each new move you wish to teach him. Once you reach 40 total trainer soloes, you may forgo teaching Yossarian a new move at any time to evolve him into Pidgeot.

(The same challenge SS gave Mystic!)

@Pikasai, for your SS Flying challenge, I give you... Impaler the Skarmory!

Impaler used to belong to the lead singer of the Kanto based Death Metal band, ThunderPunch. He wanted to be just like his owner, but no matter how hard he tried, his voice remained quiet and unimpressive.
One day, he flew off in secret to better his cries, but when he returned, unbeknownst to him, his owner had been drafted into the army. Believing he'd been abandoned, he flew off to start a new life in Johto, in the hopes that one day, he'll be worthy of his old master's respect...

Rules:

- Since he needs to work on his voice, he will refuse to fight until he learns Metal Sound. And after that, it must be his first move every time he comes out. Also, he believes Sugar is bad for the throat, so he won't accept any Berries or Rare Candies.

- As a sign of respect to Metal, he will not battle any Rock, Steel, or Poison types. And no Guitarist trainers.

- He must always know one Steel attack, and one attack involving either slashing or stabbing (true to his name)

- He must finish off every pokémon he battles with said slashing attack (Crits from other moves are excusable)

- If he faints (Totally not Metal!), he must solo the very next trainer battle he can to make up for it.

- To prove himself as a badass, he will demand to solo any 2 of the Elite 4/Champion (Obviously not Koga)

- As revenge for his "abandonment," he must solo his former owner, Surge. Including Magneton, the replacement band mascot.

- Finally, he hates mainstream music, so he will never set foot in either Radio Tower.

Enjoy!
(Also, I know I keep saying "he," but Skarmory are rare, and he's only Male in my head, so he can be Female)

Turbo always was thé fastest Pokémon in the National Park, untill his friend, Nincada, evolved. He was so angry that he was no longer the fastest Pokémon around, and he wanted to prove that he still was faster then all others in the Park. As a Scyther, therefor:
- It can only use priority moves unless it's boosted with 2 agilities.
- It must solo any pokémon that have higher then his speed.
For Scyther to evolve (if you can trade, that is.) he must defeat 50 Nincadas, and you must win a National park competition.
As a Scizor, it realizes that speed isn't everything, and he refuses to use priority or speedboosting moves. Instead, it now wants to kill everything, and it needs to hold an item boosting his STAB or a choice band. He must use a damaging move with the highest damage output at all times, and, due to him wanting to punch things, doesn't switch out.
I hope that's not too hard or easy, this is my first mon.

Catch Lady the female Ledyba. This Lady has her caring and her feminist side. On her shy side, it overshadows her movepool: She wants to learn a very specific movepool (ASAP) and keep these moves once learned. This consists of all moves she thinks guard her: Light Screen, Reflect, Safeguard and (Comet Punch replaced by) Swift. She cares so much for her other party members that she wants to always lead the party, unless conflicting with other challenges. She may be absent from every third battle in a row, but has to lead your party the next battle again. When Lady faints, you have to revive her immedeatly, as it would be rude to keep a lady fainted. Her caringness comes with a set counter, as Lady uses a specific move as her first move when she enters battle:

1-2: Use Light Screen when you enter the battle field
3-5: Idem for Reflect
5-7: Idem for Safeguard
8-10: Use any of the above three

Lady starts out at 1, and the counter raises for every super effective hit you are hit by, and lowers by 1 for every not very effective hit you are hit by.

Lady can be quite feminine too. She wants to solo one Johto gym leader, one Kanto entire gym, one main story organization boss and one elite four/champion both the first and second time round. Why, you might ask? Lady's are generally considered weak. This lady here wants to prove that prejudice is incorrect. Whenever you faint on your chosen boss battles, she gets really angry and throws away 10% of your items.

When she has completed two of her solo's, she gets overexited and evolves. As soon as she has done three of her solo's, she realizes her attacks are quite weak, and she gains the will and therefore ability to learn bug buzz.

So, the team is now complete. The first update will be up as soon as I'm far enough to make it interesting.

Well, as I'm still bored, why not give you a scramblemon, eh?

