Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Reserving for Serperior

Alright Mr. Perversity, you get Stylica (no relation to my earlier Styla challenge biologically, but both Rangers). As usual, Stylica can only fight wild Pokemon. Being a Ranger, her job involves getting Pokemon to assist her. So, you must use her, and only her, to catch a Pokemon. You may then use that Pokemon, but since it's easy to medium, I'll make it that that Pokemon is choiced (for Styla, that Pokemon was only allowed one attack, one use only, so consider yourself lucky). That Pokemon may be used in one battle. Then, box it or release it, doesn't really matter. You can do this however many times you want, so catch stronger and stronger Pokemon, and make sure to keep Stylica at a high level, so she can catch stronger Pokemon.

Stylica herself may be any pokemon you want, but it must be the 10th, 15th, 20th and so on wild Pokemon you find. So if you see a Shinx as your 10th, then decide you don't want a Shinx, then keep encountering wilds until the 15th, and decide if you want that. After you catch it, check its
gender. If its female, that's Stylica. If not, catch another of that species which is female (because I for one don't like the male Ranger's uniform, it looks so stupid...). You must have caught Stylica before obtaining the 2nd badge.

Stylica's solo will be conducted using a surrogate Pokemon you catch as part of her requirements. This Pokemon is choiced, but only per Pokemon. So, if your gym leader starts out with Floatzel, then you lock yourself into Thunderbolt, when Floatzel dies and something else comes out, you may choose another move to lock yourself into. For that matter, solo Wake and his entire gym (which is not possible with only electric moves due to dual types, so choose a grass type for this one, or at least something that has a grass move to kill Quagsire). If your surrogate Pokemon dies, Stylica herself may come in, and use one move, once only. If you haven't won by then, soft reset and try again

When you get to the E4, catch a Pokemon, the same choiced restrictions apply to this Pokemon as they did to the one that soloed Wake. You must make a decision. If you go into the E4 battle with the Pokemon just caught/healed/whatever, then that pokemon may attack 10 times. If you decide to train it up a level first, then it can use 9 moves. Another level, and you get 8 moves, and so on (healing with items doesnt count as a move).

Reason: I went with this because I wanted something a bit out there, and also because I had Styla as a template, and it's late now. But, you said you wanted creativity, so instead of being creative myself, I found a creative way to bend your rules to make you have to be creative instead, in choosing how to best use Stylica's capabilities. :)

Edit: ah right, I posted before you edited in your theme, so I didn't see it (since this post is on the next page. I'll just post a new one below, and keep the above for another time.

You get...a Gible. Editing now

Make sure this Gible is female, it's Saphira. Since Saphira starts out by ripping the skin from Eragon's legs, she must hurt you as well. So, basically you have to make a sacrifice. Throw away items until you have no money left. That's because Saphira needs a lot of food. Then, throw away all your items, because the RaZac burnt them all. When you leave Carvahall (I.e. wherever you catch Gible), you meet a wise guy, who for all intents and purposes serves no real meaning to anyone or anything. Therefore, just kill all hikers you find until you kill 5 of them. Because they spend too much time storytelling and along anyways.

After that, when you get to a forest, you have to respect nature, or else elves eill kill you. And lock you out of Ellesmera forever. So, no attacking plants (I.e. grass types) with Saphira.

If you're stuck in a cave, good news, you get to drink lots of Faelnirv, so you get really drunk. Lead with Saphira always when in a cave, and in a battle, put the DS down, and using the stylus, randomly tap the screen (with your eyes shut) until you do something (this is because when drunk, you can't make decisions very well) like attacking or using an item or whatnot.

And if you ever happen to head to an island, then you will respect Cuaroc, meaning you will a) shut up and listen, and b) be absolutely worried about protecting heart of hearts. So you must not let any of your pokemon faint, except Saphira (who would theoretically die to protect them) while on an island.

On, and because she's always worried about dragons going extinct, she can't faint any male Pokemon (with the exception of caves where you have no idea what the hell you're doing because the dwarves gave you so much Faelnirv).

There, that should do. Went with this because I felt like staying away from Inheritance, which is a book I was disappointed with. So, stayed as close to the start as possible, Cuaroc notwithstanding.

Edit 2:damnit, now Saiyan ninjas me.

Ah to hell with it. Take a RaZac. It's evil. It hates you. It wants to kill you. It's also a flying type. Any flying type. Make sure you know at least 1 bug/dark move. If you should ever be near Helgrind (read, in a mountainous place or cave), you must worship, so throw out every item in your bag.

