1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Theorymon!

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by metamega, Aug 21, 2009.

1. metamega

metamega

OK! i have been searching the smogon forums and have come to a conclusion that there is not enoug theorymon, for those not in the know, theorymon is where people discuss pokemon theory without the practise, we give ideas and opinion, henceforth, in this thread feel free to post any:

what ifs (please avoid "what if [POKEMON] could learn [MOVE]") as this is not what this post is about, post things such as "what if there was a way to use lucario or tyranitar twice?" and things like that.

novelty sets created by yourself or rare sets that we do not see in everyday competitive battling

statements such as "not many people can counter tyranitar and lucario more than twice" or "gyarados cannot be countered if..."

also, you can post questions such as, "what can counter...?" or
    "is it possible to...?"

without further ado, welcome back theorymon and post any queries/ possibilities/ ideas tht may be locked away inside your head!
  2. Tangerine

Tangerine Where the Lights Are
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I'm almost certain we have enough Theorymon. He does write that much, after all.
  3. reachzero

reachzero the pastor of disaster
    is a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I think Theorymon might cry if he knew he was being associated with this thread. He is a much, much better user than metamega.
  4. diinbong

diinbong *it's in you to give*
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I agree that Theorymon really hasn't been pulling his own weight around C&C. Smogon needs more Theorymon!
  5. cim

cim happiness is such hard work
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

i cannot have enough theorymon in my life i love that lad
  6. Scofield

Scofield Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

I would've lost my mind if this thread were actually made by theorymon.
  7. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Ok I'm going to restart this thread in the intended direction by posting some theorymon of a gen5 poke. I think this poke has great potential to threaten the current metagame with the following set:

[​IMG]
    Tangerine @ Choice Scarf
    Adamant | Iron Fist
    - Nasty Plot
    - Infract
    - Hammer Arm
    - Natural Gift

In the past, Tangerine was very adamant about ruling WiFi with an iron fist. Sadly, since you cannot change natures and abilities in pokemon, those are there to stay. Luckily Tangerine knows how to accessorize, throwing on a Choice Scarf to make up for his lack of speed. Usually it is wise to Nasty Plot first, as opponents will not be expecting such a scheme. Tangerine's plans always seem to come true...

Tangerine's signature move, Infract, is very deadly on this set, OHKOing just about anything that dares to stand in its way. Even Blissey cannot manage to keep battling after a few infractions, and will inevitably ragequit. Using Infract in combination with Hammer Arm to hammer down those bans is a good tactic as well.

Natural Gift is, well, purely filler. Between Infract and BanHammer Arm, Tangerine really needs no other moves. Still, it is only fitting in the last slot, since racking up so many infractions is surely a natural gift...

Shall there be more new pokemon to come in gen5? I'll wait and see what I hear from serebii, but this is all I know at this point.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)