Turbo the Scyther

Turbo always was thé fastest Pokémon in the National Park, untill his friend, Nincada, evolved. He was so angry that he was no longer the fastest Pokémon around, and he wanted to prove that he still was faster then all others in the Park. As a Scyther, therefor:
- It can only use priority moves unless it's boosted with 2 agilities.
- It must solo any pokémon that have higher then his speed.
For Scyther to evolve (if you can trade, that is.) he must defeat 50 Nincadas, and you must win a National park competition.
As a Scizor, it realizes that speed isn't everything, and he refuses to use priority or speedboosting moves. Instead, it now wants to kill everything, and it needs to hold an item boosting his STAB or a choice band. He must use a damaging move with the highest damage output at all times, and, due to him wanting to punch things, doesn't switch out.
I hope that's not too hard or easy, this is my first mon.

reserving for PikaSai

Catch Lady the female Ledyba. This Lady has her caring and her feminist side. On her shy side, it overshadows her movepool: She wants to learn a very specific movepool (ASAP) and keep these moves once learned. This consists of all moves she thinks guard her: Light Screen, Reflect, Safeguard and (Comet Punch replaced by) Swift. She cares so much for her other party members that she wants to always lead the party, unless conflicting with other challenges. She may be absent from every third battle in a row, but has to lead your party the next battle again. When Lady faints, you have to revive her immedeatly, as it would be rude to keep a lady fainted. Her caringness comes with a set counter, as Lady uses a specific move as her first move when she enters battle:

Lady starts out at 1, and the counter raises for every super effective hit you are hit by, and lowers by 1 for every not very effective hit you are hit by.

Lady can be quite feminine too. She wants to solo one Johto gym leader, one Kanto entire gym, one main story organization boss and one elite four/champion both the first and second time round. Why, you might ask? Lady's are generally considered weak. This lady here wants to prove that prejudice is incorrect. Whenever you faint on your chosen boss battles, she gets really angry and throws away 10% of your items.

When she has completed two of her solo's, she gets overexited and evolves. As soon as she has done three of her solo's, she realizes her attacks are quite weak, and she gains the will and therefore ability to learn bug buzz.

GL

reserving for PikaSai

GL
You, sir, are a sadist :P

I would like to get a sort of special challange! I feel like I quit all my scrambles/gauntlets because the challanges and hard, un-fun crap outweigh the fun stuff. So, I'm going to be choosing my team! It will list the name of the pokemon along with where each will be caught! (It will be on SoulSilver)

Spearow (Route 46), Geodude (Route 46), Oddish (Ilex Forest), Vulpix (Route 36), Snubbull (Route 38), and Seel (Route 47)!

Easy/Medium
Nothing tedious, please!
No specific genders (especially on Snubbull it's gonna be a pain to find anyway...)
Make the challanges fun; nothing boring that has no meaning or importance like "Can't use _____ attacks. Has to solo a gym leader. GL;HF"

EDIT: If you're out off by that last statement, I don't mean you can't give stuff like that. They just have to have importance to a bigger picture/story. Like "He wants to get over his fear of Fighting types by soloing Chuck" just not "Solo Chuck. Have fun!"

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
When you are walking through Ilex forest, you trip over! Oh no! When you try to stand back up, your leg feels really numb. You then look down and see an oddish looking really hurt. Feeling guilty, you take a potion out of your bag and spray the oddish to make it feel better. Oddish then looks at your knee and sheepishly brings out a paralyz heal. "Odd, oddeesh!" It exclaims as you spray the heal onto your leg and immediately feel better. Here, take effect the Oddish!
Effect isn't proud of its ability at all. It likes love and hugs, but it hurts everything that gives it some! Effect's therapist explains that it can change - with the help of a trainer - and lucky, he picked you (more out of pity than anything!). His therapist gave him a sheet of paper to give to said trainer, along with the help of his girlfriend, open the envelope to see what it says!
Vile, pluplu!! Lume,lume,lume, vilossom! Bell, bellossom! Bellossososos, emulpeliv... Solosob!