When you get to Hearthome, you realise the contest hall is actually the place of worship for those who worship Helgrind. So, RaZac must then beat one contest, at it's highest level. It also cuts off one arm, so of its four limbs (read: four moves), it loses one. Choose one to cut off, you may never use that moveslot ever again.

When you get to Sunyshore, it's way too damned bright. Go kill Volkner, for his sun-lovingness is annoying and stupid. In fact, kill his entire gym, RaZac doesn't like electric types. Then, to show thanks to Helgrind for your successful solo, cut off your remaining arm (read: you lose another moveslot).

When you reach the champion, as a sacrifice for good luck, before the battle, cut off a leg (read: one move only).

There, that should do. Reason: I'm pissed off at being ninja'd with Saphira, so I wanted something evil and disgusting.

Reserving for Serperior. Editing immediately.

Eragon is one of my favorite books xD. Take Angela the female Gardevoir. She is a mysterious witch with even more mysterious magical powers. And since she always says ,"I'll tell you later" when asked about her backstory, you don't know anything about why she has the challenges she has or even how far her powers extend.

Solo Cyrus the last time you fight him because his obsession with creating a perfect world reminds you of Galbatorix (that asshole).

Solo Byron because you don't like his steel pokemon.

"Come on, shinyskarm, you can do better than that!"

Yes, I can. She also has a knack for herbs and poison, so you may only heal her in battle with medicine bought from the Herb Shop (which iirc is in Celestic Town but I could be wrong) and she must learn toxic, so she can poison entire opposing armies like she did near the end of Eldest. To represent her magical powers, give her 3 moves of different types (doesn't matter what they are).

One more thing. To represent the amazing trick she pulls with magic in Inheritance, killing about 20 guys at once, she must score at least 2 KOes on 1 turn at some point in the game. It is up to you how you do this.

Have fun.

@waterwarrior, sure only once per battle is fine, it was kind of vague.

@shinyskarmory, no problem, just wanted to help you out.

@King Serperior, you get Saphira the Gible. Preferably Female.
The challange is based on quotes she has said:

"Find peace in who and what you are."
-Know 1 Dragon move, 1 Ground move, Sandstorm (for Sand Veil), and a non Dragon or Ground move of your choice.
-Solo 10 Pokemon with only Dragon moves and 10 with only Ground moves, in a Sandstorm, to evolve into Gabite.

"It is our destiny to attempt the impossible, to accomplish great deeds regardless of fear."
-Solo Caitlyn to defeat its greatest fear, Ice types, using only STAB moves.
-Solo 30 Ice types with 7 badges to evolve into Garchomp.

Have fun!

Shiny Skamr, Stylica's already soloing Wake, so you'll need to choose someone else.

Also, I read all four books too. Nice story, up until Inheritance. Not going to say why, but Inheritance felt like...well, it's what Star Wars would've been if it had ended at A New Hope instead of Return of the Jedi. Anyways, back onto scrambling...

Current team:
1. Ralts (shiny Skarmory)
2. Auto reserved by Axemaster
3. Gible (Super sayian)
4. Threadshot
5. Still open
6. Still open

Shiny, what do I do until I can get to the herb shop? Only heal at pokecenters and creepy old lady's houses?

That is correct. Note that you can use whatever items you want on other pokemon; the restriction applies only to Angela.

And for the double kill challenge, both pokemon must die from damage directly or indirectly inflicted by Angela. You'll have to figure it out by yourself.

Chapter 4 of my Farfetch'd Heart Gold Scramble is complete! Right now my team is pretty well cruising, although Dux fainted for the first time. Cannot really say I have an LVP, though that should change in the next chapter.

Reserved for Serperior

Eragon FTW!!!!!

Arya the Budew/Roselia/Roserade. She must be a female Budew, males will not acceptable. And during the course of using her she cannot use any Poison-type moves, due to that the fact that I cannot remember a single time when Arya used a poison on her foes.