You look up from the leaf to Effect and he just :D so you figure out that you need a translator. Call professor Elm, and he will tell you "I gave you an egg, go hatch it". You are not allowed to have hatched the egg by this point, as later on you will have to travel back to the lab and shove it in Elm's face. "I don't want your stupid egg, now you told me you have a pokemon translator, translate this!" Elm explained that he does not have a translator for psychiatrist vileplume, and bellossom is an extremely complex language, but he says that miltank and Clefairy now have to take either vileplume or bellossom as a major test at school. You must then go up to Whitney "Your team can help me translate this letter, please let them! "Sure Sweety, but beat me in a battle first, and only the tough pokemon can know the contents of this leaf!" So Effect most solo Whitney! Afterwards, it turns out that both Miltank and Clefairy took bellossom at school; so they managed to tell you "Poli, wrath wrath, poliiiiiiiiiimape!" Seriously? Chuck has those pokemon, very well...
Effect tried to run on water! It was cute actually, but it gained a fear. It wanted to take on Chuck so hard that it almost drowned, and now doesn't have the power to attack water types. When you get to cianwood, though, Chuck says sure, I'll help you translate, Primeape speaks vileplume too! The letter reads "Effect spore will disappear when there is sunshine". As such Effect needs to have sun up at all times - otherwise he must status the opponent immediately in every battle. This counts for every battle before the leaf is translated too.

In short;
Oddish named Effect
Effect has to status pokemon the second it switches into a battle, except when sun is up.
Must know sunny day
Can't use status when sun is up, as it no longer has effect spore
Must solo Whitney
When you get to olivine, it can't attack water types (you may want to get rid of pryce first, idk)
Anything else I missed, oh, when caught go back to Elm. Also use a potion on Effect as soon as you catch it.

I would like to get a sort of special challange! I feel like I quit all my scrambles/gauntlets because the challanges and hard, un-fun crap outweigh the fun stuff. So, I'm going to be choosing my team! It will list the name of the pokemon along with where each will be caught! (It will be on SoulSilver)

Spearow (Route 46), Geodude (Route 46), Oddish (Ilex Forest), Vulpix (Route 36), Snubbull (Route 38), and Seel (Route 47)!

Easy/Medium
Nothing tedious, please!
No specific genders (especially on Snubbull it's gonna be a pain to find anyway...)
Make the challanges fun; nothing boring that has no meaning or importance like "Can't use _____ attacks. Has to solo a gym leader. GL;HF"

EDIT: If you're out off by that last statement, I don't mean you can't give stuff like that. They just have to have importance to a bigger picture/story. Like "He wants to get over his fear of Fighting types by soloing Chuck" just not "Solo Chuck. Have fun!"
Alright - I may as well get as many stories out there as I can.
Take Dizzy the Geodude.

Dizzy hatched while his egg was rolling down the hill between Routes 47 & 46.

- He loves dizzying sensations, so the only moves he wants to use are ones which involve rolling or slamming in some way (Tackle, Defense Curl, Rollout, etc.)

- He can only evolve into Graveller after he has reached 5 consecutive Rollouts at least 4 times.

- To evolve into Golem, he must solo one Gym Leader and one Rival battle with Rollout alone (Defense Curl can be used first)

- As a Golem, he'll also come to love vibrations, so he must learn Earthquake ASAP & never forget it.

Shouldn't be too tough :P

EDIT: OK, since someone else has bagsied Whitney, I've abolished the Miltank condition..

And, as celeverr suggested in IRC, I shall post chapter 1 here aswell, it's in the main post too.
This is a story about a girl, a rich kid that always got what she wanted. She therefor grew up as someone that thought she could get anything what she wanted, and she demanded a lot. After that terrible accident with her father, her mom just gave her everything, as she was all her mom had. But things had to change, so her mom decided to drop Elena (the rich girl.) of at prof. Rowans lab. She had to do a certain task for him, filling the Pokédex!

The day her mom told her that she had fill the Pokédex for Rowan, she got extremely mad at her. Mom pushed her though, and when she arrived Elena got over it a little bit. Rowan was a fine man, he had white hair, and, in Elena's eyes, was faaaaar too old to do anything with Pokémon. Elena said: "Tssk, who are you then? The cleaner?" Rowan's pride couldn't take that, and he shouted: "I'm Rowan, a Pokémon proffesor, and you, little girl, should listen very carefully, as this world isn't without danger." After that first little outburst, Rowan calmed down, he then said: "Hmm... I guess I was a little hard on you, but still, you should be carefull. Now, to get on the topic, you are here to choose your Pokémon, I have: Washy the Piplup, a very strong fellow, that can take even the hardest hits and I have Shellleaf the Turtwig, he can produce massive earthquakes, once it's big enough." Elena wasn't that impressed by these two, and she said: "I don't like those, do you have more?" Rowan thought carefully, and then said to one of his apprentices, Lucas, that he had to get the one... Lucas went out and got a Chimchar, and gave it to Rowan after he returned. Th e proffessor waited for a few seconds, and then said: "This is Different, the Chimchar. He is... well, Different and I don't think you are ready for it..." Elena wasn't impressed by the little chimp, and she actually thought it was cute. She said: "Aaaaaah he is soooo cute, I want HIM." Rowan gave him to her, and she ran away as quickly as she could.

Her friend Ralph came, and he said that he had taken Washy, and he wanted to go to some sort of lake Elena never heard of, looking for a certain pokémon. She kinda liked Ralph, so she came along. Suddenly, a wild Starly came out of the grass, Elena started screaming like a madman! Her friend said: "Calm down, Elena, use your Pokémon!" "Oh, right, I have a Pokémon now!" Elena said. The girl was clumsy and the Pokéball almost fell out of her hand. Different came out, and he killed the Starly with ease, and Elena even was proud on him. Ralph then said: "Good job, Elena and Different, you guys just trashed that Starly." After the Starly, she went back to home, and even her mom was proud.

I'm liking the layout so far! :)

There's no point in it this chapter, but the only thing I'd add is a Team Summary at the end of future chapters. Just for the sprites, natures, moves & levels at the time.

Dizzy and Effect both accepted, but a question about Effect-can it evolve into Vileplume OR Bellossom, or is there a specific one to evolve into?

Celever

i am town
Dizzy and Effect both accepted, but a question about Effect-can it evolve into Vileplume OR Bellossom, or is there a specific one to evolve into?
It can evolve into either. Vileplume is pretty much my favorite gen 1 pokemon though, so I would prefer it if you could evolve it into vileplume. If you really want bellossom though, then that's good.

Also did you like the story layout? :P

Edit: Darkness and I have plotted something on irc for his scramble... but no telling what it is! :)

It can evolve into either. Vileplume is pretty much my favorite gen 1 pokemon though, so I would prefer it if you could evolve it into vileplume. If you really want bellossom though, then that's good.

Also did you like the story layout? :P
Okay, I prefer Vileplume to Bellossom as well. But yes, I did like the story layout! It was great!

I have some question before I start my Challange. Some are very general, some directly concern certain Pokemon.

• What does solo mean? Does it mean I have to knock out all Pokemon with one or that I can only use one Pokemon for the whole battle?
  • Concerning Scarmory: every E4 except Will has one Rock, Steel or Poison type, therefore, I cannot solo 2 E4 members in one gauntlet. Do I have to solo Will twice?
  • Is it allowed to solo a gymleader in a rematch at the Safron Dojo?

Celever

i am town
Solo means defeat the whole gym leader or pokemon or whatever with that pokemon only. If it is "solo <insert gym leader>" then yes, only that pokemon for the whole fight.

Darkness and I have plotted something on irc for his scramble... but no telling what it is! :)

PikaSai, concerning your first question, solo means you have to beat whatever with only that Pokemon. For example, if one of your Pokemon has to solo a Gym Leader, that means said Pokemon is the only one that can knock out the Gym Leader's Pokemon. You can switch to other Pokemon to heal, but the one that has to solo the Gym Leader is the only one that can knock any Pokemon.

EDIT: Celever you ninja :/.

Although this is the definition of solo
It's_A_Random said:
A Solo is defined as defeating a Pokemon/Trainer/Whatever with one Pokemon. If you switch in another Pokemon while attempting the solo, then it is not a solo. In special cases where the solo is extremely hard (e.g. Gligar soloing Candice), then you can send a healer in, as long as it is all they do; act as death fodder while healing up the soloer. They may not attack at all.
if you want to make things more interesting you can do a "real" solo, that is: play like the soloing pokemon is the only one in your party, so if he faints you've to redo the battle.

I have some question before I start my Challange. Some are very general, some directly concern certain Pokemon.

• What does solo mean? Does it mean I have to knock out all Pokemon with one or that I can only use one Pokemon for the whole battle?
  • Concerning Scarmory: every E4 except Will has one Rock, Steel or Poison type, therefore, I cannot solo 2 E4 members in one gauntlet. Do I have to solo Will twice?
  • Is it allowed to solo a gymleader in a rematch at the Safron Dojo?
Do they? My bad - I haven't played HG/SS in a couple years now... OK, Just Will once.

As for Saffron Dojo, I would guess it doesn't count as a proper Gym, unless there was literally no other way to meet the requirement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)