Due to Eragons infatuation with Arya, this Budew/Roselia/Roserade must be taught attract-- and keep attract until the end of the game. Also, because Arya used the spell Brisignr in the 4th book, the pokemon must use a fire type move at least 5 times (up to you how you do this and how many trainers you face to accomplish this-- as in you can use 1 fire type move in 5 different battles, or 5 fire type moves in 1 battle)

Because Arya is technically a Shadeslayer, you must solo Fantina with this Pokemon. As well as KO Cythia's Spiritomb with Arya. Also, Arya must be the one to KO Cynthia's Garchomp. (For reasons that you know, cause you read the 4th book, but I dont want to be a spoiler.) This means she must be the one to inflict direct Damage to Garchomp when it is KO'd-- have fun with that lol

Also, since Arya never seemed to get beaten, your Arya is only allowed to faint a total of 3 times.

@Whoever this may concern: Sorry if this post has some problem with it, this is my first time ever helping with a Scramble Challenge

Good Luck, have fun

Reserved for Serperior.

King, you get Gablatorix the Swablu.

Being a Rider, he will not die of natural causes. To ensure that, he must use Safeguard against all Pokemon which can cause status ailments. If you forget twice, you can't use it for the remainder of the battle.

When his first dragon, Jarnunvösk, is killed and he is not allowed another one, the enraged Galbatorix turns against the Riders. Kill one dragon type and
kill 4 flying types. (I think that's how many Riders there are, excluding himself?)

His unusual (and growing) magical strength is derived from the captured souls of dead dragons, the Eldunarí, which means "heart of hearts". To use a move with over 60 Base Power, he must solo 1 dragon each.

Also must never come out after Angela. (Read super sayian's challange for why.)

Solo Maylene, because her father is secretly King Angrenost in disguise.

Have fun!

(I've never read Eragon)

King

Take Oromis the Buizel.

Due to his injury, Oromis may not use special attack moves, furthermore, his injury cripples him if he overexertes himself, and so you can only use half the pp of his moves in one battle. If you go over, you must use a healing item. you may then use half of the half pp remaining.

To evolve into floatzel, all other pokemon on your team must have evolved at least once.

Oromis must be knocked out by Cynthia's garchomp. you may not use him again against her.

Edit: Gah I type slow. Nevermind

Don't worry Ranger, look at my post. I typed slow, so while I was typing Sepr editing his theme, rendering Stylica useless. Then, I state Im editing a Gible, only to have SAiyan give a Gible while I'm editing. Typing slow is a pain sometimes.

I still need a starter for my diamond scramble.

EDIT: and one other pokemon

Edit 2:
spot 1: threadshot A1
spot 2: gamer4000
spot 3: Endquote
spot 4: jessifer

@Threadshot: Yours >_>

I understand your frustrations, but that reminds me of that "Redfoo" Challange from a while back...

As it stands, here is my team:

1. ShinySkarmory's Ralts
2. supersaiyan's Gible
3. Demo's Rosarade
4. Gamer's Swablu
5. Ax's poke
6. Threadshot's flying type (Gligar)

Redfoo? What's that?

And what do you want to take out? I tried to make it as easy as I could, aside from the contest part which i said you could take out. What else is there to take out? You said you wanted a solo, so I made RaZac solo Volkner and his cronies. Don't see how I could make it easier. Please, enlighten me on how I can make it easier

Edit: I suppose you can keep half your items, though I said you had to throw them, I didn't say you couldn't restock afterwards. It only counts the first time you get to a cave, not every time you return to said cave.

Don't worry Ranger, look at my post. I typed slow, so while I was typing Sepr editing his theme, rendering Stylica useless. Then, I state Im editing a Gible, only to have SAiyan give a Gible while I'm editing. Typing slow is a pain sometimes.
I didn't ninja you at all, I made Saphira long before you did, you just didn't read my post. I made that challange while you still had Stylica active with no mention of a Gible Challange. I look for those things.

It is mainly the items issue. It was the flying type issue, but I just remembered Gligar :)

Ok, you get the spot. (don't like to 3-moves only thing, but I guess I can deal with it.)

Gligar is part flying, damn, I didn't realize you could get one. Oh well, seems fair enough. Plus, he's evil enough (or at least Gliscor looks evil to me), so it'll do. I didn't honk that would be a problem though.

I would like, for the record, say that I wasn't being mean to make you solo Volkner with a Flying type. It's 1:40 am when I made that challenge, so I'm so tired I completely forgot flying type was weak tl electric. Contrary to the usual, I wasn't indulging my sadistic side. Sorry if it seemed like I was.

I'll make a placeholder for you Ranger, but I would like to know your rules.

@Threadshot: that is ok. I can deal with the "three moveslots only" if I need to, though that will be pretty annoying...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)